CH-88

3rd Person POV

Calgurio wakes up to a warm feeling surrounding him. As he wakes up, he sees a beautiful person in front of him. He continues to look as this person places his hands over Krishna and does something. As Rimuru continues to do something, Calgurio's mind is in a haze. He is unable to remember everything properly. He remembers that he had an important mission, yet what it was and why he was here was not clicking to him.

Calgurio kept staring at Rimuru as he continued do something with magic. Slowly, Krishna woke up, confused just like Calgurio. They looked around to see nearly 100 soldiers laying beside them. They were all pretty strong and held quite a high position in the army. After Rimuru had done what he was doing, he returned back to Calgurio.

He waved his hands at him and proceeded to speak, "How are you? If I am not wrong, you are Calgurio, the Commander General of the Imperial Army, right?"

"Ah! Yes. That's right. That's me. But who are you? And, aren't we supposed to be dead? I am sure that monster Diablo killed us all." Calgurio replied, a bit stunned to be asked to speak suddenly.

"Yep. That's right. It's good to see that your memory is back. But it might take some while for you to completely settle down, so you all should rest a bit. As for who I am, I am the Demon Lord Rimuru, the one whom you were trying to kill."

After saying this, Rimuru left the place, leaving all the Imperial Soldiers alone to ponder what their fate is supposed to be.

Rimurus POV

As I go towards my room, I call for Diablo.

"Diablo."
"Yes, my lord?" He says as he teleports beside me.
"Don't treat them too badly, and after some time, start spreading rumors that they will be set free."
"Understood, my lord. But, if I may, why go through all this trouble?"
"Ah! Are you talking about reviving them?" To this, Diablo nods in affirmative.
"It's simple. We can't defeat the Empire."
"Huh?"
"It is exactly what I am saying. The Empire is too strong. If we are to invade, we will have to deploy everyone, leaving Tempest undefended. The Empire had been around for nearly 2000 years. Surely there would be awakened heroes on the level of Jiwu and Bernie. If that isn't enough, The Scorch Dragon and the The True Hero Rudra would be too much to fight against. The Empire is too large as well. There is no way we will be able to get a swift and decisive victory."

"I understand that, my lord. But what does reviving them have anything to do with this?"

"It's simple Diablo. Humans are fragile creatures. I am sure you know that as well. If those close to them are safe, they wouldn't mind betraying the others. So, think what would happen, if all the soldiers who went to war and lost, came alive and well."

"I see. There would be chaos. The populace would be against continuing the war."
"Exactly. If they are treated well, they will easily defect to our side. And, with civil unrest in the Empire, it will make our job easier."
"I see. I will make sure they are treated nicely."
"Good."

Now, the only thing left is to establish a meeting with the Empire. If I go first, it would mean that I am the one who wants peace, hence it would give them an upper hand in the negotiations, so I better wait for them to take the initiative. I am sure they won't stay silent after losing a million of their soldiers.

Well, before all that, I guess they deserve a reward for all their hard work.

The Next Day...

I stand in front of a large crowd on a large stage. Today, every single of my citizen was standing in front of me. The reason? The Rewarding Ceremony. All my executives were standing in the front, with other civilians behind them at a distance.

"Everyone. Good job. In this war, each and every had a very important contribution. The Empire's army has been successfully neutralized, yet this does not mean that the war is over. Rather, this is only the beginning. As such, enjoy this freedom while you still can. Once we defeat the Empire completely, can we stay peacefully. So I hope you all will continue to support me."

As soon as I finished, the crowd started cheering loudly. I have to say, these 'monsters' are really much humane than most humans ever are.

As the cheering continues, i lift my hand to silence the crowd. Once the crowd calms down, I continue to speak.

"In this war, there were some key individuals who played a very important role. As such, I will reward them for their hard work. Firstly, the three generals of the army, Gabiru, Geld and Gobta. Come up on the stage."

Those three then walked onto the stage and kneeled in front of me.

"All three of you did a spectacular job to lead your armies to victory. As such, I will reward all three of you. Geld and Gabil, as you both are strong enough, I will evolve you into a true demon lord."

Hearing this, loud gasps could be heard everywhere.

"I am thankful for this opportunity, Rimuru-sama. I will continue to live up to your expectations." Gabil exclaimed.
"But, Rimuru-sama. I don't deserve such a reward. Rather, it should be Carrera-"
"Shh." I shush Geld down before he finished his sentence. Looks like he has still not gotten over the time when he served his father.

"Geld, you did a marvelous job. Of course Carrera did as well. So, she will get her own reward. You don't need to worry about that. So, embrace this power and become stronger and continue to serve me."
"Hai."

"As for you Gobta, here." I say, as I take my old sword and give it to Gobta. Kurobee had just finished making my new sword. It was made out of my own scale, and felt a part of me, literally. Now that I had no need fory old sword, it would have been too much of a waste to leave it as it is, so I guess I should give it to him.
"Thank you Rimuru-sama." Gobta said, not sounding very convinced.
'Dont worry. After the war is over, i will tell Hakurou to not train you for a month.' I tell him through thought communication.
'Really?'
'Yep.'
'Yay.'

Sounds like he is happy.

As soon as I give all three their reward, Gobta happily walks down. Meanwhile, bot Geld and Gabiru enter their evolutionary sleep, so their subordinates help take them down.

I then proceed to give most of the key individuals their rewards. The only one whom I didn't reward were the demoness trio. The reason was simple, to keep their identities a secret. In the entire war, everyone who had seen them in action is dead, so their identities can be kept hidden. I am not so sure about Carrera, but about the other two, I would rather they stay hidden as my trump cards.

-----------------------

I did not write about the rewards as they are completely the same. Only difference being the demoness trio. And they do get their title as lords. I hope you guys like it.