Rejuvenation

The bells around her neck swayed softly in the wind

The bells around her neck swayed softly in the wind. Jinhua sat on her porch and watched the sky dim into an orange blaze of light.

"If only things were different..." The demoness trailed a finger gingerly across the top of her hand, circling the tattoo and its random design.

Her nose scrunched up in distaste once she realized what she was doing. She placed her tea cup down and wandered back into her cabin in search for something to cover her hands.

Pulling out a magazine, Jinhua trailed over the catalogs and saw some gloves that won't be too much.

Snapping her fingers, silk fabric gloves adorned her hands and arms. Doing it's job of covering the dreadful designs.

A sudden ring echoed around her home, making Jinhua look towards her lotus plant sitting on her window sill.

A few tung on Jinhua's chest indicated that both her bonded are in need of desperate help.

Glancing back at her tea cup that was left untouched, Jinhua let out a sigh as she snapped her fingers.

"Master!"

"Jinhua—!"

"Madam!?"

Waving the golden flames from her vision, Jinhua opened her eyes to see a massive shadow projection nail a punch into another massive beast.

"OOOOOO—!" MK and Mei scrunched their noses at the painful looking punch.

The projection then proceeded to land another hit into the beast that looked the way same tint of purple as the projection half the upper body of a wolf with the massive paws, and lower body of a snake with spines  trailing down its tail.

It's yellow gleaming eyes wide in a twisted manner as if it were out for blood.

"The big creature thing started wreaking havoc first and then the other monster thing started to throw hands with it—!" Mei summarized quickly for Jinhua who continued to just stare.

The beast raised one of its massive paws and smack the projection into multiple buildings.

"Ahh-!!"

Screams rang out across the city as the two mighty giants continued to brawl.

Jinhua could feel her hands tremble at the familiar scene. Her eyes glowing a bit as she brandished her sword and charged into the city with Mk and Mei following quickly behind her.

"What do we do against that—!?" Mei shouted and pointed at the beast that stalked towards the projection with a twisted grin. It's eyes shifting from yellow to blue. But when it did, Jinhua spotted a few tears leaking down its face as it continued onward.

Each step it took made buildings crumble under its weight.

"You don't need to focus on the them—! Just focus on the civilians! This whole city is in grave danger as long as those two giants continue to duke it out!" Jinhua stated through gritted teeth. Her demon features finally shifted as she grew another feet taller. Her eyes sharper as she took in her surroundings.