A Little Mischeif Never Hurt Anyone

Strutting down the street with full confidence, MK had just beaten his high score and received praise from today's training with Monkey King

Strutting down the street with full confidence, MK had just beaten his high score and received praise from today's training with Monkey King. Having a little skip to his step as he carried some groceries back to his apartment building. He was jamming to his music as he thought nothing could go wrong.

Oh silly, MK.

"Help—!!"

Blinking for a moment, MK slowly took off his headphones and perked his pointy ears to listen for a moment.

"PLEASE—!!"

His head to the right and noticed a strange scene he didn't notice before.

A whole building was crushed on a small child. His hand reaching out desperately for anyone to hold as his body was trapped underneath the giant walls.

"Ah-!" MK rushed over and started to claw at the stone, digging his fingers underneath a slab of a wall, he used some Chi to enhance his strength.

A childish giggle was heard above him. Glancing up to look at the top of the building nearby, MK spotted a figure sitting with crossed legs, a hooded cloak draped over their form. The patterns all in the repetitive shape of a red sun, "Hey—! Wait!" He then felt his finger slip as he hurriedly regained his composure in lifting the wall. Looking back up he saw the person disappear in a swirl of purple mist. Almost fading out of existence.

Managing to flip it over he was met with a little demon boy with horns. His amber eyes meeting his own as he coughed out some crushed cement dust, "T-Thank you.."

"Are you okay...?" MK held out his hand and helped the boy up to his feet. His eyes trailing over his tinted purple skin that had small purple splotches dancing across their arms and face. If he squinted his to peer closer, MK could see the many freckles dusting over his nose and face, "What's your name?"

The kid peered up to the taller person, "The name's Ren... I was caught in the giant attack between the two giant monsters...." He let out a cough again.

"Ren...?" MK tapped his chin in thought until his eye's widened, "WHA— REN!?"

The boy furrowed his brows, "Uh... Yeah..? That's me."

MK then pointed frantically at the child, "Y-Your free!? How!? I heard from Jinhua's story that you were imprisoned!!"

Ren face could be seen as unreadable as they smiled up at the boy, "Yeah... About that... I was found by Macaque after... Well something happened and now Im being raised by him..."

"Macaque, huh? He's back from the dead...?"

Ren's lip formed a tight line as he felt the sudden urge to snap at this naive and over optimistic boy, "Yeah..." He then came to an idea, "Do you know who killed him?"