A Small Heart to Heart

"Do you absolutely any idea, what you have done—!?"

Two weapons clash in the heavy rain pour. Lightning struck in the midst of battle, each time their blades connected.

"Destroying a city?? Decimating an entire clan!? What was going through your mind at the time-!?" Her desperate plead for an answer rung through deaf ears.

"I- I can't.. I don't know how.." His frazzled state left him unable to form clear thoughts nor straight answers as he was left no choice but to defend himself against the onslaught of her rampaging attacks.

"Don't you dare hide behind that false charade! I know you, Wukong! And this-? You would never do such a thing!"  The woman brandished her katana high up into the air and swung it down full force, decimating the terrain around them as he struggled to block the blow with his staff, "I ask— I plead—! I beg of you—! Just tell me what happened back there!"

At that, his eyes flickered from gold to a tiny glint of blue. It was almost missed if the woman didn't have enhanced eyesight. But as they struggled to overpower the other, Wukong still could not answer as he turned his head to the side in disdain, his lip forming into a tight line.

The woman's hackles raised as her eyes pricked with small droplets, "Your never gonna tell me, huh?"

Wukong hesitantly looked up to meet her gaze at the low and shuddering tone. His ears folding back in shame as he watched his friend let out a heart wracking sob.

"Your never gonna tell me why."

Her eyes then glowed a menacing gold. Her canines bared as she glared hatefully at the simian in front of her.

"Why did you—!"

Wukong gritted his teeth and pushed her back at the sudden question, "It wasn't my fault—! It was..! It was just a—!" But he was cut off when She swung back again but, more powerful as her aura raged on in his wrathful path of revenge.

"Don't you DARE say it was an accident!" She growled lowly from her chest, her katana glowing even more dangerously. Her golden fire roaring in a ravenous hunger, it started to absorb his staff's chi.

"I want the truth!" She pushed forward. Gaining more ground as Wukong started to stumble back.

"I want to know the reason of Macaque's death—!"

Jumping up with a start, Jinhua released gagged breathes, that tore free from her dry throat.

Her eyes pricking with little tears that threatened to fall down her already damp cheek.

Quickly using her sleeve to brush away her tears, she hurried to compose herself and freshen up from the horrendous past. Rising from her sleeping mat, she slowly made her way over to the mirror.