Mayor's Visit

Closing the theatre down, Macaque shifted his Chi into the broken lantern that had shattered due to prior events

Of course, It was just a friendly shadow play that presented the story of how the moon had broken away from chasing the sun and drew closer to the stars around them.

Ren had ran off earlier to go hang out with Mei and that MK brat. Yeah he was still sour about that day still. But he didn't blame the young simian, he was just sour about the fact that Jinhua was harmed and he wasn't there to protect her. He was at home, cooking up dinner like a damn housewife.

Chuckling to himself, he remembered the scene of his kid and his friends all awing at the scene where the warrior confessed to his princess and lived happily ever after.

Well for now.

"Bravo—! Bravo—!" The sounds of slow clapping echoed around the stadium.

Macaque snapped his head around to see the damned abomination showcase a twisted grin at the simian in question.

"What a performance—!" He rolled his words with such enthusiasm that it almost sounded sickening to his six hidden ears.

Macaque tilted his head as he slyly his the lantern in his cape, "Last show actually... I was actually heading off—"

He didn't even have enough time to turn around and summon a portal at his feet, when a cold hand grabbed him by the throat and lifted him off the ground.

"UNGH—!"

Macaque suddenly felt his spiritual soul start to shift in and out of focus in his body by the servant's touch. He tried to grab hold of his sickly frozen hand but the creature's strength far outmatched his own.

The Mayor tilted his head with a coy smile, "My Lady would like to have a word..." His pale eyes then shifted to the fallen Lantern on the floor, "Oh—! And she'll be needing that."

A sudden explosion rang out in the entrance way, a sword came hurdling at the Mayor.

Letting go of the simian, the Mayor had no choice but to teleport out of the way with a glitch after effect.

Dropping to his knees, Macaque inhaled a large gasp of air as he rubbed his sore throat. Glancing up from his spot, he and the Mayor, watched a a familiar figure strutted into the room with a hand on her hip.

A fiery golden glare to match her flaming katana.

"I thought I warned you."

The Mayor released a snicker at the shuddering look she gave him, "And you, are not my Lady."

Jinhua rushed forward with her blade drawn. Her steps silenced as she leaped off a seat and lunged forward.

Barely getting out of the way, his face paled at the scorched wooden flooring on the stage, "And I seem to not have forgotten the last time we met under the same circumstances."