The Secondary Flame

Successfully ditching the palace maids, Jinhua was able to freely walk around the marble halls, her pace sounding rushed as her eyes focused on the different doors she passed

'What are you looking for?' A quiet whisper filtered her ears.

A smile lit her face, "I can't keep summoning mock swords whenever I'm in battle..."

'Your blade. The Lotus Katana.'

"Exactly. It was lost in battle when I was defeated by Wukong. I've tried searching for it but it seems someone had grabbed it."

'Then it could be anywhere...!!'

"But here's the thing. I casted a incantation on it so that only close ones can hold it."

'Well that narrows it down....'

"Indeed."

Finding a familiar door, she pushed the heavy doors open. Finding an array of weapons that could put Macaque's collection in the dojo, to shame.

Scanning the weapons until she found the sword section, she could only find dull blades, massive claymores and dinged rapiers. Some of the katanas were just put on display to rust for all eternity.

"It's not here."

'How can you be so sure...?'

"It would glow when I'm near it. It functions on my abilities to unsheathe the blade." Jinhua sighed and turned towards the door. Her eyes then caught a small shine of light from leather armor with a few iron padding sewed in.

She glanced down at her shadow with a grin.

'Go ahead and take it. No one's stopping you.'

"It is never wise to come uninvited, into the lair of a dragon..." Al Guan stepped forward with his Projection hovering above him.

Mei held her blade close, "Greetings, I was only obtaining the map." She slid her mask on.

"Stealing from me? On orders from the Monkey King, no doubt..." He sneered with a raised brow.

"The Map was ours to begin with." Mei countered with an even tone.

"You are a descendent of the Dragon Clan!" He exuded his aura, the pressure almost as sinister as her master's in battle, "Your allegiance is to your family—!!"

Mei unsheathed her sword, "My allegiance is to my family, but also to my friends! My master taught me that! The fate of the world is at stake. And this is important." She squared her position, "We need the map, so we can find the weapon and stop the Lady Bone Demon! Freeing my brother from her shackles!"

Al Guan narrowed his eyes, "There is no stopping her! She is beyond any of us! Even the Great Jade Emperor himself dared to ask Jinhua a favor!" A bite in his tone hinted he was awfully annoyed by the Emperor's decision.