Fire Training

Teleporting in the midsts of a highly dense bamboo jungle, Jinhua and Redson began they're search for Mei

"Why didn't you do it?"

Jinhua's ears perked at the question, her eyes looking through a few bushes, "Do what?"

Redson stopped in his search, his arms crossed, "Attack the Monkey King. You had every right. Yet.. Y-Y... You just... You just left him be...! Why?"

Jinhua was silent for a moment, taking in his words. If she were to be honest, she didn't know either. And if she were more honest, she wasn't angry at the simian. She was scared. Scared of trusting him again. Scared of knowing how he affected her so easily.

She wasn't dumb. During the whole scenario of Macaque's death and fall of her clan, she wasn't as angry as she was scared. She wanted answers so she could confirm if she could trust him. Trust him to be honest with her. Trust him to not attack her. Trust him not to strike her down like her kin.

She wasn't thinking straight at the time, but she was scared that he might kill her just as easily as her fellow Nekomata. He killed his brother in arms.. What's stopping him from killing her?

So she attacked first.

Fearful of what would happen if he considered the first move.

Scared for her life.

Scared of her own friend.

Scared of Wukong.

"I... I'm not sure anymore..." Jinhua sighed. Her shoulders slumped as she tried to scramble her jumbled up thoughts together.

Redson frowned at her answer, "This.. I-I don't even know what to call it anymore... A 'fight' is a term that is too simple for this... Tension. But what I do know is that it's also affecting him. Not just you."

Jinhua turned slowly to the boy, "...How so..?" Her tails swayed behind her hastily.

"W-Well... Isolation for centuries of years and then retiring because your too tired to care...? Wukong has went through a very long term of a depression episode..." Redson looked down at his feet, trying to wrap his head around this whole ordeal, "And maybe... The guilt of sealing you away... Has finally broken him..."

Jinhua blinked, "Are you trying to tell me that Wukong tried to kill himself to try and redeem himself... The Sage equal to Heaven... Monkey King... Who is known to be terrified of death itself... Did all of this.. For me...?" Her tone was quiet as if she could barely believe her own words.

Redson sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, "I know it might not make sense... But it would explain why he didn't wish to explain the entirety of the plan... He was scared of interruption with his redemption. And he saw that the Samadhi Fire was the only way to do just that. You said it yourself. A single vessel couldn't control the raw power of the flame."