A Cup of Tea

"You ever wonder what a cloud tastes like?"

Ren and Mei both glanced at each other before looking back at a dazed MK.

"Uh... I don't know how to tell you this but..." Ren snickered with a flicker of his tail.

Mei tilted her head, "I don't think you can touch clouds, MK. But aren't they made of water evaporation?"

Ren raised a brow, "What was it called again? Condensation?"

Mei nodded, "But if I were to assume a taste I think it would be a very liquidy cotton candy."

MK narrowed his eyes at the strange taste, "A very soupy cotton?"

Ren walked up beside MK, "I dunno.. I was thinking of just plain water."

Mei gasped, "Why would you ever think of such a plain and boring answer!"

Ren shrugged with a smile, "Just thinking logically." He twirled out of the way of a flick of Mei's dragon tail.

"Oi—! You calling me childish!?"

MK laughed, "Yeah just thinking about random things."

Mei looked up from her position of holding Ren up by the collar, "What brought this question up anyway?" Ren was struggling to breathe in the background as he hung limply in Mei's hold. His purple skin tone taking a more darker tone by the second.

MK shrugged with a hum, "I was just thinking of Monkey King's cloud thingy."

Mei raised a brow, "You mean his Mystic Cloud of Transportation?" She released Ren, who in turn let out a very dramatic gasp of air.

"I COULD'VE DIED—!"

"I wouldn't have let that happen."

Ren tilted his head, "Really?"

Mei leaned down with a smirk, "No. Because your mom would kill me."

Ren frowned at her answer and started to dust off his robes, "And here I thought you actually cared for me as a friend."

Mei let out a gasp and wrapped her arms around the demon as quickly as possible, "Don't say such words! We're more than friends—!"

Ren was now desperately trying to escape her embrace by trying to shove her face away from his as she tried to muzzle they're cheeks together, "Get the fuck off me—! You know full well it's not like that!"

MK stifled a laugh at the interaction, "You really do act like siblings."

Mei's eyes sparkled, "At this point, you can just call me Mei nee-chan."

The demon boy felt his face darken at the title she referred herself, "Yeah no. Don't ever call yourself that again."

MK continued to walk down the street until his eyes landed on a street corner, "Is that what I think it is?"