Impending Battle

Standing in the abandoned temple underneath the ritual site, MK started to pack up everything while Sandy started to fix his Van again before they departed

"Hey bud."

MK jumped, whipping around so fast that his ponytail smacked him in the face accidentally. His eyes darted down to the pillar where he thought he heard the voice.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to startle you." Macaque's figure slid out of the pillar's shadow, his red cape flowing behind him like trailing wisps, "You've been through enough as it is."

MK relaxed significantly at the sight of Macaque, "Nah.. It's fine. We just have to get back to Metropolis... Get Jinhua back. Get Ren's sister back. Get Mei back. Get the staff back. Defeat the Lady Bone Demon. And save the world while we're at it." He shrugged his shoulders, his tail thumping against the ground in slight irritation.

Macaque sat next to the young simian, watching idly as he packed his spare sketchbooks and pencils, "I'm sure it was hard." He placed a hand on his shoulder.

MK froze in his actions. His pointy ears perking at the statement, "It's fine, I had Redson and Monkey King with me..."

"No. It's not." Macaque grabbed MK by the shoulders so he'd face the elder simian, "You literally just watched your mother figure get taken away from you. You watched her capture her own apprentice, your own brother in arms... It's not fine."

"I-I... I guess...?" MK looked to the side with his tail curling around Macaque's wrist unconsciously, "I don't know what you want me to say.... That everything still seems like it's not going to end well? That the odds seem against us? Should I say that? Say that I don't even know if there's a chance to get Ren's sister back...??"

Macaque just listened quietly as MK ranted on. His eyes saddened at the pressured simian. He noticed that the young demon had barely touched the surface of his powers and he was thrusted out into a world full of enemies that wish to crush him, just because of his mentor's past grudges.

"Like what else am I supposed to do? I've barely done anything else but become a side character in this great journey... Mei and Ren seem to have been doing great without much help from me... I.. I just don't know what to do anymore... I really wish Jinhua was here to give me hug..."

Macaque felt his chest tighten at the last bit, "Look kid,"

MK glanced up with a trembling frown, his hands rubbing together as he tried to calm his nerves.

Macaque glanced over at Ren and Redson talking in the distance. His ears picking up a few tidbits of the conversation. Branching off from how Ren had attacked MK because of his hostility for his mentor. While Redson related to that and said he attacked MK as well because his father had a grudge against the same person. Both very much hating the 'Hero' title. And prefer to be called something else.