CH-115

Rimuru's POV

"It's me Rimuru." I say.
"Ah! One moment." I could hear a few sounds of things rustling around until

*Clack*
*Creak*

Shizue opens the doors and invites me in.

"So? What is it Rimuru-san?"
"You see. I am going to Ruberios tomorrow, so I thought I might as well invite you and the kids."

"Really? That's a lifesaver."
"Huh?"
"Ah! You see, I was having trouble deciding what to do for tomorrow's class with them. Usually I would take them to the labyrinth to practice, but unfortunately, tomorrow, Diablo-san and the others are going to fight there."

Uh-huh. I remember something like that. Diablo, Zegion and demoness trio practice once a month by fighting against each other. So, I guess that's why she was having trouble.

"Well, it will be a one day trip, so I don't think you need to prepare anything."
"I see. Thanks a lot."
"You're welcome. Anyway, keep this a secret from the kids. Let it be a surprise."

"Alright. They wouldn't even be awake this late."

I looked at the clock and it was already ten. Unlike my old world, in this world, people woke up and slept with the sun.

"I guess. Well then, goodnight. You should take a break."

"I will. Goodnight."

The next day...
In a classroom

Third Person POV

This classroom belongs to the students of Shizue. The five students had always stayed together, so they studied together under Shizue.

The classroom was quite noisy, maybe because the teacher who was supposed to be teaching wasn't present. It was already five minutes beyond the time at which the class would start.

"Hey. Where is Shizue-sensei?" Kenya asked.
"How the hell am I supposed to know, you idiot?" Alice replied, sitting venom.

"STOP FIGHTING." Shizue said as she entered the room. The room suddenly became quiet.

"Alright. So, for today, we will be going to Ruberios." Shizue declares.

Kenya picks up his sword and says," Alright. Let's go to the laby-" He realizes midway what Shizue had meant.

"Wait. RUBERIOS?!! NOT THE LABYRINTH?" Kenya screamed in disbelief.

"Yes. Rimuru will be taking us there, so don't cause any trouble."

"Yoohoo. How are you all doing?" Rimuru asks teleporting right behind them.

"""Rimuru-sensei.""" They all screamed together and ran towards him.

"Alrighty. Calm down, you all. Anyway. We are going to Ruberios. You all have already been there once. So I hope you won't trouble Shizue there." As soon as Rimuru began to speak, they all fell quiet.

"Ehhh? Rimuru-sensei isn't coming with us?" Chloe asked.
"Well, I have something important to do. So take care, alright? Anyway let's go."

As soon as he said that, a portal appeared behind him, and as soon as they passed through it, they had arrived in Ruberios.

"You all enjoy yourself, I have to do some work." Rimuru said as he separated from the group.

Once he was far away from them, he disguised himself using illusion magic and made his way towards the church. But unlike last time, he entered the church through its backdoors. A place that only a select few know. It leads directly to Ruminas's chamber and the place where the vampires live.

I quickly go to the place where I felt Ruminas's magic signature. This pursuit led me to a room. I opened the door and saw Ruminas lying on the couch. Hinata and Gunther were already there. Neither of the three seemed to be surprised as they saw me entering. I wasn't trying to hide my presence anyway, so I guess this should be expected.

"Yo. How're ya?" I ask in a casual tone.

"Fine. Though I don't remember inviting you here." Ruminas replied.
"Aah! That must be because you didn't."
"I know that." Ruminas said. She had a vein popping on her forehead. Alright. I guess I should stop, or else we won't be able to discuss anything today.

"Alright. Let's get to the point. How are you feeling?" I ask Ruminas.
"Huh? What do you mean? When did you become a doctor?"

"Ha.ha.ha." I give it a fake laugh. "Very funny. I am sure you know why I came here."

"What does he mean Ruminas-sama?" Hinata asks.

Does Hinata not know about this. I am sure she was there as well when I told Ruminas about the ruins. I look at Ruminas and she seems quite conflicted.

"Oh! By the way, Shizue and the students are in the town as well. Why don't you go and meet them?" I tell Hinata, going to change the topic.

"Shizue-sensei? Where is she? I am going right now. Ruminas-sama, I will see you later. I am taking my leave." Saying so, Hinata quickly went to find Shizue. Just hearing about Shizue is enough to change her mood completely.

"You owe me one." I smugly declare to Ruminas.
"No. No, I don't. And stop getting on my nerves. Just talk and tell me what you wanted to say."

"Fine. No fun."
"What do you mean no fun? You have changed so much. You used to be dead serious. As if you had a goal you had to complete. No matter what you have to do. But, now..."

"It's like I have achieved my goals?"
"Yes."
"Maybe you are correct. Maybe I have achieved my goals."

Ruminas is quite cunning. She is quite good at reading the emotions and minute details in living beings.

"Anyway, it seems like you went to the ruins, like I suggested."
"So what if I did?"
"You seem stronger now, so I thought I will just confirm it."
"Hoh? So you want to fight?"
"No. Not at all. What I really came for discussing here is your fighting power."

"Huh?"

"Feldway has not made a move for the past six months, but that more or less guarantees that he will do something in the near future. So I wanted to know just how much fighting prowess do you and your people have."

As I said that, Ruminas started thinking, and Gunther served me tea. His tea is quite delicious. Quite different from Shuna's but delicious nonetheless.

"You need not worry. I have sufficient enough resources to fight back against the angels."
"No. That's not what I mean. Most of the angels are now under Milim's command. One of the seven archangels, Obera sweetie fealty to Milim. What I am asking is that so you have enough forces to deal with Dagruel?"

"Dagruel? So you really think he would betray us?"
"The fact that he had done so once should be enough proof, is it not?"
"What do you mean? He could have different circumstances at that time."

"Exactly. That means he has a secret that he is hiding. And he is willing to even betray us to fulfill it. He may not have betrayed us right now, but there is no denying what might happen in the future. Keep your wits about you."

"Fine. I will remember it."

"Anyway, Do you know if any ruins?"
"Huh?"
"You know, like the ones you just entered. Well, six months ago. The ruin which had remnants of Asmodeus."

"Ruins that old?"
"Yep."
"No. None that I can think of. There was one in Ulgrassia. Ramiris made it her base back then."

I see. Ulgrassia. I don't know which one it is, but I guess it's worth a try.

"Well then, I will be taking my leave. Keep an eye on Dagruel." I say.
"I will."

As soon as I hear a reply, I walk away. I could go back to Shizue and the kids, but they were having a lot of fun, so I guess I shouldn't intrude. Even Hinata seems to be enjoying herself.

I guess I should give Ulgrassia a visit.

----------------------

Hope you guys liked it.