CH-69

Rimuru's POV

*Rattle**Rattle**Rattle*

Tch. No matter how comfy you make this carriage, it still hurts. I know I can't compare to what we had in our previous world, but still. I am currently heading towards Dwargon for discussing about the invitation.

With me, Shuna, Shion and Benimaru are coming. Kaijin and his brothers are also tagging along. They haven't been to Dwargon for a few years now, so I decided to let them come with me as well. I asked Vesta as well, but he said that he had not accomplished anything worthy of Gazel's attention. Creating a 99% pure potion is quite a feat if I say so, but he just wasn't budging, so I decided to leave him be.

It's been a few hours and we still haven't reached Dwargon. With Geld and his men paving the road to Dwargon and Ranga and the Tempest Wolves running at full speed, we should have reached in a few hours. But these few hours have been the worst of my life. We can finally see the entrance to Dwargon. It's quite large with a small door to let people through. As we neared the gate, I could see a large line of people waiting to enter Dwargon. As soon as they saw me, or rather the carriage, they all stared at it. Small murmurs could be heard. I could listen to what they were saying, but decided not to.

As we reached the gate, Shuna exited the carriage to talk with the guard. I later came to know that the guard was Kaido, brother of Kaijin.

After some time Shuna gets on the carriage and we are taken to the front of Gazel's castle. Once reaching there, I finally got to exit the carriage. Note to self that I have to build suspensions for the carriage.

I then look at the castle. Unlike the ones I had seen till now, this castle was obviously underground and was built like it was a part of the mountain. Dwargon did not use the cave as a natural barrier, rather it was the natural barrier that was used as a city. Annexing Dwargon is difficult, yet simple, at the same time. If the invading party is ready for a drawn out battle, it is best to cast anti-magic barrier around it and seal of the entrance to prevent food from entering.

I am sure Gazel would have a counter measure against it, after all, Dwargon, in its entire history has never lost. The carriage finally arrives in front of the castle.

We are then led to the meeting room, where we waited for Gazel for some time. The meeting room was more like a balcony. It had a brilliant view of the bustling city.

After some time Gazel entered.

"It has been some time, Rimuru."
"It really has been. I hope you are doing fine." I ask as I stand up and shake his hand. We both then sit down and continue.
"Haha. Nothing that my kouhai should be concerned about. Anyway, let's get to the main part shall we? We can have all the pleasantries later on."
"Very well. I have a single thing to ask. What is your opinion regarding this." I say as I put the invitation I had received on the table.
"To tell you the truth, I have no clue. My grandfather had only once mentioned about the kingdom of Hyme. That to, only because he had met with Queen Luna as a formality."
"I see. So? Do you know anything about Hyme?"
"Apart from it being in the ocean, nothing else."
"*sigh* To tell you the truth, I have been there once."
"What?!! Really?"
"Yes. It was quite a beautiful and well maintained city, on the very least."

I then look at the door. The door opens and a few maids walk in. They serve us few drinks and snacks and then take their leave.

"But that is exactly what makes me believe something is wrong with it."
"Hmm? What do you mean?"
"Think about this. They live underwater. It is all sand. There is no fertile land to grow crops. Yet they never traded for food for more than 2000 years. Even after that, let us assume that they can live solely on fish, even then, to be never heard of is odd. Also, I am not even sure whether there is only one city or multiple cities in Hyme."
"I get that, but I don't think that is a problem. Even Dwargon has enough provisions and secret trade routes that we could survive for centuries even if they try to blockade us in by controlling the entry."

Looks like they had a plan against a siege. That will be extremely important as the Empire is about to attack.

"That's not all. Right now, when the Empire is getting ready for war, they invite the leaders of three of the main fighting forces. Don't you think it's suspicious."
"If you think so, then why attend. I am also think of sending an envoy."
"I thought the same, but it appears that El-tan trusts Luna. She even said that Luna is older than her. She might be one of the strongest beings 9n this world right now. Having her cooperation can be decisive in the battle against the Empire."
"So, you are willing to take the gamble, huh?"
"I am. I might not have an intuition as good as my sister, but my intuition has saved my life quite a few times."
"I see. Then I will go as well."
"I see. Then, why don't you come a bit earlier to Tempest. We could depart together."
"Hmm? Not a bad idea, very well."
"Then, I guess, you should go and meet Kaijin and his brothers."
"I will."

After that I stand up and was about to leave. Now that I think about it, I am surprised Shion did nothing dumb. I look behind me and see Shuna standing there with a smile. But Benimaru and Shion were nowhere to be seen.

"Umm... Shuna? Where is Shion and Benimaru?" I ask timidly. I can defeat a dragon, but I cannot defeat Shuna and the scary smile on her face.

"Shion drank a bit too much, so Onii-sama escorted her to her room."
"I-I see."

I then leave and go to the room entrusted to me. Shion was there on the bed, sleeping. Doesn't Shion have her own room? Why bring her here?

"Thanks for bringing her here, Benimaru."
"No need to thank me, Rimuru-sama."
"Let's go and look around Dwargon a bit, shall we?"
"I will stay here and wait for Shion to wake up." Shuna said.
"Is that so? Once she gets up, be sure to enjoy yourself."
"Hai."

After that both me and Benimaru roam in the streets of Dwargon. They looked around the stores. We went to some blacksmiths to look at the weapons, and at a cafe to eat sweets. It might not be obvious, but Benimaru seems to have a sweet tooth, just like his sister. While we were looking around, it had already been evening.

"Oh. Rimuru-sama. What are you doing here?" I turn around after hearing a familiar voice. It was Kaijin.

"Me and Benimaru were just looking around the city."
"Is that so? Then I know the best place for us to go."
"Is that so? Then lead us." I say, wanting to see where we are going. He took us to a night club, called Night Butterfly.

So things like these exist in this world as well.

"Oioioi. You do know that I am married, you know. I have two wives, you know." Benimaru said, completely against the idea.

I wanted him to come with me, but decided not to say anything. I'm sure if she was still here, I wouldn't have gone either.

<...>

"Well then, why don't you go back, Benimaru-kun. I will come back in some time."
"Very well, Rimuru-sama."

Benimaru then leaves us alone.

"Let's go, shall we?"
"Ah, hai."

We then proceed to enter the shop.

--------------------

I hope you guys enjoyed.