The First Ring

Teleporting into the humble abode of her friends', Jinhua dusted off her robes and transformed into a more suitable attire for a dinner party

"I see you've heard the chime of the bell. At least we know your hearing is still as sharp as it used to."

The demoness glanced over her shoulder to see Princess Iron Fan leaning against a pillar with her hands on her hips.

"Fann. Please withhold the old musings until at least one of us grows a gray hair." Jinhua smirked as she trailed over.

Fann sneered in disgust, "The dreadful thought of a gray hair....! Really Jinhua, you know as well as I that it would be you first. You and that army of little gremlins of yours."

Jinhua muffled a chuckle as she and Fann walked towards the doors, "I see little Biānpào has found the little babies of the group. And Sandy of course."

Fann stopped in her tracks and looked at Jinhua squarely, "Jin... Darling, I heard what happened to your son...."

Jinhua blinked before turning her gaze elsewhere, "He's fine... As long as we finish our task to get this weapon to defeat that Lady Bone Bitch. Then my anger will quell."

Fann nodded solemnly and stopped at the doors that enter the diner room, "I'll be teleporting in, as will you, I presume?"

Jinhua smiled, "Of course."

Fann chuckled and swung her fan around and trailed away with the wind.

Appearing on the far chair at the end of the table was Princess Iron Fan, "I was expecting a banquet. I wasn't expecting company." Her eyes trailed over to the three occupied seats on the left side of the table.

MK laughed nervously, Mei just smiled, and Sandy looked down in guilt like a scolded child.

"That is why I requested someone of higher rank to come speak for you..." Princess Iron Fan said while sipping a cup of water idly, "I trust you realize that this person is the rope holding this little truce of ours together by a thread."

A swirling tornado of blazes erupted around a seat beside Redson, startling the poor chap, and as it disintegrated, a demoness sat with a cup of tea in her hand.

"JINHUA!?"

"Master!!"

"Godmother!?"

"Ms. JINHUA!?"

The latter smiled and waved at the group to settle down, which Bull King took as permission to sit down. And he did.

Jinhua and Fann glanced at the other with amused looks in their eyes.

Iron Fan started the question first, "What precisely have you intruded on our dinner plans for exactly...?"

Redson raised his hand to answer for them, "Their looking for the Samadhi Fire..."