Distant Memory

"What seems to trouble you, simian?"

Looking up from his spot on the branch, his golden orbs trail over the petite features of the golden haired demoness.

"Ah. Jinhua, I wasn't expecting you. What may I have done to grace myself of your undivided attention?" He mused himself as his tail swung around the branch idly.

"Keep humoring yourself, Macaque, but I was just drawn to the look on your face." A small smile rose on her lips, "Just out of curiosity and wonder for your current thoughts."

Macaque raised a brow, "My face? What face? I don't have a face." He denied with his brows furrowing and a lip jutted out in a small pout.

"That one." She lightly tapped a finger on his scrunched up nose. Her violet eyes gleaming in amusement as they watched the male hide half his face in his large red scarf.

"I don't even know what your going on about." He let out a huff, keeping his eyes on her's.

Jinhua just smiled and took a seat on the same branch. Her large Nekomata features now appearing after feeling relaxed in the male simian's presence.

"Why do you hide your demon features?" Macaque asked quietly as if the peace could hold the comfortable atmosphere between the two.

Glancing over her shoulder with a small hum, "I guess it's become a habit of mine that took place overtime."

Macaque just nodded, accepting the answer as it was.

Looking upwards and through the outstretched branches Jinhua spoke up, "Why do you keep your glamour on?"

Macaque let out a small chuckle, "Glamour? I don't have it on. This is what I look like." He flexed his six colorful ears and small other red markings that went down his arms and chest.

Jinhua shook her head, "Not from the description I heard from Wukong."

Macaque kept his eyes steady on hers, "Don't listen to the fool. He's probably lying to you, to get a reaction, or maybe even try and bother me about it."

"Oh no-no. I've heard that your coat of fur isn't what it seems."

He kept quiet at the statement.

Closing her eyes, Jinhua could feel a smile grow on her lips again, "In fact, it's the opposite of your black sleek fur. The color white."

She opened one of her eyes to glance over at Macaque, to see his gaze still on her with an unreadable expression.

"The color of snow. Light. The color of daises and the clouds above us." She opened her eyes and turned head to face him directly. Tilting her head slightly, she gave an amused look, "Such a pretty little color, isn't Macaque?"