CH-76

Rimuru's POV

As I looked through the monitor, a sniper shot at Testarossa. I guess this is the beginning. The squad under Gobta were moving around the tanks. Being swift has it's own advantages. But the tanks started aiming. Based on the angle and direction it-

<Notice. It is highly likely that they know the position of the squad.>

Just as I guessed.

"It seems that they know our position."
"That was a possibility. Gobta's force is the sole group comprising the advance squad."

As I was looking on, a lot of shells were fired.
'Gobta, in shadow.' Benimaru ordered.
Following his order, Gobta and his squad went inside the shadow.

Just then all the shells landed and exploded. For some reason, the shell fired from the main tank appeared to be different.

And to prove my point, when it exploded, a large explosion took place. Unlike the others, it was nuclear in nature. To think they have nuclear weapons. I am surprised this world isn't destroyed yet. Maybe they cannot use it too much. But it is better to think they can fire it at a consistent rate.

"So? What are you going to do now, 'General'?"
"Hai. Gabiru and his Hiryuu should be arriving at the battlefield. They will act as the diversion as Gobta and his squad run in between and destroy the tanks."
"I see."

Everything happened exactly as Benimaru had envisioned. Gabiru and his squad was acting as diversion. Meanwhile Gobta and his squad had managed to infiltrate into the opponent's ranks. It was at this moment that Ramiris and Veldora came.

"You're late."
"I know. So let me enjoy." Veldora said as he sat beside me.
It is rude to think of this as an enjoyment, you know.
"Ramiris, could you get the city in the labyrinth."
"Consider it done."

As soon as she said that, the entire city went inside the labyrinth. To its 101st floor to be exact.

Ramiris then started exclaiming about how good she was and so on, so I paid no attention to her.

I looked at the screen. A few tanks had been destroyed.
"Looks like the flare bombs are working as expected, isn't it, Charys?" I ask or rather state.
"Hai."

These flare bombs are just like dynamite. In a closed space it is highly dangerous. Throwing one inside the tank's muzzle and exploding it was enough to destroy it.

But what I saw next was surprising. To limit Gobta and his squad from moving, all the tanks literally joined with each other. Meanwhile the left wing started firing. Looks like they don't care about friendly fore anymore.

3rd Person POV

Gastar had finally regained his calm. He then ordered machine guns to be fired. The numerical advantage was enough to keep both Gobta's and Gabiru's squad at bay. If this wasn't enough of a problem, it was at this moment that the The Flying Combat Corps, led by General Faraga also came in.

'Sorry to keep you waiting, Lieutenant Gastar.'
'Took you long enough. Let's crush them.'
'Understood. Let's use our trump card, the Magic Cancellors.'
'Very well.'

They communicated via a secret channel.

Meanwhile, things looked bleak for Tempest. Seeing how the situation had changed, Gobta decided to retreat. From the get go, Gobta had a single thing drilled into him, if retreating doesn't hurt the people of Tempest, don't hesitate to retreat in times of danger.

'Gobta, retreat.' Benimaru said.
'No need to tell me Benimaru-san.'

Just as they were about to use Shadow Motion, Ranga informed Gobta about the unfortunate truth.

"It appears that they have casted some sort of large scale magic disruption. We cannot use Shadow Movement."
"Everyone scatter and run into the forest." Gobta screamed.

Gobta had become quite an able leader. Yet, his order came a bit too late. Just as they were retreating, nearly 200 tanks fired at them. It was certain death for them, yet everyone managed to survive. Suddenly, a gust of wind blew and changed the trajectory of the shells, allowing Gobta's squad to avoid death by a hair's margin. Many were injured, but no one died. To Gobta, this has been the greatest miracle of his life.

Yet, it was no God's miracle that allowed him to survive. No ordinary wind can change the trajectory of things moving at speeds higher than the speed of Sound.

"Oi. Rimuru, isn't that?..." Veldora asked.
"Yep. That's Valora. I told her to stand by in case of an emergency."

Seeing that they had survived, Gastar decided to fire the special ammunition. He only had one round of it left, but he decided to use it. Gobta's squad managed to dodge the initial impact and survive, yet with their escape route burning, they were surrounded.

Meanwhile...

Gabiru and his squad were facing another major problem. The Imperial Flying Corps were a tough opponent to beat. Using special Magic Cancellors, it made it difficult for monsters to use their powers at full power.

General Faraga, wanted to make a name for himself. A name big enough that everyone would do his bidding. To do so, defeating Veldora would be the quickest way. And so, he decided to fight against Gabiru's squad, thinking them as fodder for testing their new weapons.

He then used his magic amplified cannons to shoot at the Hiryuu. Many people form both Gobta's and Gabiru's squad suffered damage.

Seeing this Rimuru's facial expression changed.
"Looks like this will not do, will it?"
"Abou-" Benimaru tried to answer him, but was interrupted.
"I guess it's time we move to the next stage."
"But we still don't have a lot of data on their weapons."
"So? They don't have any data on us, either. Listen Benimaru. In a war, the situation can and will change at the drop of a hat. And, most of the times, the side which can cope with the change quicker and better is the side that wins. Now that we are unable to damage them like this, there is no need to restrain ourselves."
"I see. If you say so, Rimuru-sama."

Rimuru then looks at Benimaru and smiles.

"Also, I feel something is wrong with thos entire mission from the Empire's side."
"Huh?"
"Veldora? You fought against the Empire few centuries ago, didn't you?"
"I did. Why do you ask?"
"Then they should know just how strong Veldora is. Sending a million soldiers is just straight up suicide for them. Even these weapons would not be able to land a mark on Veldora."
"Kwahahaha. That is correct Rimuru. Those toys are nothing in front 9f my greatness."

"Exactly. I have no clue what they want to do but this entire mission is flawed from the beginning. I also don't think they forgot just how devastating the battle with Veldora was. Atleast the Emperor wouldn't have forgotten it."

"Then, what could be their aim?"
"Who knows? Anyway, connect me to the soldiers. It's time that the battlefield shifts to our side."
"Hai."

'Everyone. No need to hold back. Crush them with everything you've got. Show them the might of Tempest.'

As soon as Rimuru said this, the state of the battlefield changed. For every monster, this order was something akin to an order of God. Their leader, Rimuru had finally ordered them to defeat their enemies without holding back.

These few words were enough to turn the entire tide of the battlefield.

--------------------

I hope you guys like it.