CH-145

3rd Person POV

Rimuru's brother, Lucas, knew he had an advantage in a one on one duel. To push home the advantage, he dashed straight at Rimuru. Using jet boosters attached to his legs, he was able to navigate and make his way through the gravity-less terrain.

While closing the distance, he shot his gun towards Rimuru, which Rimuru deftly dodged. Rimuru, who had been cornering his brother using his spaceship, was now the one being cornered.

Rimuru could only be on the defensive. Dodging Lucas's shot and blocking his sword. Lucas continued to get closer and closer, slowly, but steadily. Rimuru also realised this, but there was nothing he could do. His sword was not powered up. The small bullets from Lucas would never be able to charge up his sword, so it was completely useless to even try to devour them.

Rimuru could only do one thing. And that was wait for his brother to close in the distance. As soon as he was close enough,

*Bam*

Rimuru shot his gun, aimed straight at his heart. Rimuru had kept his gun hidden, taking it out only when he was completely sure to catch Lucas by surprise. The bullet he shot was known for its piercing power. It could even pierce through entire spaceships, yet it only caused the soul armour of Lucas to crack and disintegrate. It would recover in a day's time. That just goes to show how strong and overpowered soul weapons are. If that isn't enough, even after being shattered, it can still protect the owner from one fatal wound. In return, it will completely break and never be repaired.

Lucas, surprised, tried to create some distance between himself by pointing his thrusters at Rimuru. But Rimuru wasn't going to let this change slip by so easily.

Rimuru continued to chase Lucas down. Lucas now, just like Rimuru, had no protection. Obviously, his soul armour can still block one fatal attack at the cost of itself, but that is something Lucas would rather avoid.

*Clang**clang*

As their swords continue to collide, the sound of metal clashing is the only sound that could be heard. No. That's not true. There was one more sound. If one focused their all in listening, they might just be able to hear it. The metallic churning. The sound of a machine starting up. But everyone was much too focused on the battle in front of them to pay attention to that sound.

Just as Rimuru and Lucas were about to clash, a large sound echoed throughout the battlefield. Everyone turned to look at the source of the noise, Krishna. Its engine was working at full power, its hyperspace boosters were also activated.

*Stab*

Rimuru, not waiting for Lucas to recollect himself, stabbed him straight through his heart. As Rimuru retracted his sword, no wound was left on Lucas.

Lucas quickly turned around, ready to defend any attack he might be faced with.

*Stab*

Lucas could only stare wide-eyed at what had happened. Rimuru had managed to outsmart him yet again. His sword was piercing him from his back. His arms, going around Lucas had stabbed him from the back to stop him from defending, and in the process, the sword was stabbing through his own body as well.

*Cough*

As Lucas coughed out blood, he finally realised what was happening.

"You...*cough*.... Are an idiot. *Cough* you'll die with.... Me." Lucas forced his voice out.

"That's right."

"YOU'RE GOING TO LEAVE THE EMPIRE IN HER HANDS?" Lucas yelled, disregarding the pain he felt or the blood he coughed out.

"Nope. She isn't suited for the throne. But someone else is." Rimuru said, talking about his sister.

Lucas's eyes went wide with realisation. There was one more child in their family. One, who was often overlooked as the youngest and most frail amongst them.

"He is the same as you. He has this charisma that attracts everyone towards him." Rimuru said as he retracted his sword.

This time, the wound didn't heal. Lucas was going to die. There existed no elixir that could save his life, at least not in this world.

Even though the wound Rimuru had wasn't fatal, he wouldn't be surviving. He looked towards the ship closest to him. The guns aimed straight at him.

Rimuru could see the world move in slow motion. His world slowed down. He could see everything move in slow motion. Even though he could see his life flashing before him, he looked around to the spot where Krishna was. Krishna had already escaped via hyperspace.

"I see........... I'm glad......... I am...... Satisfied." Rimuru mumbled.

Meanwhile, on the ship.

"HOW CAN I ACCEPT THIS?! THIS IS NOT SATISFACTORY AT ALL." Ciel screamed at the top of her lungs, disregarding what the other people might think of her.

Suddenly, as if complying with what Ciel said, the space begin to crack and distort. Cracks appeared in seemingly void space. The cracks grew bigger and bigger as parts of begin to fall off. The entire fabric of the universe itself was being torn off.

Pieces of space fall off, leaving a bright white light in their place. As more and more pieces fell, the dark void was replaced by light. Light so bright, that it was impossible to see anything.

Rimuru's POV

Slowly, as the world fell apart, I realised what had happened. I can't believe I couldn't realise what had happened earlier. I wonder if it was because of Ivarage's attack or not, but one thing I do know that I am about to return to the world where I belong. Along with Ciel. That was the last thing I thought before the blinding light enveloped me.

3rd Person POV

As Rimuru opened his eyes, he realised he was exactly where he was before being devoured by Ivarage's darkness. As he looked around, everyone was where they should have been. There were only two is things. First the look that everyone had when they saw him. It was a look of shock and sorrow.

The other thing was the unknown person who was standing alongside Chloe. The man was none other than Veldanava.

"S-Satoru?" A weak voice called out to him. Hearing this voice made him cry out tears of joy. No. It wasn't the voice itself, but what that voice has just said. He had been hearing this voice for a long time. After the skill «Wisdom» evolved to Raphael, he could hear this voice always. Once it evolved to Ciel, it became even more fluent and humanlike. Yet, it could not speak with the same tone as her. That same softness.

"Welcome back, Ciel." Rimuru said as he turned around with a beaming smile, yet his eyes were completely teary. Rimuru fought desperately against his urge to cry and hug Ciel. Luckily for him, he didn't have to hold in that desire for too long.

"I am back, Satoru." Ciel said as she  hugged Rimuru. She didn't care about what the others see. She had already cut off Yuuki's broadcast. Nobody could see anything after Rimuru killed Ivarage and his sword pierced through the two together.

Ciel rested her head against Rimuru's chest as she let out her tears. Rimuru slowly caressed her hair waiting for her to calm down.

*Tap**tap**tap*

Veldanava came closer to the duo. Rimuru just looked straight at him, ready to defend in case he did anything.

"Sorry to break it to you, but you don't have long left Rimuru." Veldanava said.

-----------------------------

So? How was it?

Also, I have good news and bad news for you guys.

Bad news is that the next chapter will most probably be the last one of this book.

Good news is that I will continue this story in the next book. So look forward to it.