CH-82

Floor 81-90

The soldiers who were dropped into floor 81 could be considered the luckiest. Within a day, they had managed to reach the stairs for the next floor. It was the next day that they met the soldiers in the floor 82. But, their luck soon ran out. A white monkey, which could speak human tongue and use wind and earth magic, continued to completely ravage the army. Within an hour, he would kill the majority, and let the rest live, as if toying with them.

The soldiers on the other floors were no more luckier. On floor 83, the Moon Rabbit, which could control gravity, would devastate the soldiers. On floor 84 was the Plague Rat, which could spread germs with the help of his underling. If there were any otherworlders like Shinji, something might have been done, but the soldiers paid no heed to the rats, the main source of the disease.

On floor 85 was the Thunder Tiger. Before his arrival, the Imperial Army thought they had the advantage, but in a matter of minutes, they were forced into a defensive battle by the stairs, where they had made a base. Within a day, they were all wiped out. On floor 86, the entire area was a hot desert. On the day, the temperature would rise astronomically, yet the night was cool. Any otherworlder would have noticed how odd it was for deserts to be comfortable at night, instead of bone chilling cold. Yet, no one in this army had ever seen a desert, so they slept peacefully. It was at this time, that the Winged Snake, which could control the atmosphere, completely removed the oxygen from the air, killing every soldier in their sleeps.

Floor 87, unlike the other floors, was peaceful. There were no large or dangerous monsters, and the environment itself was pleasing. Surrounded by flowers, beautiful scenery and a enjoyable atmosphere, it didn't take long before the soldiers let down their guard. Soon enough, the soldiers didn't even realise that even those on duty, went to sleep, never to wake up again. They appeared awake to others, due to a hallucination. This was the work of the Sleeping Ram, a peace loving soul, which hated violence.

Floor 88 was home to the Fire Bird. It spread fire everywhere, yet this fire only burnt those who were hostile to it. The trees and other vegetation was not on fire. Within a day, the Fire Bird and other avain creatures managed to wipe out the Imperial soldiers. On floor 89, the mirror dog ran rampant. The entire floor was made of mirrors, creating an optical illusion for the soldiers. They would bump into each other and the mirror. Meanwhile, the Mirror dog could go through these mirrors and attack them. He continued to toy with them, until he was bored, and then finally killed them all.

This was how, within 5 days, all the soldiers who were sent to attack the labyrinth were wiped out.

Outside the labyrinth

"Is there still no report?" Calgurio asked.
"N-No. There have been no report, Sir."

It has been a week since the invasion had begun, yet, after two days, all the connection with the army had been lost.

"Tch. No other thing can be done. Let's defeat this labyrinth the way it is supposed to be. Gather the strongest people still left."
"H-Hai." Calgurio's aide said as he quickly ran away to complete the order.

Within a few minutes, a hundred or so people had gathered in front of him. Each one here was strong enough to defeat the smaller Western Nations on his/her own, yet, even then a few stood out. They were General Minitz, Colonel Kansas, Lucius and Raynold.

Lucius and Raynold were acquainted with Gadra and only came here to save him from the Demon Lord, as they were told that Gadra was being held hostage. Both of them were otherworlders, and held a unique skill.

"Listen well. All the soldiers are waiting for help. To conquer the dungeon, you must first defeat the so called Ten Lords of the Labyrinth, then you will get to fight the demon lord, and kill him. We don't have much time to wait. Get ready."
"Hai." Some said taking Calgurio's words seriously, while the others just sneered at him.

Meanwhile, in the control room

"This went better than I expected." Rimuru said.
"Hai. Even though the human wave tactics are strong, they were quite useless due to Ramiris-sama's labyrinth." Benimaru replied.
"I know. But make sure not to say that in front of her. She would become too arrogant."
"Hai." Benimaru replied. He knew how Ramiris was, and knew that what Rimuru said was for the best.

'Oi, Rimuru.' Ramiris contacted Rimuru and Benimaru via thought communication.
'What is it?'
'About that. About a hundred soldiers are coming into the labyrinth, right?'
'Yep. That's right. So?'
'Well, you see, I have a few requests from the Guardians.'
'Requests?'
'Yes, you see, Gadra knows about Lucius and Raynold, so he wants to talk to them, of he would join us.'
'Well, I see no troubles in that. But do warn him that if they refuse, they need to be killed.'
'Yep. That and that Kansas, Kumara knows him.'
'Kansas? So? What does she want to do?'
'You see, the one who destroyed her village was that Kansas guy, so she wants revenge.'
'Revenge, huh? Sure. I am sure that will help her. It did help help me after all.'
'Huh? What did you say?'
'Nothing. You have permission for both the requests '
'Alright. Thanks Rimuru.'
'Don't mention it. Also, this man appears to be the leader of the entire force, so send him seperately to Apito.'
'Ohhhh. Seperating the leader from the army to disrupt their chain of command, eh? Aren't you a devious one?'
'Wait, so I am the bad one here?'
'Well, you want me to tell them anything else?'
Atleast answer me.
'No. Tell them to do their best.'
'Understood.'

Well, there is Veldora. I don't believe anyone in the Empire can match him, apart from his sister, and maybe the Emperor. As neither of the two are present on the battlefield, I don't think there will be much trouble.

3rd person POV

Lucius and Raymond were dropped into floor 59. The reason they were not dropped directly into floor 60, was to show them exactly how terrifying it is to go against Rimuru. It was a sort of silent persuasion, which would help in the interaction to come.

Lucius and Raymond, who had come to the labyrinth to get clues on Gadra, Shinji and the group, found it hard to beat even the 59th floor. All the traps in the labyrinth were activated, including futuristic one, such as rooms full of Carbon Monoxide, or other poisonous gasses, slow acting aerial poison, sudden temperature changes and so on. It took Lucius and Raymond every last ounce of their strength to make it past the floor to floor 60. Reaching there, seeing Shinji and his crew standing in front of them was a big surprise.

"Shinji? Is-is it you? Truly?" Lucius asked.
"Yes. We are all fine. Master is here as well."
"You mean Master is-"
"Don't leave me behind, you guys." Gadra said through the magic suit.

"Master?"
"Yes. It is me, Gadra. So? Will you listen to me?"
""Obviously."" Both Raymond and Lucius replied in unison. Soon both Raymond and Lucius understood what was happening, and joined demon lord Rimuru. They had no feelings for the Empire. The place where they could live happily with their friends was all that they wanted. And to them, it was Tempest, where they could do so.

------------------

I hope you guys liked it.