CH-70

As soon as I enter the shop, I meet a familiar face. Yep. She was the same elf I had met in Ingrassia and told me about the location of Ramiris's labyrinth.

"Ara, if it isn't Rimuru-sama, I wonder what you are doing in such a humble establishment?"
"Oh? Am I not welcomed here?" I asked back, teasing her.
"Of- of course you are welcomed here."
"Haha. Calm down. I was just kidding." I say as I sit down followed by Kaijin and his brothers.
"In reality Kaijin brought me here."
"Is that so? How are the kids?"
She asked as she poured me a drink.
"They are fine, thanks to you."
"Is that so? Then I am glad."
"So boss already knows her?" Kaijin asked.
"Yep. I met her in Ingrassia."
"No fair. To know someone so handsome as Rimuru-san, and not telling us." Another elf spoke up.
"But I thought you weren't interested about why I went to Ingrassia."
"Mou. That's not fair."

"So, is there anything in your mind, Rimuru-san?"
"Hmm?"
"You zoned out for a bit, you know."
"That's right boss. You should look at them, or else it will be a disrespect to them." Kaijin said. He is surely drunk.
"Well, as I know you, why don't I tell you who your fated one is?"
"Hoh? Fated one?"
"Yep. The one you are destined to live with."
"Can you really do that?" I ask suspiciously. All these were mere scams in my previous world, but in this world, where there are skills and high tier magic, it might not be that out of reach.
"Of course, with the help of this." She said pointing towards the glass ball kept on the table. So that's why it was kept there. I knew that it wasn't just for aesthetics.

"Is that so? Please do so then. I wonder who my 'fated one' is."

She just smiled and proceeded to fiddle with the ball. Slowly, an image of a girl started to appear.

She had a slim figure, her chest wasn't flat, yet it couldn't be called big either. She had an androgynous appearance, but it was more towards the female side. Her face was as beautiful as a doll. Her lips were sealed, showing no emotions at all. Yet, I could somehow fell that she was happy. She had sky blue colored hair like mine, which went till her waist, and her eyes were blood red.

"Woah. She is quite beautiful, boss." Kaijin said.
"Ara. I never knew you knew someone so beautiful. Color me surprised."
"Moh. Why couldn't it be me?" The elf from earlier commented.
"To tell you the truth, I dont know her myself."
"Is that so? I guess your future is quite bright, Rimuru-san."
"I guess so, as well."

We then continue to drink and make some small talks until midnight.

"Well, I guess we should go."
"Leaving already?"
"It's about to be midnight. You all should sleep as well. Not enough sleep might spoil your beauty, you know."
"You sure know how to please a woman, huh, Rimuru-san."
"Hahaha."

I just give out a dry laughter and was about to head out.

"Oh right! If you girls want, why don't you come to Tempest. There are other elves there, and I can guarantee you a bar according to your preference."

The elves looked at each other.

"Of course, if you want, you can come and take a look first. You see, there are not enough high-end establishments like this one in Tempest. If something else fancies your interest, you are free to look into that as well. I hope you will come to Tempest, at least once."

I say as I take the drunk Kaijin and his brothers with me back to the castle. I leave the brothers in their room. They had already fallen asleep before they reached the room. What a trouble. But, things like these aren't so bad every once in a while.

After leaving them in their rooms, I go back to my own room. As soon as I open the door, I am met with a familiar face with a smile on her face. The problem being that the smile was not at all something that would calm a person down. Rather, it would send shivers down someone's spine.