Preparing for the Worst

Rushing through the bamboo forest, Ren pushed through greenery and leaped over a fallen stump

Rushing through the bamboo forest, Ren pushed through greenery and leaped over a fallen stump. Sensing a sudden drop of pressure in the air, his golden eyes surveyed his surroundings thoroughly.

A trail of green whizzed past his vision as he stopped in his tracks, feeling a slight shiver run down his spine.

With a sudden playful grin splitting his face, he took a giant leap in his spot and dodged a sudden tackle from Mei, who tried to take him by surprise, "Gotta do better than that, Mei—!" He called out with his tongue stuck out cutely.

"Oh yeah—!?"

Ren whipped his head up to see MK sky diving towards him, "Oh shit—" He was then tackled straight out of the air, by Monkey King's apprentice.

As they crashed into the ground, Ren used his cloak to create enough space to slip out of his clutches.

Mei came rushing in with her sword, her cackle ringing out in the air as she clashed with Mk, who barely had time to collect himself. She had hidden herself in the environment, taking advantage of the green terrain for her own kind of camouflage.

Mei pushed him back with her strength, "Didn't think you were much of a crashing the party kind of dude...!" She grinned, her horns flashing in green color at the reaction of her excitement.

MK smirked and pushed her back with a flash of yellow from his markings, "Nah... I just dropped in to make this party a little more... Exciting—!" His tail lashed out and grabbed her leg, yanking her off her feet.

Mei let out a betrayed gasp, "You tripped me—!? Have you no honor? No shame??" She laid on the ground dramatically with the back end of her hand on her forehead.

A blur of purple flashed above Mei with a umbrella, "Don't worry Mei, I'll avenge your honor—!!"

MK quickly twirled his staff and bent backwards to dodge a jab of Ren's umbrella, a confident smirk appeared on MK's face, "Ready for round 2?"

Ren back flipped out of the striking range of MK's staff and levitated just a few feet off the ground. Twirling his umbrella and then opening it to give him some shade, he held a hand over his mouth with a small giggle, "Let's make this a little more fun—!"

At that MK and Mei had to both roll out of the way as Ren started to shift into his projection beast. It's eyes flashing gold as it lowered down at them with a guttural shriek into the air.

The duo of friends both glanced at each other with smirks.

Mei was the first to start sprinting towards the beast, not before she smacked MK momentarily with her tail.

"Ow—! HEY!! What was that about honor—!?" MK called after her as he smacked his staff into the ground, sending his form flying into the air.

"Honor is for the warriors only, geek—!!" Mei let out a laugh as she rushed up Ren's lashing tail with abnormal speed, her steps light and her sword out like a dragon's claw.