CH-49

A few days later.....
In the Freedom Guild

3rd Person POV

Two figures are currently sitting in the room.
"That was really stupid of Maribell."
"You are right Kagali, but she must have a plan. Maribell wasn't the type to take gambles."
"What do you mean Yuuki?"
"What I mean to say is simple. Maribell must have a plan that made sure not a lot of damage will be done."
"But what if she believed that taking some damage was worth it to take out Demon Lord Rimuru."
"Even if she managed to take Rimuru-san under control, she would have to face with the Chaos Dragon and angered Demon Lord Milim and The Storm Dragon. The damage would be catastrophic."
"Then, maybe she had a plan to remain safe?"
"No. Then her entire plan to rule the Western Nation would have toppled regardless."
"Then why?"
"Think about it. Who did Laplace fight and kill?"
"The Demon Lord Valentine."
"And name all the demon lords in the Octagram."
"Huh? There is Guy Crimson, Milim Nava, Ramiris, Leon,...... Valentine."
"Yep. Laplace killed him, yet a new demon lord was not selected and number remains the same."
"Then there is another demon lord Valentine?"
"No. The Demon Lord Valentine that Laplace fought was fake. The real one is most probably, even more strong."
"T-then.."

Something interrupts Kagali. Someone teleports inside the room and sits down opposite to Yuuki and Kagali. Kagali immediately stands up.

"Why are you here Rimuru-san? Spying isn't a good activity. Girls will not like you, you know."
"No need to concern yourself regarding my love life. Anyway, I am surprised you managed to find this much out."
"Ehehe. You praise me a bit too much."
"Well, the Western Holy Church is Demon Lord Luminous Valentine's domain. I guess that explains it."
"Yes it does, Rimuru-san. It confirms my theory."
"So, Yuuki, let's play chess."
"Chess?"
"Yep. Which one do you want to play? The classic, battlefield or the warship?"
"Woah, woah, woah. There are more types of chess? I only the classic ones."
"Well, I was summoned after you. The battlefield was developed in 2035, while the warship was developed in 2042. They are more like evolution of chess. Anyway, let's play."

They start to play. It was an interesting match. The main spotlight being that this was very well Yuuki's first match in years. This is because there is no chess in this world, so he wouldn't have much chance to play either.

The match went pretty much evenly until Yuuki managed to trade Rimuru's queen for a rook and a bishop. Points wise, he had an upper hand, but Rimuru wouldn't lose either. After that they continued to play. Rimuru didn't use Raphael. With her, Rimuru would pretty much win in an instant. So he decided against it. In the end, the match went to a draw with Rimuru having a knight left while Yuuki had no other pieces than the king. Ranking wise, he would have about 2500-2600. He has a lot of potential to grow. His mind is different from the common people. He is a genius.

Rimuru's POV

"By the way, are you still making deals with Leon?"
Yuuki's eyes go wide. Did he think I wouldn't know? As soon as I got hold on the Western council, it was obvious that I would trace back the summoning rituals. After all, they are like Wild Cards. I don't need any wild cards that could potentially harm me.

"How? How did you know?"
"No need to know. You are not giving me all the information, why should I tell you? Anyway, tell Leon that there is no point in summoning anymore."
"What do you mean?"
"He is looking for a nearly 4 year old with black hair right? Tell him that it is highly possible that i have her with me. Give him the name Chloe Albert."

I stand up and was about to leave. "Oh right. Tell him that I can bring Chloe with me so he should send me an invitation. "

Now that Shizue has much better control of her spirit, she will be able to fight against Leon. Winning will be difficult, but ahe will give a good fight. Her EP should be just about reaching the million mark. She is now as strong Benimaru.

"Alright?"
"H-hai."

I then teleport back to my country.
'Shizue, where are you?'
'Ah. Rimuru-san, I am training with Valora-chan right now.'
'I see. I am coming there.'
'Eh? Why? Did I do something?'
'No. No. I will tell you once I get there.'

