CH-57

Outside the Grand Cathedral
Shizue's POV

After defeating the otherworlders, Rimuru-san teleported away. But what he said was still on my mind. Demon lord Leon. Just as I was looking at the approaching ship, Demon Lord Leon teleported in front of me.

"Demon lord Leon. Good to see that you are here. As you had ordered, we had summoned many children, but we had problems delivering them. I am sure you can see the problem."
"What is the meaning of this?" I asked Demon Lord Leon.
"It wasn't just me? You summoned even more?"
"Of course. You see, young children will die if not given a spirit. By saving them, he can use them as his secret weapon." Granbell answered.

I just dashed at Demon Lord Leon and punched him. I was sure he would block or dodge. But nothing of that sort happened. I punched him and he didn't even move. He stopped his subordinates from taking action and took my hit head on. His lips were bleeding but he wiped it.

I knew it. Demon Lord Leon is not a bad person. He was cold to me. Didn't talk much to me. Yet he didn't leave me alone. He taught me about this world. Gave me Ifrit. And then left me in the care of the Hero. I know it, yet. It is hard to accept it.

"Are you satisfied now?"
"Why? Why Leon-sama? Why did you summon me? Why did you ask him to summon them." I asked pointing to the otherworlders that Rimuru-san defeated.

"I have a reason for it."
"What could be as important that you sacrificed hundreds of poor children."
"To find my childhood friend. She was summoned just like us."
"Just for that? If she was summoned, you should have looked for her. Not summon more in Hope's of summoning her."

I yell at him and dash at him. I quickly take out my sword and cover it with my flames. I then slash at him, but he just blocked with his sword. I quickly create some distance between us and then attack him with water balls. This seems to have caught him off guard. I might be good with fire magic, but that doesn't mean I can't use other elements.

I then quickly use my fire to evaporate the water balls causing steam to rise. Even though Leon doesn't need eyes to see, he was once a human. Not being able to see caused him to falter for a moment. I used this chance and striked at him. I went straight for his waist. He managed to block it. As expected. I knew he was strong. I continued to attack. He was on the back foot because I was not giving him time to properly adjust his posture, yet he was able to hold me off with ease.

'Should I help?' Agni asked.
'Yes please. Put all your strength in the next attack.'
'Alrighty.'

I then covered my sword with blue flames, which with the help of Agni has reached a black color. I quickly dash at Leon, aiming at his neck. He moves his sword to block it. As expected. When I was very close to him, I changed my target and aimed at his waist. He wasn't able to bring his sword down on time.

Why? Why is this happening? I put everything in that attack, yet Leon just stopped it with his bare hands? How? He isn't even injured? So this is the difference between us? Did Rimuru-san know the difference between us? Then why did he tell me to fight?

"Calmed down?"
"Why? Why did you not attack me back. In the entire fight, you never once attacked me. Am I not worth it?"
"Well, there are two reasons for that. One is because of him. He told me to not go too hard on you."
Him? Does he mean Rimuru-san?
"Secondly, I wanted to atone for what I did. I don't regret the choice I made. If I were to go back in time, I am sure I would do the same. I won't ask for your forgiveness. You can hate me all you want."

A few minutes ago,
Elmesia's ship....

Rimuru's POV

I teleport to El-tan's ship. It appears like Leon was about to teleport to the ground.

"Yo. It has been a while, hasn't it?" I say, sitting on the seat Leon was previously sitting on.

The Magus orders raised their weapons and were about to attack but were stopped by Elmesia.

"Rimuru?" Leon looks surprised.
"Can you not teleport here without warning? This ship is supposed to have a barrier, you know." El-tan complained.

"I know. You are going down there, right Leon?"
"Yes. So what?"
"You see, Shizue is there."
His eyes widened for a second, but soon went back to normal.
"So?"
"I don't mind what you do and how you decide to fight her. But don't kill her or traumatize her." I said as I released my aura. Leon countered by releasing his own aura.

"And what if I dont?"
"Wouldn't it be a shame if El Dorado were to be wiped out of the map of the world. A real shame, wouldn't it be?"
"Is that supposed to be a threat?" The question came surprisingly from Elmesia.
"If it is so, then Saruon will support El Dorado. Let me tell you."
"So? Am I supposed to be scared? I have more than enough forces to take on both Sarion and El Dorado at once."

The atmosphere became heavy. Well, I wasn't completely bluffing either. I am sure we can take both El Dorado and Sarion at once, but it will leave us defenseless against the Empire. Guy would probably also move.

"But. There is not much for any one of us to gain out of this. So why don't you do all three of us a favor, Leon and not kill Shizue."
"Fine." He said after a moment of hesitation and teleported along with his subordinates.

"Did you really have to say that?" Elmesia asked.
"Of course. It is important for Leon to know that I will not back down from a fight."
Elmesia just sighed as we continued to observe the fight.
"But this must have taken quite a lot of preparation to do. Three demon lords, a true hero and a saint."
Hearing that brought a smile to my face.
"Huh? Why are you smiling?"
"It's four demon lords and two true hero."
"What?"
"Yep. Guy is also here."

She went quiet. Looks like she is trying to put the pieces together.

"Wait. Could the hero be?"
"Looks like Shizue couldn't hatch her egg." I say changing the topic.
"Huh?"
"I thought Shizue would hatch her Hero's egg, if she fought with Leon, but that doesn't seem to have happened."
"Wait. You were aiming for what?"
"A new hero to be born. If she were to awaken, I would have better chances against the Empire."

I looked around. Shizue and Leon continued to battle, but it was more of a training for Shizue as Leon was holding back quite a fair bit. Meanwhile, Shion and Ranga were fighting against Razul.
Being an Insectar, his defense was impeccable. Shion was taking many hits but due to her 《Ultraspeed Regeneration》 they healed quickly. Meanwhile Ranga would attack while hiding from the shadows. It was a good strategy but it doesn't seem to be working.

Meanwhile, it looks like Hinata is tired. Granbell really pushed her to the limits, huh? Looks like Hinata is about to go all out. I wonder how it will go out.
<The chances of Granbell winning is 99.92%.>

Knew it. But I really want to know what Hinata's limit is. What is Diablo doing?

-------------------

That's it. I hope you guys enjoyed. Like and follow.