CH-4 Dryads

Rimuru's POV

I have been strolling through the forest aiming for the monster with high magicules. I am in my human form so I am not releasing any aura. This causes many monsters to attack me. It's not like I cannot release my aura in human form. It is just that I decided not to.

As I am not releasing my aura, the monster attack me frequently. I make quick work of monsters that have no new skills for me while predate and absorb any monster which has new skill. 《Wisdom》 really is great. It can help me identify their skills and also help me in managing my powers.

As the day ends and night comes, many nocturnal monsters came out. I made quick work of them and absorbed their skill. They had lots of skills regarding shadows and stuff. 《Wisdom》integrated all these skills into the extra skill《Shadow control》.

Next morning I had reached a big tree. Well I was still quite a fair distance away from it but could still see it regardless. The interesting part is that this tree can only be seen with my magic eyes. As soon as I stop using them, I am unable to see it. I wonder why...

(This is because an elaborate matrix has been laid and further enhanced with magic to divert any stray monsters away from it. But as Master is very strong, it is possible for you to see through it. In short, it is a sort of illusion spell to confuse the monsters.)

Is that so? Then they must be quite intelligent. I wonder if they can communicate. I will feel bad attacking someone who hasn't harmed me. Well let's see. While thinking so, I am step into the barrier. I feel slight discomfort which fades away quickly and I continue to move towards the tree.

As I was moving towards the monster, two more monster suddenly appeared. They are not as powerful as the one I had locked on. So they either teleported here or are some form of summoned monsters.

The weakest one of the trio started moving towards me while the other quickly surrounded me. I saw them but did not do anything. I guess anyone would do so if someone invaded their territory. But this did not mean I let my guard down. I kept close eye on the two surrender me as well. I stood their as the weakest one finally came into view. I could not see her before but she looks a human if you exclude the vines growing around her. I assume she is a dryad.

Treyni's POV

I was as usual looking over the forest that Veldora-sama left for us to overlook. Suddenly I felt that someone had managed to break through the illusion barrier. I quickly looked at this individual through the nearby trees.

I had never seen or heard about any human entering the forest. He has blue hair and a beautiful face. His blue eyes look as if they are looking at his prey. Even though he is not releasing much aura, my gut feeling is telling me that he is very strong.
{A/N:- when rimuru is using magic eyes his eye color will change to blue. Also rimuru doesn't know how to use magic sense yet so he cannot look at far away objects. Only identify the amount of magicules in them.}

I quickly contacted my sisters and told them the situation. We quickly decided to send Trya, my youngest sister, to make contact with him while me and Triss will surround him and attack him in case he does something suspicious. We quickly surround him. As Dryads we naturally have strong speed and attack as well as ability to hide when surrounded by trees and forests.

Trya: Who are you and what are you doing here?

???: Isn't it courtesy to introduce yourself before asking for someone else's name. Any how, my name is Rimuru.

Trya: My name is Trya. What are you doing here?

Rimuru: Before I answer that could you both please come out.
He said that with a menacing smile on his face as he faced us. How did he know? He is dangerous. If he can detect in our own sanctuary then it is possible that he is stronger than us. Just as I was about to tell Triss to come out, she summoned her Greater Wind Spirit.

This person, Rimuru, turned to her with a smile.
Rimuru: So you want to fight me huh? I don't mind. Come on. I also want to test how strong I am.

Just as he said that Triss ordered her spirit to attack with air cutter. As I saw that fighting was iinevitable,I summoned my own spirit and ordered her to do the same. Trya, on the other hand held Rimuru to the ground with the help of her vines. I knew this would not be enough to kill him but it should hurt him a little.

But I was surprised to see that he had no scratches on himself. He has a sword in his hand. What is it made of? I have never seen that metal before.

Rimuru: You are not the only one who can use wind magic you know. I can use it as well. 《Storm Wind Barrage》.

That attack...... No way. That attack. Only Veldora-sama should be able to use that. I don't have time to think. I quickly jump in from of Triss to protect her and cast a defensive magic. Not that it was of much use but I am still alive.

Rimuru's POV

Tch.... It ended too quickly. Or rather that attack was overkill. I got this skill as I analyzed Veldora. It was one of the few skills I had acquired from Veldora hadn't used yet.

I look towards where one of the Dryads use to be. Oh? Looks like the stronger one protected the weaker and both managed to survive. I look towards where Trya was and as expected. She is unconscious. Well I couldn't control the attack. It is only supposed to attack in one direction. Even though 30 percent of the attack were on target, the rest scattered in random directions. Guess I need to work on that more.

Rimuru: So do you wanna continue?

Even though I don't leave my enemies alone it was not like that they attacked me. I was the one who entered their domain without permission. Also killing such strong monsters could cause massive changes to the forest so I decided to ask that. But if the want ot continue I will kill them.

???: No. We accept our defeat. I am Treyni, elder sister of Trya and Triss.

I know who Trya is, so she must be Triss.

Treyni: Please leave my sisters and this forest alone. In return I will become your subordinate.

Rimuru: Don't worry. If you and your sisters promise to not antagonize me, I will not harm you or your sisters. I never intended to do so anyway. In return you guys will help me. Understood?

Treyni: Hai.

Rimuru: So, is there any civilization nearby?

Treyni: There is the Ogre village nearby. But the closest human settlement is outside the forest, so I dont know how far it is or how to get there.

Rimuru: All right. Then take me to the Ogre village.

----------------

This is ch 4. It deviates a bit from both ln and wn with rimuru meeting the Dryads first and then the Ogres. Dont worry, Rimuru will meet the ranga and goblins as well.