I then go to the labyrinth and go to the 100th floor. What the hell? Is this Veldora's room? Where is all the mess I expected? How are all his mangas in place? Just as i was thinking that, Valora and Shizue came up behind me.

"Is this really Veldora's room?"
"Hai. Father was keeping this room a bit messy, so I gave him a lesson and opened his eyes." Valora said with a smile.
What is this? Women are scary. Hinata, Shuna and now Valora. What the hell? How can they be so scary? Their smile is scary.

"I-I see. Where is he now?"
"Father is busy training Zegion right now."
"I see. Let's talk somewhere else shall we?"

We then go out of the labyrinth and take a look around the city.
"This city sure has grown." I say.
"Haha. You are the ruler of this country and you yourself don't know how much your city has grown." Shizue says.
"I know about how much it has grown. But it was all on paper. I never saw it with my own eyes."
"Alright, Rimuru-san. I was just teasing you."
"Hmph."

We continue to take a walk around. Many people wished me a good morning and quite a few of the children flocked around me. These children are harder to face than any foe ever. I can't just straight up tell them I am busy or else they will start crying. So I was forced to play with these kids. Meanwhile Shizue and Valora just looked at me, all smiles. I quickly grab them by their hands and pull them in and the children start playing with them. We continue to play around until it was nearly evening and the children finally dispersed. Just how much stamina do children even have? I don't get tired, but Shizue looks quite tired.

We then finally reach the castle. Just as I enter, Diablo appears beside me.
"How may i help you Rimuru-sama?"
"Make some tea for the three of us."
"Understood."

The three of us then proceed to my room. Diablo pours us three tea and then stands beside me. I am sitting on my chair with my hands on the desk. Meanwhile Valotlra and Shizue sit on the couch facing each other.

"Alright. The reason I asked you to come is simple, Shizue, we might go to visit Leon soon. Do you want to come?"
Hearing Leon's name, her mood dropped quickly.
"Rimuru-san, you know how strong he is. Do you think I stand any chance against him?"
"To tell you the truth, it will be close. But 99 out of 100 chances you will lose."
"Those odds are pretty bad aren't they?"
Better than a gacha.
"I guess. Do you want to come. Who knows, maybe fighting him might just awaken something inside you."

By awaken, I mean her Hero's Egg. She has received a hero's egg when she was training in the labyrinth. Now that the spirit is in harmony with her, I guess she has become stronger. Also, now she has no regrets as the children are fine. Though, I doubt that she knows that.

"Very well. I will take your offer than Rimuru-san. Thank you for offering this chance to me." She said bowing to me.
"No need to bow. Anyway, Valora, you want to come as well? Must be boring training in the labyrinth and all."
"Very well, then I will take your offer, Rimuru-sama."
"Oh right, Shizue, how is the spirit I gave you?"
"We are doing great. We are now able to completely fuse together as well."
"I see. That is great. So, why don't you name her?"
"Name my spirit?"
"Yep. That should make you stronger, which in turn will make you stronger."
"But isn't it dangerous?"
"Don't worry about that. Just give her a name. I will control the mana flow."
"Alright." As soon as she says that, her flame spirit materializes in front of me.
"Your name is Agni."
As soon as she says that, magicules leave her body. Me, I mean, Raphael controls the flow of magicules and cuts it off at the perfect timing, so that it doesn't have any repercussions and at the same time, helps the spirit, now Agni, grow the most. Agni evolves into a spirit lord. With thos, Shizue has crossed the 1 million EP mark. She is most probably as strong as Diablo. Diablo will still win, mostly because of his experience.

"Anyways, it is getting late. You should go to sleep, Shizue. Get used to her powers. If you want to defeat Leon, you need to be at your best."
"Hai, Rimuru-san."
Both Valora and Shizue leave. I guess I will have to decide whether to go to Ruberios first, or El Dorado.

---------------------

That's it. I hope you guys enjoy. Like and follow. From Monday onwards, daily updates. Yay.