A Child who needed Love

At the utter name that came from the child's mouth, Jinhua's eyes sharpened and dilated into slits

At the utter name that came from the child's mouth, Jinhua's eyes sharpened and dilated into slits. Her hand was edging closer to the hilt of her blade before unsheathing her katana though, Ren started giggling as they bounced back and into the branch above them, "—Sike! You really shouldn't take that personally, you turned all scary for a second!" He mocked a sad performance of fear as he pulled his robe up to hide his face.

Jinhua narrowed her eyes and let out a slow exhale, "I'd advise you to not utter that name around my family or friends..."

Ren just cupped his mouth with both hands and started giggling childishly, "When you say it like that it makes me wanna do that exact thing even more."

A sudden drop of both her friend's weapons made her whip her head behind her to see them both kneeling on the ground holding their heads in anguish.

Jinhua turned to the nearest person, which was Macaque, and kneeled down beside him, placing her hand gently on his shoulder.

"Hello? Macaque-! Are you hurt somewhere??" She leaned her head down to try and read his expression but all she got was a look of pure agony and pain that washed over his face. His body curling into itself as he tried to ease the pain in his head.

Jinhua glanced over at Wukong to see that he was in no better state either, "What is your angle here, Ren...! What have you done to my companions..??"

"Relaaaxxxxx..! Psh-!" Ren waved the demoness dismissively, ignoring her rising anger, "Come play with me! I'm sure it'll be way more fun than those two monkeys." He blew a raspberry playfully towards the kneeling duo.

"Play...? Wait- Explain to me what your doing to them first!" Jinhua slowly stood back up as she made sure her katana was sheathed tightly, her lips forming a thin line as she stood in front of the two monkeys.

At that statement, Ren lit up with glee, "Really!? You'll play with me if I explain just that!" They appeared before the demoness again with the most happiest expression. They looked like they had just been given their first ever birthday present in a long time.

At that thought, Jinhua's lip quipped into a small frown, she then shook her head and cleared her mind as she looked down at the child that stood up to her waist as they looked up at her beaming with excitement.

"Yeah." She kneeled down to they're height and placed her hand gently on they're head, "I'll play for a bit. Just you and me." A smile slowly rose on her face as she softly gazed into their golden eyes.

Ren started leaping with joy as they rushed forward and wrapped they're arms around her neck in pure joy and giddiness. Their tail started wagging back and forth as they started laughing loudly, "Yay!! Someone finally wants to play with me!!"