Price of Seperation

Falling straight through the gap in the giant lantern, Tang landed on the cushioned fabric ground, living yet another day due to his luck, "I'm aliiiiiiivve—!!" He yelled out, but the sudden glow of a certain relic grabbed his attention immediately

And there is was. The third ring of Samadhi.

Sitting in the center of two twisted twin dragons that pillared through the center of the lantern, "There it is...! The ring!"

A sudden veil of indigo purple enveloped the entire room, darkening Tang's vision momentarily.

Sliding out of the side of the pillar, stood a giggling cloaked figure, "Not gonna lie. Totally thought you were gonna fall to your death." He pulled his hood back with a maniacal grin splitting his face, "Tang? Nerdy guy of the group, right?" He fell down making Tang jump and think he was going to splat on the floor.

But as soon as he blinked, Ren appeared behind him with his back pressed against his, "Smart guy? People with glasses tend to be smart, right?"

Tang whipped around to not see anyone, but a low chuckle erupted in his ear, startling the poor chap. The scared man gasped and rushed forward. He tried rushing for the ring but he was then tossed out of the ceiling, landing farther away from the relic than he previously was.

"But very slow on the reflexes... Not a main fighter, I presume?" Ren shifted out of the outer wooden bands surrounding the room, "Must be sad being put in the back... Never given a chance in the spotlight~!" Ren reappeared beside the pillar, his hands only inches from the ring when Tang shouted.

"S-Stop—! The Samadhi Fire is humanity's last chance to fight against the Lady Bone Demon...!!"

Ren sneered and glared over his shoulder, "Humanity is just gonna have to find another way then...! As this is my only chance to escape her! Freeing my little sister...!" He slammed a fist into the side of the dragon pillar, spitefully.

"Little sister....?" Tang stumbled up weakly, "If that's true... Then even you can see that standing together..." He trailed off at the sound of Ren's childish laughter.

"You really think that the Lady Bone Demon is gonna give me that chance!? When she still holds the slave contract over my head!? While she still holds my little sister as hostage??" Ren turned slightly, his eyes glowing a menacing purple, "I may be a child physically... But the things I've been through have matured me over hundreds of years mentally."

Tang listened with a saddened frown.

"And what do you offer? Only being the shortened straw of the group.. The black sheep! I have yet to see you be a shred useful to the cause of getting the rings. Friends and Family? They'll only leave you behind if you continue to act this way. You need to push that all aside and learn to step out of your little safety bubble." Ren snarled, "Or else your just gonna be used as another chess piece in the Lady Bone Demon's game."