An Awakening

"I have plagued the lands of all its evil

"I have plagued the lands of all its evil.... I have stood at the front line against wars in the name of justice...."

Her hands clasped the bells in her fist tightly. The foul stench of burning flesh filled her lungs.

"Fighting for a place in the Heavens to call my own.... And when I leave to finally find my place...?"

The golden fire in her chest burned. It seared her insides with its wrathful greed of consumption.

"They take and they take and they take..." Her claws dig into the side of her head as she began to chant the words over and over again, "It's like a cycle of never ending corpses piling, that I could never truly escape...!"

"The ones that I gave a chance....!"

"The ones that I let into my heart-!"

"The ones I cherished and loved-!"

Golden blood dripped from the lids of her eyes as they flashed a bright saffron.

"All ripped away from me in my very own arms-!" She wailed out. Her heart aching sobs filled the empty wasteland around her. The cold body that she held close to her chest. His white locks filled with the scent of a withering wisteria petal.

"First it was my father... then my beautiful child... and now-!" Her voice cracked towards the end of her sentence as she gazed down to her fallen love.

"I need... I need something... Anything to stop this painful ache that forever stays lodged in my heart..."

A soft whisper echoed in her ears.

Ṯ̶͈̇̈́͆̽͝a̶͆ͅk̸͓̦͖̆́́̿ë̴͉́̄̓̓ ̸̛̖̳̮̰̉̍ŕ̷̦̤̰̦̯e̶͓͆́͒v̷̟͇͇̫̏́̈́͑e̵̤̿̅͂n̶͈̫͒̈͐͝͝ģ̶̛̟͓̆͂̕ͅẹ̶̻̓͊͆...̶̨̛̠̆̈̈́͠

Her eyes widened slowly.

D̶̢͚̻̽ö̶͙͚͔͙́̉̀ ̵̧͇̘̐̄̋̕î̵̭͋̀̇͜t̵̲͍͍̓̊̈́̊̕...̴͚͎̱̠͚̉̆̌̆̕ ̴͖̺͒̚y̴̛̬̥̋͝ő̷̫̠̰u̴̻͒́̔̈́ͅ ̵̲͔̉̃͜ȟ̵̗̙͚̞͕̆a̵̯̦͔̔̐̍̈́̽v̵̻̤̦̤̝̈́e̶̦̹͗ ̵͕͖̠͛̅̄̅́ͅn̸̼͇̋̈́̆͐̽ŏ̸̺̹̤t̴̞̽̑̀h̴̠̤̫̤̚í̷͠ͅn̴̘̄̀̐ĝ̷̡̟ͅ ̸̟̦̂͋͠l̵͈̠̎e̶͖̙̟͛̐f̶̰͉̏͗͘͝ṯ̵̩̗̍́̀̽ ̶̪͌̓̀̚t̴̡̅o̵̐͋̅͐͝ͅ ̶̬̏͐l̷͈͊̃̎͠o̵̢̪̝̖̻̽̀̈́s̶̨̛̬̲̬̤̍̍͆͝ê̷͓͇̙͇̦͒̈̽̿...̴̢̞̯̫͑͘!̴̭̜̝͉̺̏́̍̔̕

"Nothing...."

At that a giant spiral of golden flames erupted around her, towering over the great mountains surrounding the burning kingdom.

It's flames danced in wrathful and a vengeful emotion, it's blazes almost reaching out to the city. Branching out like one on a deer's antlers...