CH-138

Chloe's POV

Sensei jumps backwards and dodges Ivarage's attack. The chains can change their lengths. Atleast that's what I believe.

Sensei utilised the space that had been created by Ivarage to swing his tail by closing the gap. He moves towards Ivarage, but sensei was still being cautious. He could have gone much faster, even without magic, but it seems he is holding himself back.

Ivarage shot multiple dark coloured balls of energy at Sensei. Sensei dodged each of the balls by a hair's breadth. If sensei was even a little off with his footing, he would have been hit. It was not only once that he dodged like that. No. He dodged all of them like that. It was as if sensei was dancing with death.

"If I really envy Rimuru about something, it has to be this." Guy-san spoke up.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Can't you see how Rimuru is just barely dodging every attack? It's not something that just talent, reflexes and luck can get you through. Those are important, but without experience, they are all useless."

"But doesn't Guy-san have a lot of experience as well?"
"Haha. Seems like you didn't get it. Obviously I have a lot of experience fighting opponents weaker than me. I might consider a few to be on my level. But that's not the experience I am talking about. I am talking about the experience of fighting someone stronger than you. And not just once or twice, but your entire life. Putting your life on the line and raising yourself beyond your limits.

I was born strong. But excluding the exceptions of Veldanava and Ivarage, there is hardly anyone whom I could go all out against. I've never had to fight like my life depended on it. Obviously, that's a perk of being strong, but also a disadvantage. Rimuru is different from most of us, who were born strong. Born at the top of the food chain. Rimuru was born weak. He moved his way up the food chain. He struggled and climbed up to this position. From being a mere random dragon and evolving into a True Dragon, he has fought many fights. Not only in this world, but also in his previous one. He earned his spot, he wasn't born with it."

Everyone just started quietly at Sensei. What Guy-san says was right. Even I got my power from Chronoa. I won't deny that I worked hard for my power, but it is nothing compared to what Sensei had to face, especially in his previous life.

I continue to look as Sensei slowly closes the distance between himself and Ivarage, taking the phrase 'one step at a time' ,a bit too seriously. I don't have any clue what Sensei intends to by closing the gap, but I am sure that sensei has a plan.

Ivarage, noticing that sensei is slowly closing the gap between them, mobeen away from sensei. I am sure sensei would be quite frustrated. If Ivarage keeps avoiding Sensei, them it would be very difficult for Sensei to safely close the distance

I look at Sensei but he was smiling.

Huh?

*Slam* *crack*

As I heard the noise of something being squashed, Ivarage roared loudly. I turn towards Ivarage and see a large black claw coming out of the ground. It didn't appear solid. It was as if it was a Mann on Sensei's aura. It held Ivarage's rear left leg in its jaws. It pierced not only through its flesh but also his bone. Ivarage tried to free itself by moving backwards, but it backfired. Not only did the claw not pry open, but its tail, which he was moving uncontrollably set off another trap, catching is tail.

This causes Ivarage to fall onto his right side. Ivarage's momentum was so great, that his entire leg was torn off. Even after the leg tore off, the claw didn't open. Ivarage tried to get up, but without healing his leg, he was unable to balance himself.

*Slash*

A bright flash shone across the land as Sensei chopped off Ivarage's tail and absorbed it. Ivarage, now free, quickly healed himself and created some distance between itself and Sensei.

Why did sensei cut off his tail and not attack his head or body?

'Well, that's majorly because he is unable to increase his magicules. The rate of absorbtion of magicules has increased so much, that even his generator cannot keep up. So, by chopping and absorbing Ivarage's tail, Rimuru-san is increasing his magicules.'

I see. But, if even Sensei can't produce enough magicules, just how much magicules is it consuming?

'Don't misunderstand Chloe. Rimuru-San is producing a lot of magicules. It's just that even more than that is being consumed. If you were to step in, you would lose all of your magicules in a matter of seconds.'

I see. But if this goes on, wouldn't sensei be at a disadvantage as the absorbtion rate increases?

'He will. This is a battle of endurance. Whoever loses so of his magicules first will die.'

"Looks like Rimuru didn't waste the time we were practicing to control this box." Feldway spoke up.
"Yep. If he has set up a lot of traps, then his chances of winning might not be zero." Guy-san agreed.

I had nothing to contribute to this conversation. I believe that Sensei will win. Without a doubt.

Sensei makes his way towards Ivarage. He also absorbs the torn leg of Ivarage and made his way towards him.

Ivarage, as if to stop Sensei, attacked him with thousands of small magical attacks. Sensei dodged all of the attacks by running around inside the barrier.

Why is sensei not absorbing the attacks? Wouldn't that be much easier?

'True. That might be one way to deal with it. But I believe Rimuru-san is doing something else as well, along with dodging Ivarage's attacks. Look closely.'

When Chronoa says that, I pay closer attention to Sensei. There was nothing out of place. Sensei weapons were the same, his soul armour as well. He was sweating a lot, so I guess it must be pretty stuffy inside the Armor.

Wait. Sweating? Why is Sensei sweating? Isn't he a spiritual lifeform?

'That's correct. That is most probably not sweat. It's something else. Rather, it isn't even a drop of any liquid.'

Eh? What do you mean?

'I don't know what that thing is, but it is everywhere inside the barrier. And I assume that is what Rimuru-san was aiming for.'

As Sensei continues to dodge and move around, more and more of the fluid falls onto the surface. Suddenly sensei stopped and looked straight at Ivarage. Ivarage also stopped, as if it instinctively understood that sensei was about to do something. It increased its guard against Sensei. But that was the wrong thing to do. After all, it wasn't Sensei whom he should be wary of, but the monster that had formed behind him.

----------------------

I hope you guys like it.