The Battle of Conquest

Standing on her flying blade, Jinhua watched from above as her army of translucent warriors marched forward

Standing on her flying blade, Jinhua watched from above as her army of translucent warriors marched forward. Right behind her, Shiwen stood stall with his arms folded behind him.

One of her ears angled to the right of her as she listened to the wind howl around her. Closing her eyes, Jinhua didn't even need to know who it was.

"Jinhua... I... What happened to you...?"

Turning her violet gaze to match darkly lit amber ones, Jinhua tilted her head back with a weak smile.

"I'm getting answers, my dear friend."

Princess Iron stood in the air with a saddened face, "By marching a destructive army across the lands...? It's like you WANT everyone to know that your going off to war—!"

"I am doing what is necessary."

Iron Fan looked at her exasperated, "Necessary? Have you gone mad!?"

Jinhua's eyes flashed a dangerous gold, "Mad? Ah... I've long past the term of Madness.... I've gone completely insane at this point. I've lost all hope to my sanity." A twisted grin spread across the demoness' face, "I've lost everything...!" She let out a high pitched cackle with her eyes widening in glee at the almost petrified face the Princess made.

"Jinhua...! Please—! See reason through all this absurdity...! This is far from the friend I once lived to call friend. You've changed the past few months..." Princess Iron Fan pleaded with utmost genuine concern.

Jinhua glanced at the demoness with an almost bored expression, "And so have you it seems..." She finally turned her body to face her friend, "Tell me... Do you think I will make it out of this battle...?"

The expression alone on her friend's face answered her, "I can only hope, Jinhua..."

"That's all I need to know." Jinhua glided past her on her weapon, her arms folded behind her back.

"I hope you take care of Redson for me, it's gonna suck not having his God mother spoil him every time she visits." Jinhua stated without looking back.

The quiet sobs that broke from the Demon Princess' lips once again answered her question.

And with that, she continued on.

She had traveled over mountains and lakes for a few weeks now. It was time she sat and rested for a couple of hours.

She now sat at the edge of a steep hill that had an overhang.

She had a knee pulled to her chest and the other dangling over the edge. In her free hand, she stared down at the two bells that rung nothing but silence.

All in the motion of death.

"I've come to talk."

Keeping her gaze on the bells, Jinhua let out a frustrated sigh, "When will you people understand that I don't want to talk...!"