CH-113

Rimuru's POV
A few days ago, while Testarossa had departed...

I made a mistake. Not 'a' mistake, but a few of them. I really am an idiot.

Firstly, I forgot to devour Vega. Even though I defeated him, I rushed to El Dorado. Even though I asked Testarossa what happened to the body, she informed me that it simply disappeared as his body broke down into pieces and magicules.

Secondly, I forgot, or rather couldn't, place a clone of myself on Feldway, or any other angel, as a matter of fact. I have no idea on what is going on. The only one on the opponent's side that I can contact is Dino. And knowing his lazy attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if he knows nothing about their plan.

Third, I should have talked to that elf Sylvia back then only. Now I will have to go to Sarion to talk to her. Really a pain.

Lastly, though this isn't a problem, my come in Ruminas was destroyed. Looks like Ruminas has finally found it. I thought that she might not co-operate with me anymore, but there doesn't seem to be any problems. Both Shion and Adalmann are still in Ruberios. It doesn't appear like there would be any trouble.

Just as I was thinking what I should do, a Shuna came into the room.

"Rimuru-sama, an emissary from Milim-sama's domain had arrived."

"Milim?"

"Hai."

"Alright, I will go and meet her." Shuna just bowed and led the way.

But Milim? Now that's a surprise. Usually she would just burst in. It's quite rare for her to send an emissary. Rather, isn't this the first time she has sent an emissary?

Once we came to the room, before even entering, I knew something was wrong. The ones guarding the door were Benimaru and Souei.

Who is this VIP? Why does she need two of my top executives to guard the door?

Once I entered the room, my questions were answered. Inside the room was only one person. With long black hair and violet eyes, she could be called anything but ordinary. But the most important and, probably, most distinguishing was the three pairs of wrong behind her. They were wings which only Angels have. She could have his her wings, but decided not to. There is no way Milim joined the angels, did she?

Before my thoughts could get more disarrayed, the angel stood up and bowed.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Demon Lord Rimuru. I am an angel under the service of Milim-sama, the daughter of my creator, Veldanava-sama. Please call me Obera."

"Obera? So? What are you doing here? As an angel, shouldn't you be under Feldway?"

"About that, I completely disagree with what Feldway is doing. If Veldanava-sama had to revive, he has more than enough power to do so. I personally believe that we should be serving the successor of Veldanava-sama, Milim-sama."

"So you are betraying Feldway?"

"Betraying isn't the correct word. After all, we never supported him."

"We?"

"Yes. Me, and the army under my control. We amount to a total of 2 million."

"I see. And how can I be sure that you are not another pawn sent by Feldway."

"Here. Milim-sama told me to give this to you. I don't know what's written in the letter, but she told me that this should be enough for you to realise the truth." Obera said as she handed me a letter.

The truth? So she doesn't deny the fact that she could be a spy. Or, she just had that much trust in Milim. I opened the letter and read.

Rimuru's, how are you? I hope you are doing well. Everything is fine here. Congratulations for defeating Michael. She finally left. Frey left. She was just watching me write this letter.

I was so scared that I would anger her by using something informal. I mean we are friends right? It doesn't matter if I talk informally. I don't get why she is so strict about this stuff.

Anyway, let's talk a lot Rimuru. I will come by to visit you soon, so please ask Shuna to prepare a cake for me.

Well, as for Obera, she is one of the three strongest angel who served my father. Even my Milim Eyes didn't detect her to be lying. Also, unlike other angels who have virtue skills, her virtue skills evolved to a fallen skill. So, she is not under the influence of Michael. Also, you are free to check her memory. I told her to let you check her memory.

I will let you decide what to do with her.

Your bestie,
Milim

I can't believe that Milim could write a letter. I am surprised. This isn't all formal, but I don't care about that. But really, she really has grown.

I turn to look at Obera, who was just looking towards me. While I was reading, I appeared defenseless, but due to Ciel, I was never really in danger. I wanted to see if she would bite, bit she didn't.

Whether it was because she saw through it, or because she really is our ally is not really sure.

"Can I read your memories?" I ask her.
"Hai. Milim-sama have me permission to allow you to see my memories. Though I have no skills to showcase my memories to others."

"Don't worry about that. Leave that to me."

I say as I put my hands on her head. Ciel promptly begins to analyse her memory. I saw nothing or of the ordinary. Everything was in order, nothing was dislocated, there were no breaks in her memory, indicating no one had tapered with it.

After a few minutes, I finally let go of her.

"Fine. Alright. I guess I will trust you. Serve Milim nicely, she is an important friends of mine."

"Of course."

"And you do know what will happen if you ever try to betray, right?"

"Don't worry. I will never dare. Now then, I will take my leave." She said as she stood up and left.

While she was going, I put one of my clones on her. It had no fighting prowess, but works nicely as a spring device.

But, now I have a new problem. I guess I should be glad because I saw this before we actually had to fight them, but I completely forgot about the Insectars.

Insectars are a species that want to take over the cardinal plane, as their world doesn't have enough resources. I talked about this with Zegion once we will. Adult Insectars don't need a lot of resources to live, but young Insectars do.

As such, they are continuously attacking the cardinal plane. But recently, their attacks slowed down, to the extent that the entirety of Obera's army had managed to come into the cardinal world, it rather a sub-space of the cardinal world.

I believe that Feldway has made some sort of deal with them. After all,  I heard from Diablo that Feldway is quite a shrewd man.

I still have no clue how he is going to revive Veldanava, but I know it won't be pretty for us. It's going to be pretty bad of we have to fight all out.

Guy, milim and me can fight against Velzard, Zelanus and Feldway. But if we fought all out, this world wouldn't last long. But, right now, we can only wait for their next move.

---------------------

I hope you guys like it.