CH-142

Rimuru's POV

As the darkness devoured me, I realised.

I let my guard down, didn't I?

...

No reply. Seems like I really died. Goddamn it. As if.

AS IF I COULD ACCEPT THAT. I FINALLY ACHIEVED IT. I FINALLY DID IT. WHY NOW?

If I am dead then Ciel is....

Just thinking about it made my heart feel as if it had stopped beating. Well, I guess I am already dead, so it doesn't matter.

"-ince..."

Huh? Who is it? Atleast let me die in peace this time and meet her. Don't reincarnate me again. Don't give me hope.

"Prince, your majesty. Are you alright?" Jacob asked.

Huh? Jacob? I thought he died. Wait. Didn't I die as well? I was reincarnated as well. Wait. If he is alive, then my brother didn't attack yet? No. Wait. If that's the case then she is safe as well. Wait. Was everything that I saw a dream? No. It was too real. Too well made for a dream. Not only that, I met new faces. It's impossible to see new faces in a dream. Then, if that was true, why am I back here?

I look at Jacob who was looking worryingly at me.

"Ah! Nothing, Jacob. For now, just activate the hyperspace boosters. We will jump as soon as possible." I ordered. It was the same thing as last time. The only difference is that I will be prepared for you brother.

"Understood."

"Oh right. Keep the main cannons ready. As soon as we jump out of hyperspace, we might be greeted by more of those pirates. Aim the main cannons at 10 o'clock and secondary cannons at 6 o'clock.

"Huh? Do you really think they would have planned that far ahead?" Jacob asked.

"It never hurts to be ready." I reply

"Understood." Jacob said as he left. He is nearly 20 years older than me. He has quite the experience with ships. Well, I have more experience than the years he has lived if you count my memories.

Currently, we are being attacked by pirates, who are actually part of my elder brother's personal army, if I go by what I had seen in my memories. Once we jump out of hyperspace, we will be ambushed by my brother's fleet.

Currently, everyone who is a part of my faction, that is supporting me to be the next King is on this ship, Krishna. Krishna is the largest ship in our Empire and is my personal vessel for my private army. It has some of the best defense forces. The attacks by those small pirate ships are of no concern to me.

But, one ship that can damage us is my brother's new mothership. It was supposed to be still in construction at this time, but it seems that was a lie.

Krishna focuses mainly on defense and storage. Meanwhile, the attack is left to the smaller ships. Well, there should still be some time before we jump out of hyperspace and engage with my brother's fleet. This time I will definitely change my destiny. Her destiny.

I quickly leave the cockpit and make my way towards my fiance's room. I stand outside the door, glance at the nameplate and sigh. There, in gold, above a blue background, it was written, Ciel.

It was quite a nostalgic scene for me. I wonder how many years had passed since the last time I saw this. I open the door. It was completely guarded with a fingerprint sensor, retina scanner and even a DNA tester. I know it might be excessive, but it is better to be in the safer side.

As I enter, Doris, a dark elf, who is Ciel's guard looked at me before turning a blind eye to me. Our relationship isn't bad, but it isn't good either. But I do know that she is completely loyal to Ciel, and she is strong. Till the time she protects her, I don't mind. I move towards the bed, on which Ciel was lying.

She really didn't change, huh? She still prefers to sleep naked. Well, I am content with just seeing this again. I will make sure not to make the same mistake again. I stay in the room and slowly caress her hair. She just snuggles closer without a hint of waking up.

I stay there for nearly an hour, before I stand up to leave. I don't want to wake her up. As such, I slowly stood up and begin to leave.

"...mmhmm?" I hear Ciel mumble behind me.

I look around to see Ciel had woken up. She was rubbing her eyes and sitting on the bed while looking towards me.

"You going somewhere?" Ciel asked softly.

"Yes. Just a meeting between us Brothers. Doris, protect her of something happens."

"Hmph. You don't need to tell me. I will protect my lady with everything I've got." She said proudly.

I just smile and leave.

"One minute, Satoru." Ciel stops me from leaving.

"What is it Ciel?"

"We should be in our territory now. Will he really attack?"
"This is the best place to attack. After all, we would be least expecting it."

Ciel might be quite talented when it comes to politics, but in a battlefield, she is just like any other ordinary person.

"I see. Take care."
"Right." I say as I leave.

Now I really can't lose, can I? I have Ciel waiting for me, after all.

As brothers, we always fought with each other. He was the crown Prince, but he wasn't exceptionally talented. He would be just another King, forgotten to history. He was by no means foolish, but he was not smart either.

On the other hand, Even though I had no talent in politics and internal affair, I had quite a sharp brain when it came to battles. Add to the fact that my fiance was good at internal affairs, many nobles want me to be the next King.

Who becomes the king is decided by votes. Obviously, higher ranked nobles have more weightage on votes. Out of six Dukes, the highest ranking nobles, three supported my elder brother, two supported me, and one supported my little sister. My younger brother literally had no support, as such, I guess he always looked at us from away.

I guess he was afraid that I might take away his throne. Is that why he attacked me? I never really listened to his reason last time. I was too busy exacting my revenge to care for how he felt. This time though, things will be different. I will not let him harm Ciel, or anyone who supports as a matter of fact.

I move towards the control room. It is located in the centre of the Spaceship. Visual feed from all directions could be seen. These were taken by snap cameras attacked to all sides of the Spaceship.

As soon as I entered, everyone bowed. I nodded, gesturing them to get back to their respective positions.

"Are the cannons ready?" I ask.

"Yes. They are loaded and aimed. As soon as we get any signs of an ambush, we will strike."

"No. As soon as we exit hyperspace, launch EMP cannons. Let's not take any risk."

Everyone like at me as if I had lost my mind. EMPs are valuable weapons, capable of leaving major starships unable to move. Using them when you aren't even sure whether you will be attacked is surely idiotic. But as a matter of fact, I know we will be attacked.

"Alright. Understood. Load the EMP." Jacob said.

He really beleives me, huh?

Well, let's defeat my brother, shall we?

----------------------------

How is it?