CH-111

Present day...

Rimuru's POV

After Testarossa states all of the demands, I look at the Empire side. Masayuki was just sitting there without any knowledge of what was going on. I am damn sure that he is just thinking how he got caught up in this mess.

"Sure. We accept all your terms." Velgrynd said without even confirming it with the other officials.

"Bu-but Velgrynd-sama-" Mintz tried to interject, but was shot down by Velgrynd.

"But what? We have already lost. We have no other choice but to accept this treaty."

"That..."

Mintz also understood the situation. But, what I am more surprised about is Velgrynd. Someone as strong as her, also knows the rules for the lost, and also follows it, unlike her little brother.

"Well then, now that this matter is settled, let's begin with the tripartite peace negotiations between Tempest, Dwargon and the Empire." Testarossa continued.

"Sorry to interrupt, but there is something important that I need to ask." Gazel spoke up.

"What is it, King Gazel?" Testarossa asked.

"It is something that I want to ask the Empire. Now that the Emperor is dead, who is going to rule the Empire?"

"Naturally, it will be Masayuki." Velgrynd said without any hesitation. This seemed to make Masayuki cower more in embarrassment.

"Hoh? The Hero Masayuki. I have surely heard a lot about you. You might be a great hero, but do you have what it takes to become a good King, much less an Emperor?" Gazel said as he released his aura.

Even though his aura could easily be countered by Velgrynd, she didn't do anything. Maybe because she understood that it was only meant to gauge Masayuki and not harm him.

Masayuki, being a natural airhead, didn't even understand what was going on.

"Eh? I guess? I am not sure." Masayuki mumbled. Even though he mumbled, Gazel was able to catch up on to it and hear it.

"So you think you have what it takes to be a ruler? Then what is your ideology?"

"Ideology?" Masayuki asked.

"That's right. The former Emperor had the ideology of 'Might speak Right' , while Rimuru here had the ideology of 'Self before Society' or his nation before the world."

Well he isn't wrong. I certainly place my nation before the world. That's how every King ought to be. Those who care about the whole world are either plane stupids or real heroes.

"Um... Then... Maybe something like where.... Everyone stays happy together?"

As Masayuki finished his statement, the entire room feel silent. I could feel certain emotions rise up from within me, until it finally became to much to control

"Hahahaha." I busy out laughing. This is definitely not how a king should be. An idealist like him will never be able to rule properly. After all, even I was once like him, till the time I was reminded of how brutal humans are. But for some reason, I feel like if anyone can do it, it had to be him.

"Sorry sorry." I apologise.

"But that was just too much."

Upon hearing this, Masayuki just feels more embarrassed.

"You know, that outlook of yours is quite naïve."

"But-" Masayuki tried to say something.

"But, if anyone can make it come true, it might just be you, with your skills and Velgrynd. Tempest fully supports Masayuki to be the new ruler of the Empire."

"*Sigh* I never really understand what is going on in your head. But if you trust him, then I will trust him as well. Dwargon will also support the coronation of Hero Masayuki as the new ruler of the Empire."

With this, majority of the things have been decided. If only the meeting in the Western Nations were this quick.

"Wait. What about the royal family? They will not support this, will they?" I ask. If that's the case, then we would have to invest even more manpower and resources into the Empire.

"You don't need to worry about that." Velgrynd said.

"Why?"

"Because, whoever I proclaim to be the ruler, the reincarnation of Masayuki, is the one who becomes the ruler."

"That's right. Even our constitution says so." Mintz confirmed.

Wait. The Empire had a constitution? What the hell was it used for if it was just dictatorship?

"Well that makes things easier. But that doesn't mean there will be no resistance. I will send Testarossa and Moss work you to help. Try not to kill those who oppose you, there is already very little manpower in the Empire. Oh right. I will release all the soldiers held captive. They should presumably reduce the resistance as their families will not be that agitated.

After that, the meeting didn't take that long. Most of the things were decided quite quickly and we were able to finish the meeting by the evening. After eating a mouth-watering dinner, all courtesy to Shuna, everyone returned back to their countries.

Along with Masayuki, I also sent Mintz and Krishna back. They will help to stabilize the Empire. I decided against sending Calgurio back as I would need him to keep the army under check.

With most things decided, the meeting came to a fruitful end with a large buffet type dinner, which everyone seemed to enjoy.

The next day...
Testarossa's POV

I am currently on my way to the Empire along with the 'Emperor' Masayuki and true dragon Velgrynd. I have already sent Moss ahead of time to gather some information. From what he told me, all the people have no doubt that the Empire would win. The amount of trust in the Emperor is truly phenomenal. But now, this would be to break to the people that their army had lost, and now they are forced to sign an unreasonable treaty.

..... Is what I thought

"... So with that, I, in the name of True Dragon Velgrynd declare Masayuki to be the new emperor." As Velgrynd finished speaking, the volcano behind the Imperial castle erupted. It was the home of a true dragon, so no one would be idiotic enough to do this, so the people seemed to agree to the fact quite quickly.

Now, it seems like I was an idiot trying to figure out what to do once we arrived here.

For the next few days, I continued to sorry Masayuki to establish himself as the Emperor. There were some who resisted, but his skill came quite in handy in making them join us. With some soldiers being released from Tempest, we should have more than enough manpower. Calgurio, who came halfway through the entire process, really helped out a lot. Being strong means a lot in the Empire. So, Calgurio, who was known as one of the strongest really helped out cause.

So, as a thank you, I left him a gift. I hope he makes correct use of it.

Now that my work in the Empire is done, I move towards the North-Western side of the Empire which is now a part of Tempest. I was, obviously, escorted by soldiers from Tempest. After all, this place has still not been transferred to us. Well, officially, it has, bit the people here have no clue about it. As we make our way through the roads, everyone gives a shocked look towards us. I guess that is expected. Even though the nobility know about the treaty, the common people don't.

I wonder how that place is doing.

--------------------

I hope you guys like it.