CH-93

Rimuru's POV

As soon as Velgrynd declared that she would fight me, she made some distance and shot fire breath at me. I quickly dodged and moved closer to her.

She then bombards me with fire magic. Most of them are harmless to me due to my natural barrier, but a few of these shots were supported by an Ultimate Skill, so I had to dodge or take precautions against all of them. The battle continued in this stalemate for some time, but i still couldn't fathom about how strong or weak Velgrynd actually was.

I thought Velgrynd would be stronger. She is strong, no doubt, but i had expected her to be stronger. She is nowhere near the level of Veldora. Even Velzard, i could fell the strength in her, yet for Velgrynd, i could not feel her to be on the same level. Her skills in fighting are extraordinary, yet the magicules are nowhere near to match it. She should at least have a few more times the magicules she has to even come closer to Velzard or Veldora.

"Is that all you have?" I ask.
"You are not bad, I have to say."
"Why, thank you. But aren't you quite weak? Compared to your sister. Rather, i won't be surprised if even Veldora defeated you."
"Haha. That little brother of mine wouldn't even be able to put a single scratch on me, even now."
"Is that so?"
"That is so."

While we were talking, she still threw her attacks at me, but at this point, even i could understand that she knew that i could defend against it. What is she planning? Hoping that i overlook an attack of hers? Lower my guard? What does she want? At this point, this is just a waste of time. What is she planning?

Wait....... Waste of time? There is no way?

3rd Person POV

Just as Rimuru came to a conclusion, as if to prove that hypothesis correct, he received a thought communication from Ramiris.
'Rimuru. Trouble. Mentor is in trouble.' Ramiris shouted.
'What is it?'
'It is about Mentor's sister. Mentor is busy fighting Velgrynd.'
'Velgrynd?'
'Quickly do something.'
'Alright.'

Just as this conversation finished, Rimuru turned towards Velgrynd, but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Wh-*blergh* what? Hap *cough* happened?"

Rimuru looked down to see an arm piercing through his chest, with a small metallic ball in its grasp.

"Hoh? So this is your dragon core? It's a bit different. But, whatever. It is not developed enough. But i can feel the strength in it. I am sure you could have evolved given a few more years. What a pity." Velgrynd said as crushed the core.

Rimuru's eyes lost their color and his body felt limp, standing only because of the support of the hand that has pierced it. Velgrynd quickly retracted his hand causing Rimuru's body to fall to the ground.

"Well, you could have had a better future." Velgrynd said, looking at the body lying on the now burnt ground, with a large wound in the chest, before teleporting away.

Some time earlier......
Tempest......
Inside the labyrinth....

"Mentor? Are you still afraid? Your sister is gone." Ramiris asked Veldora.
"I am not afraid. Kwahaha. I am the Great Storm Dragon. There is no way I would be afraid of my sister. I was just, uh, feeling under the weather. Yes. I was not feeling good. That's all. Yep. That's all."
"But aren't you a spiritual being? How could you fall ill?"
"Now, now. Don't sweat the small details."
"Alright. But why are you-" Just as Ramiris was about to ask, a large tremor was felt throughout the labyrinth.

"Mentor? This is?"
"It seems my intuition was correct."
"Intuition? What do you mean?"
"Yes. It seems my elder sister, Velgrynd, is here."
"But. What should we do?"
"Talk to Rimuru. He will know something to do. I will go and fight with her, and stall for time."
"But...."
"No buts. Even inside this labyrinth, they will not be safe. Take the city inside. Now."
"Fine."