CH-55

Rimuru's POV

It's a sunny day. The perfect day to relax and enjoy. Me and Hinata were having breakfast when a new recruit came running in.

"Report. A large number of enemies have attacked the Grand Cathedral and are being fought against."
"Calm down. What are their numbers. How many casualties have we sustained?"

That's Hinata for you. Always calm and composed. Having someone like her under my command in my previous life would have made it much easier for me. Well, let's not think about it.

"Hai. There are about 100 enemies. Some casualties have been sustained amongst the Holy Knights and Pope's Imperial Guard, but no civilians have been injured. It seems like they know the layout of the Cathdral very well."
"I see. Don't let your guard down. Deploy all the Holy Knights and do not underestimate them. They are men of Gran, the leader of the Seven Clergy."

I turn to look at Diablo and he smiles as if everything is under control. I am sure he just contacted Venom through telepathy. I quickly open a portal and say, "Let's go. It would be troublesome if plans go awry now."
"What plans?"
"The music performance." I said with a smile. Looks like she won't trust me, but that doesn't matter. She isn't getting anything else out of me.

I go through the portal. Shizue and the kids were already with the band. The band continued to practice even when they were fighting. What is this? Background music during the fight? Is this an anime? What the hell? I quickly go to the place the kids were.

"You guys, don't run around all right? Shion, Diablo, protect the kids. Shizue, you should come with me."
"Huh? Are you sure?"
"Yes. Don't worry. With Shion and Diablo here, the kids will be fine."
"Alright then."

I take Shizue with me and head towards the front gate. There, Hinata was busy fighting an old man. He looked to be quite good in fighting. His fighting style was refined.

"So you are Granbell, nice to meet you."
"I see. So you are the Demon Lord Rimuru. How dare you kill Mariabell!!?"
"It wasn't my fault that she overestimate herself. And I would have killed her regardless. If not then, then right now as you die."
"Looks like you are also overestimating yourself. I am a hero."
"So? I am a Demon Lord. Aren't we destined to fight? Why are you busy fighting Hinata."
"Hah. Maria. Go and bring back Ruminas-sama. If she resists, it is fine to kill her."

As soon as he said that, a woman came out from the crowd. She seems to be in her 20s.

"Understood. Executing command." She said and left towards the Church.

A machine? Also, is she related to Mariabell? They look quite alike.
<Report. According to genetic analysis there is no connection between them.>

How do you know with just a look? No. I won't even ask. No need to answer.

"Hinata-sama, there is no need for you to fight. Head Priest Gran, we will be your opponent." Cardinal Nicholas said. Three Holy Knight Captains, Arnaud, Ritase and Leonard bought time for Nicholas to cast Disintegration. Bad move. Not by Nicholas but Hinata. Now that Gran was distracted, this was the perfect time to take care of other problems.

Right now, Hinata is just standing there with her body cooling down and losing adrenaline. A human body is quite amazing. In a situation of do or die, it can function for days with limited resources due to adrenaline with little to no drawbacks. Yet, it is not omnipotent. It has it's own drawback. Once an adrenaline rush dies down, fatigue takes over and it can take up to 24 hours before adrenaline rush in the body can occur again. Hinata is still a human and cannot force her body to secrete adrenaline at will. Hence it is imperative that she uses it to it maximum advantage. A monster like me doesn't need it, but Hinata is still a saint.

Meanwhile, Granbell doesn't seem to have any trouble fighting three of the Holy Knight Captains at once. Nicholas has finished chanting and casts Disintegration. Granbell doesn't seem scared at all.

"Hmm. Your control over magic is quite exquisite. Really, quite commendable." He says as if tutoring him. As soon as he says that, he absorbs the Disintegration into his sword.

"That is..." Hinata quickly prepares stance, but the others weren't so lucky. I quickly cast a barrier around them. It should prevent them from dying on the very least.

"Are you guys alright?" Hinata asked.
"Hmm. So no one died. I guess you should thank that demon lord." Granbell said.
"Why you.." Shizue said and was about to move in when she stopped. Rather I stopped her.
"Calm down Shizue. You don't have to fight him."
"What are you saying Rimuru-san. He is-"
"Calm down and look around."

It was then she noticed that there were other people as well. They were all otherworlders.

"I brought those here as gifts, Demon Lord Rimuru. They are from the same world as you. There is no way you will kill them right? They are powerless after all."
"Shizue, I will deal with them, you take care of him." I say pointing towards the airship coming towards us.
"Leon is on that ship. Take your revenge." I whisper to her as I quickly go and put the otherworlders to sleep one by one. There were some otherworlders who were Japanese, some Indian,some American, some from Europe. These were fine. But there were some whose race I couldn't identify. So there are other worlds beside our two and summoning from them is possible.

Just as I was finished, I heard a loud, crashing noise at the Grand Cathedral. We all turn to look there.
"I did tell Razul to destroy the Cathedral, I guess he is doing it too flamboyantly."

The kids are still there. With Diablo there, it should be fine, but an Insectar will be tough to fight against, even for Diablo.

"I guess so. So, is he Razul? Quite weak. I thought he would be stronger. Well, I guess humans really are disappointing."
"You. You.. you newborn demon lord!! You just don't know the true power of Razul. Hahaha. He is strong. Stronger than even me. Do you really think he is weak now? When he is even stronger than me?"
"Huh? Of course. Do you think you are strong? You are pathetically weak, you know. I could kill you right now if I wanted,but that would be too boring. So entertain me a bit, will you? The only thing you have for yourself are cheap party tricks. You are more of a clown than a hero."
"You!!"

Looks like he is losing his calm. What an idiot. Looks like Hinata has managed to understand what I was trying to do. Earlier the battle was in favor of Granbell, but now, due to his anger, he is slipping up and Hinata is no longer a sitting duck. This was all within expectations except her. I didn't expect Guy to move. Oh well. This will be perfect.

'Ranga. Go and help Shion.'
'Understood.'

I then use telepathy net.
'Diablo, something on your mind?'
'Rimuru-sama. Yes.'
'Is it regarding her.'
'As expected of Rimuru-sama. To notice her.'
'Shion, Ranga is in your shadow. You two work together to keep Razul at bay. Diablo, go and take of her for me. Don't kill her. Just annoy her a bit. Annoying Guy will be fun.'
'Understood.' All three said at the same time and got to work.

------------------

That's it. I hope you guys enjoy. Like and follow.