I Don't Need Help

"And they said that to you?"

"Dreadful, really. I almost felt the need to shed more blood for the treacherous words that spilled from they're mouths." Jinhua idly circled the ring of her cup.

Zhu Baije gave a huff of annoyance, "I say you should've. Maybe that way, they would've learn to keep their traps shut."

"Now, now, let's not get over ourselves here. It's best if we go the peaceful route in this. Killing the grand council of the Nekomata Clan will put us in grand scale war against a royal demon clan..." Ao Ji stated with a weary look.

"It won't be the first time..." Wukong grumbled to himself as he took a bite out of a leg of a lamb.

Macaque elbowed the simian, "Have you completely lost it—!? The last thing we need is to make a whole other war again." He huffed tiredly.

"I agree. A war is not really necessary if we want to continue this passive life of ours after finishing our journey." Tang stated with a sip of his cup.

Jinhua rolled her eyes, "Try keeping a passive life when they try to put me into a slave contract." She hissed in distaste.

Shu Wujing spluttered out his tea in concern, "A slave contract? Between demons!? They would dare do such a disrespectful approach—??"

"It was quite, disturbing to say the least." Macaque crossed his arms in thought, "How long have they been bothering you?"

Jinhua hung her head wearily, letting out a long dramatic sigh, "From the moment I left the heavens to join the journey to the west...?"

The whole group erupted in deafening ruckus.

"HUH!?"

"THAT LONG!?"

"ITS BEEN 13 YEARS—!"

"DAMN—!"

"Persistent would be an Understatement—!"

Jinhua leaned back against a nearby tree with a light chuckle, "Indeed, they become more bold as the years go by."

"Why don't we just go kill the old bastards and be done with it? Then you could lead the clan and change it for the better." Wukong suggested either a shrug.

"I kinda agree with the ginger over here, unfortunately." Zhu Baije snorted, holding his rake over his shoulder, "The world would be better off without them."

Macaque raised a hand to quiet the pushy duo, "I don't think Jinhua wants to lead a nation."

Shu Wujing rubbed a hand down his beard in thought, "I could understand the pressure leading a Clan would bring."