The Mastermind

Closing her eyes calmly, she leaned her back against her a tree that provided her shelter from the oncoming rain and thundering

Her hand trailed down to her bag that secured the relic safely in its bonds.

Her face twisted in a grimace as she wondered back to the shouting of last night...

'I lost my composure... How could I be so.. I should've took a different approach that might've lessen the tension....' She thought in quiet as she mindlessly nibbled on her thumb nail.

'I shouldn't have done that... I should've control my temper... Reel it in like I was always told to...'

Clenching her eyes tightly, she took a deep inhale and then slowly let out an exhale.

Opening her eyes, she pushed herself off the tree and continued on her journey, "I need to focus on the task at hand and get back to the Heavens safely and put the relic ahead of myself..."

Taking the long way, Jinhua had no other choice but to walk back on foot unless she wanted to attract too many demons by using her sword for transportation.

It reminded her back to when she was first sent out on the adventure with Wukong and Macaque and had to weigh out the options. Of course, the difference from back then and now, is that she was not in any kind of rush and could take her time.

Trudging through the thick brackets of vines and branches, Jinhua glanced around as she heard a slight disturbance in the bushes around her.

Slowly pivoting her foot into a offense position, Jinhua placed her hand gently on the hilt of her katana with a narrowed stare.

As soon as a bird took off into the sky, multiple smoke like foxes leaped out and rained down upon her.

Shifting forward, she sprinted and already made a clean execution of one of them as they collapsed into a heap of black goo and just exploded.

Jinhua looked back and swung her sword to the side to get rid of the left over residue on her blade.

"Come you lowly untamed Huli Jing..." She hissed out warningly as she watched their fur bristle, growling back just as dangerously.

"Very well then." At that, she took a step forward and took another. When her boots hit the ground, the ground shook as an immense pressure pressed them down. A giant golden flame erupted from her sword and glared down at them hungrily, ready to devour and consume their flesh.

"Allow me to demonstrate what a high ranked demon can do." Her eyes flashed into a bright yellow.

Stalking through the dismembered bodies of plain goo and other strange particles that would hover over their remains.

Crouching down at one of them, Jinhua tossed a pebble into the mix and it instantly started to bubble and get vaporized in the gooey matter.