The Unexpected Calvary

It was quiet for a moment as they watched the younger version of Jinhua wallow in grief as she curled in on herself trying keep her sanity

Jinhua watched with a tight lipped look, her eyes watching with an unseen void of acceptance as she felt the two younger children nestle into her sides as they observed with distraught faces.

"This is.... Highly saddening and a unseen turn of events..." Tang commented gravely.

"It was heart breaking, truly... But at that moment I realized that I needed to pick myself back up and grieve later as now wasn't the time for such emotions."

MK looked up sadly as he saw Jinhua's hardened look as she watched the flame screen, "But that's kinda...." He trailed off not knowing a certain word to describe it, but he just knew that he didn't agree yet he understood what she meant.

"Jaded? Heartless? I can see why... but that was just what is was at the time. Especially when my enemy gave no time for me to grieve for my loss."

At that they all turned towards the screen to see what happens next.

The world spun as she leaned back in her position on the ground, her head tilting upward towards the sky in which Jinhua has no idea how to process what events had transpired only seconds ago.

Her throat sore and raw from the continuous screaming and too dry to even utter a couple of words.

She didn't even bother to turn her gaze towards the Demon Fox King as he stood in front of her, his tails swaying in a manner that seemed almost taunting.

His mask discarded to the forest ground as he peered down at her silently, observing her as if her unstable mental state was something fascinating.

"So this is what an actual caring parent looks like..." He hummed out loud as he rubbed his chin, "Not that I would know. I suck at parenting." He dismissed his earlier comment and raised his hand up to show the relic in his grip.

With a snarky grin, he proceeded to take a bite of it and licked his lips as if it was just another fine Danish.

"Oh how the great has fallen...." He chuckled lightly as he watched the relic lose its color and energy as it started to wilt and wither in his hand. Once it shriveled up, he tossed it to the side with a bored glance and looked back to the demoness.

"And the fallen have become great again." He mused with a smirk. His crimson eyes flashing in amusement as he leaned down and placed a long finger under her chin. His long sharp red nail dug into her skin as she was forced to look at him.

The aura around his demonic center grew rapidly and surged through him in plentiful amounts of Chi Energy. The pressure of the aura's intensity made Jinhua grounded in her kneeling position as she felt her hands tremble in clenched fists.