CH-7 Battle of the Ogre Village

Rimuru's POV

I teleported to the surrounding of the ogre village. What I saw surprised me.
15000 orcs were attacking th village. Not only did they have full plate armor they were also using weapons. They were attacking with fire tipped arrows and trying to burn down the village. Luckily Shuna had a cast a defensive barrier to prevent the arrows from reaching the village.

Benimaru, Akamaru, Shion and Hakurou along with nearly 100 ogres were fighting on the village boundaries and protecting the other non-combatants. Souie was killing orcs from the shadow and supporting the ogres who are unable to fight or injured. Shuna was in Akamaru's house maintaining the barrier.

I teleported behind Shuna and saw that she was draining her magicules very quickly. Seeing her trying to do the best for her family and friend reminded me of my sister. I hope she is okay.

Rimuru: You should rest now, Shuna. I will cast a defensive barrier so it's alright.

Shuna: Ri-Rimuru-sama! When did you arrive here?

Rimuru: Shush. Take a rest. I will take care of the rest.

Shuna: But. You are......  Understood. Please help onii-sama and father. I beg you.

Rimuru: Very well. Don't worry.  I will protect them.

Shuna's POV

It has been nearly 2 weeks since Rimuru-sama left. I have been feeling lonely I guess. Suddenly Souei appears in front of me and tells me that nearly 15000 orcs are invading. I was surprised but I am sure onii-sama and father will take care of it. After some time father came in and told me to cast a defensive barrier around the village and hide in the house.

I am not sure what happened but did what I was told.

A few hours have passed. I have used up a lot of my magicules. I dont know how long I will last but I must keep going. If I can save atleast one more life then it is worth it.

Suddenly Rimuru-sama appeared behind me. When did he come here? After that he told me to rest and cast a barrier on the whole village. He cast it so easily. Rimuru-sama really is strong.
After that Rimuru-sama moved towards the village gate and released a massive fireball killing atleast a hundred orcs at once. He continued to kill orcs at an alarming rate and saved many ogres. Many ogres died. I could see atleast 30 dead bodies of ogres with the help of magic perception. Onii-sama and father continued to support Rimuru-sama. After some time a large orc came out. He was much bigger than the others and I could feel an ominous aura around it. I am sure even father or onii-sama won't be able to win against it. Rimuru-sama suddenly took out his sword and charged at the orc. He cut cleanly through th giant sword the orc was carrying and continued to cut through his hand as if it was butter.

He then took his sword and stabbed it through the heart. The orc fell lifelessly on the ground. The entire battlefield fell silent. The orcs started attacking again but without their leader their attacks became easy to predict.

Rimuru-sama started to return as father, onii-sama, Hakurou and Shion started cleaning up the remaining orcs. The remaining fight continued throughout the night but it was more or less one-sided.

The next day Rimuru-sama was invited by father for some discussion. I wonder what they are going to talk about.

Rimuru's POV

The day after the battle, Akamaru invited me too his house for some discussion.

Akamaru: Welcome Rimuru-sama. Thank you for helping us yesterday. Truly. Without your help, we would not be able to live today.

Rimuru: No need. You all helped me a lot for the past weeks. So it is only normal that I help you.

Akamaru: Please don't be humble Rimuru-sama.

Rimuru: Very well. I will accept your gratitude then.

Akamaru: Thank you. Then, Rimuru-sama, I would like to talk about the future about the village.

Rimuru: Future?

Akamaru: Hai. We, Ogres, are a warring tribe. We value skill and fighting prowess above anything else. I have already been leading this tribe for a long time. So I think it is about time i retire.

Rimuru: So you are making Benimaru the new chief?

Akamaru: No. I would like Rimuru-sama to be the new chief.

Huh? Me? The new chief?

Rimuru:  I am not even an ogre you know. I am a dragon, you know.

Akamaru: That is all right. As I said, power is everything for us

Rimuru: What about Benimaru? What about the other ogres?

Akamaru: Don't worry. I have already talked it with my son. Most ogres already saw you fight and would happily serve you.

Rimuru: Very well. But I will not be the chief. Akamaru, you will continue to be the chief and I will hold a position higher than you. It will be purely ceremonial. After all I have no experience leading a tribe.

Akamaru: Very well.

Rimuru: Then you all should rest. Day after tomorrow let's have a meeting to decide what to do. Also a few goblins and Direwolves will come here in a few hours. I told them to come here so don't hurt them.

Akamaru:  Understood. I will tell the guards about them.

After that I went back to my house and fell on the bed and fell asleep.

------------
So the ogre village will be the main base instead of the goblin village. I hope you guys enjoyed.