A Scholar's dream

Leaning on a stool with woven pillows cushioning it, Jinhua snapped her fingers and her kiseru pipe appeared between her fingers

Leaning on a stool with woven pillows cushioning it, Jinhua snapped her fingers and her kiseru pipe appeared between her fingers. The small bowl at the end of the smoking pipe was shaped as a lotus made of gold. Sliding the pipe between her lips, she snapped her free hand and a small flicker of flames ignited the smoking pipe. Taking a drag from the pipe, Jinhua slowly formed little circles of smoke from her lips as she watched from her spot in her cottage.

Hearing the rush of steps, Jinhua's eyes flickered over to the door of her cottage being swung open, introducing both MK, Mei and another stranger that she hasn't met yet.

Flicking her wrist all the smoke around the room swiveled around her finger and disappeared into thin air.

MK and Mei gawked at the simple gesture of magic. But none was more excited than the stranger himself as he shoved himself in between the teens and hurried over to gawk and chatter overly hyper about the demoness who could only stare confused at the babbling mortal.

"ARE YOU REALLY IMMORTAL!?"

"THE DAUGHTER OF THE GODDESS GUANYIN??"

"ARE YOUR FLAMES REALLY GOLDEN!?"

"WERE YOU REALLY HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH THE SIX-EARED MACAQUE WHEN YOU WERE THE LOVER OF THE GREAT MONKEY KIN-!!??"

Jinhua placed a finger on the scholar's lips to silence him before he could finish that last question. A low growl escaped the demoness as she glared down at the stranger with an annoyed look.

"I was never in that sort of relationship with those two monkey's. The poets and writers all wanted to spice up the legends with the their imaginations and couldn't handle the three of us just being friends." Jinhua's eyes sharpened as she noticed the scholar almost suck in the words like they were the last drop of water in a desert.

Letting out a sigh, she lightly tapped the bowl of her smoking pipe in a trash container to get rid of the incense of powder. Her eyes slowly traveled over to the two teens who were watching with wide excited eyes when she corrected a part of the legends with the real truth.

"Now, children. Mind introducing to me this stranger you've brought into my domain?" She pointed towards the scholar who still had a finger pressed to his lips, in fear that he would go on to blabber about whatever outrageous question he had in mind next.

Mei came back to the world first as she hurried over to the comfortable couch in the living room, making herself at home, "Well, me and MK were fixing up certain parts in his autobiography of the Monkey King and Tang looked at it saying the story you told us wasn't recorded in any tapestry's he's ever seen or heard off. So he asked where we heard of it and we started to talk about you. Apparently you had already met Pigsy and Sandy-."

"Ah- Sandy..? He's a frequent customer at my tea shop."

"Yeah, anyways, Tang realized he was the only one that hadn't met you yet, so me and MK dragged him along with us to show you. Apparently your like this legendary warrior that had won countless battles."