CH-63

3rd Person POV

Shion and Ranga are in a great peril. If this was the old Shion, they would have lost quite a while ago. But Shion had grown. When she failed to protect the citizens, she started practicing. Her techniques had improved by leaps and bound.

Shion, right now, was buying time. She knew that if she lost, the tide of the battle would change very quickly. So, for now she was just wearing Razul out and buying time. This doesn't mean that she had given up on the chances of winning. She still had two aces up. She was waiting for the perfect chance.

That chance had just showed up. Razul's exoskeleton was an armor that could repulse not only magic but also physical attacks. But this doesn't mean it was undestroyable.

Till now Shion had drained all her will power just to keep up. Till now Shion believed that it was obvious that the weak would die. But when she faced that weakness herself when Falmuth attacked, she changed. Then, Rimuru told her how not everyone has the same strength. She understood that. Not now. She knew what it meant to be weak, yet refused to accept it.

But now, she had finally accepted it. She was weak. Compared to Diablo, she was weak. But that was no problem for her. So what if she was weak now? She could just get stronger. Her kind lives for a long time. She has more than enough time to grow stronger.

[Confirmed. Unique skill 《Ogre Berserker》 has evolved into 《Battle God》]

This was the result of her will.

"Ranga, now."

Shion used her newly acquired skill to increase her strength and slashed at Razul. She had been striking the same point of the exoskeleton in an attempt to break it. Though it didn't break, it definitely weakened.

Shion swung her blade and hit the same point on his arm with which Razul was blocking. She then used her unique skill 《Chef》 to get a guaranteed outcome. Just as her sword collided with Razul's exoskeleton, a large gash appeared all the way from the arm to the center of his body. Ranga's 《Black Lightning》 then proceeded to burn the inside of Razul.

"Hahaha. Even though you never managed to hurt me, a single attack was all it took. Hahaha. Forgive me Gran, I will be going on ahead. Let us .... meet at..... the place we deci...ded." Razul said as his life diminished.

Meanwhile....

'Did he do it?' Ruminas thought as Rimuru  places the mask on her face.

Both Hinata and Chloe had spoken quite highly of Rimuru in the past. So when she met him, to not destroy the timeline, she feigned ignorance. But then, just before the concert a large irregularity occurred. There were many irregularities before this as well, but they were quite minor.

But now Hinata had died and Chronoa had been released. The only irregularity that could be of help to her was Rimuru. Yet she has not forgotten the humiliation she had to face a few days ago. Yet she decided to put her faith on Rimuru, because there is nothing else that she could have done.

Seeing that Rimuru was trying to call Chloe's soul, she saw hope. She thought that there was still chance.

"You seem quite happy, Ruminas-sama. Do you really think Chloe's soul still rests inside Chronoa? Isn't she the incarnation of evil? There is no way such a young and fragile soul, such as of that girl would survive."
"How did you? No. If it was you, you could have eavesdropped on us."
"Indeed. This is the fastest way to achieve my dream."
"Shut up. There is no way everything will go according to your plan."
"Oh, but it will."

Just as Granbell said that, a lot of soul particles entered Granbell. It was then that Ruminas realized that Shion had managed to defeat Razul.

"Let's finish this, Ruminas."
"Very well."

Ruminas took out her beloved sword, Night Rose, named after her hometown. Granbell also took out his Longsword of Truth.

[Confirmed. Unique skill 《Unyielding One》 has evolved into the Ultimate Skill 《Hope King Sariel》]

Now, both were on even grounds. Both had an Ultimate Skill with similar powers over life and death.

Maria, Granbell and Razul's power together gave birth to this power. So, when both collided the one with more will power should have won. Granbell, the Unyielding Hero, who had no reason to lose, lost.

Rimuru's POV

As my vision returns to me, I see that I had not moved at all, yet Chronoa had fallen to the ground.

"Oi, Rimuru, what happened?" Leon asked.
"Nothing. Don't worry. Just keep a guard here. We already have too many problems. I will let you see Chloe after this entire charade is over."
"Fine. But you better keep your word."
"I will."

I then quickly pick up Chronoa's body and take her near Hinata's body in a princess carry and then lay her down near Hinata.

"Oi, Ruminas, help me revive Hinata." I say.

"Hahaha...... it was.... good ...... Ruminas-sama."

Ruminas had understood what he meant, I guess. Granbell, in reality, didn't want Chronoa to go berserk, but rather awaken properly and become a new hope for humanity.

Just as Ruminas was about to come towards me, Granbell interrupted her, "Ruminas-sama, my hope.... give my hope...... to her...... She .......will be the hope...... of humanity."
"Fine."
"M-much obliged."

After that, she came to my place.

"You sure took your time."
"What? You have a problem."
"You have quite a nerve to talk to me like that again. Especially after what happened a few days ago."
"Shut up."

After that both me and Ruminas started their revival. She was using Asmodeus. As another Ultimate Skill, I couldn't analyze it. I could have used the special move Beelzebub taught me, but I hadn't mastered it yet, and Rumimas would have surely noticed. So I guess it wouldn't have been too helpful.

Soon, the process is complete and Hinata and Chloe wake up.

"Rimuru..." Chloe said as she jumped at me. I thought that her body would be difficult to catch in the position I was in, yet she changed into her child form and hugged me. I, obviously hugged her back.

"Oi. What is the meaning of this?" Leon asked as he saw me hugging Chloe. Meanwhile Hinata was glaring at me. I get it. If somebody saw this they would believe I was a lolicon. I understand. But I am the younger one here. Geez.

"Anyway, I think this is a good time, so i will say this. I have finally become a True H-"

Just as she was saying, my eyes widened in realization as I understood what she was about to say. I quickly raise my hand and aim at a nearby tree on which a demon was hiding. Tch. He had spies here. I didn't kill them thinking that this would make him underestimate me but now it backfired, I guess. 

Chloe went silent as she saw me taking action. I chop her lightly and speak,
"Even though you have grown, you still forgot to take a look at your surroundings. How many times have I told you not to disclose important information when you could be spied on. That was one of the basic things I taught you."

"Sorry, sensei." Chloe said as she held her head.

"Whatever, it is too late now. Let's go and talk in somewhere private."

Seeing that we were being spied on, everyone agreed.

----------------------

That's it. I hope you guys like it.