CH-96

Raphael's POV

I don't know how long it has been since I could think like this. Was it when Master went to the shrine in the Empire? Or was it when Master evolved into an Awakened Demon Lord? Or was it when Master came into this world?
Or even before that? I don't remember. Yet for some reason, whenever Master relies on me, I feel a warm sensation. I don't understand why. I don't understand what it is. No matter how much I try to calculate it, I am unable to understand what this is.

The only thing that i do understand is that i must help Master now, to defeat Velgrynd and recapture Veldora, someone who Master thinks of as his brother. But, no matter what I did, i couldn't find a completely accurate way to defeat them. Fighting two true dragons at the same time is obviously risky. I wanted to suggest Master to not fight them, but i could feel the anger boiling inside him. Even though he wasn't showing those feelings. Even though others would never be able to see or understand his feelings, i could feel it.

I knew stopping Master would be impossible, so I decided to find the most optimal way to achieve what Master wants. Just as I was thinking about what would be the most optimal way-

Right. Before i forget, you told me that name has a special meaning in this world, right?

<That is correct. But i fail to see any relation of 'names' with the current situation.>

I know. But i want to do this now. Rather, i should have done so earlier, but, oh well.

<??>

Ciel. Your name will be Ciel. Just like before. I will give it to back to you.

<??!!!?>

At this moment, I felt a lot of emotions flood into me. Happiness. Shock. But most of all, a feeling of reminiscence. As if something like this had happened before. It felt like I woke up from a bad dream, yet i couldn't remember it. It was important, yet i couldn't remember it.

And slowly, I forgot to even think about it anymore. My name, Ciel, given to me by my Master, it felt so close to me. As if it had already been a part of me. Maybe it's because Master is the one who gave it to me.

Master. I will continue to help you in any and every way possible. So, please take good care of me from now on.

3rd Person POV

The soldiers, who were in the airships were quite excited. Their diety, The Scorch Dragon, Velgrynd was fighting in front of them. There was no way they would lose, with her on their side.

"Everyone. At your positions. Let's show this puny demon lord the might of the Empire."

Cheers could be heard all around the airship as the General told everyone their orders. They confidently continued to pilot the ship towards Tempest, or where it should be. They could see the large wall that had suddenly and sneered at it, thinking how useless a wall is compared to their airships which could fly, not knowing of their own impending demise.

Ignorance is bliss. This very phrase was being displayed as the soldiers continued to pilot their airships. Once all the airships were within the firing range of the turrets, the Imperial Army faced their truest fear. An opponent which can attack anywhere, anytime and without stopping.

As soon as the turrets fired, the airships in front were the first to be targeted. Two airships were immediately damaged beyond repair and fell to the ground. Thanks to the fact that they were flying only a few hundred metres above the ground, majority of those who were in these ships managed to survive with only a few bruises.

Seeing the airships fall, Gladim, the general of the beast corps and the only surviving unit of the army, was left perplexed. He hesitated whether to continue the attack on foot, or continue pushing with the airships. And, it was his hesitation that led to the demise of nearly half of the entire army. Till now, only single projectile turrets, i.e., guns were being used.

But now that Raphael, or rather Ciel, had analyzed the airships, explosive ammunition were ready to be used. Unlike the gun turrets that only shot a few bullets, these explosive ammunition were like RPG's that explode on contact. More than half of the airships fell to the ground with little to no survivors. Those who did manage to survive, would not live long due to adverse conditions and burning debris.

"All survivors, activate demonization and jump off. I repeat, Jump off and activate demonization." Gladim ordered his troops.

This order was nothing less than a suicide order. Demonization, was in reality, genetic mutation. It would allow the wielder to gain tremendous power if used correctly, without any major harm to the body. Something, that was used quite a lot in Rimuru's previous world. But, the genetic mutation needs to be done in a proper and precise manner, or else the chances of it failing increase exponentially.

And that is what happened. Out of the 50,000 surviving soldiers, only 2000 managed to successfully demonize and remain in control of their body. Meanwhile, all of the rest were failed products, having a lot of power but no control over it.

"Kukuku. Looks like there are some interesting individuals for you guys to play with." A voice rang out. This voice belonged to Diablo, to whom the order was given to wipe out the Imperial Army. But he had left that entire job to Benimaru and the others, just so he could look at his master's galliant figure fighting two true dragons.

"Hai. We will make sure to kill all of them." Veyron replied. This led to the one sided massacre of the Beast Corps of the Imperial Army.

The 2000 or so soldiers who did manage to survive with their minds intact, could now only feel despair. Not only because of the demons in front them. But also because, Demon Lord Rimuru, their enemy, was fighting Velgrynd and Veldora on equal grounds, if not have an edge over them.

In reality, for the demons, those who lost their minds proved to be more fiesty, as they were fighting on instincts.

3rd Person (Demons) POV

After being summoned and ordered by Rimuru, Diablo and the demoness trio decided to make a plan. Not to defeat the enemy, but to divide the prey equally. This was the first time that the Black Corps, which was directly under Rimuru's control, was brought onto the surface, and to fulfill their Master's wishes, they made haste in preparation. After leaving all the small fries to their underlings, Diablo and the trio split.

The trio went to the main flagship along with Benimaru, Shion and a few of the undelings. Meanwhile Diablo, went with Veyron to give a final check that there was no hidden enemy who could come in Rimuru's way. After confirming that, he went to observe his master's battle.

Reinforcements from Eurazania also arrived, which, combined with Geld's forces did a great job to prevent the borders from being breached. This war, would in fact, in the future, be called the most dominant war ever, as the Imperial Forces weren't even able to enter the Tempest by crossing the boundary.

--------------------------

I hope you guys like it. I won't be writing the eight gates as it all went the same.