CH-80

A few minutes ago.....

Rimuru's POV

As I look at the screen, Ultima uses a large nuclear attack. My partner told me that it is called Nuclear Flame. This attack was fundamentally different than the nuclear attack I know of. Especially regarding the after effect. Instead of radioactivity being left, it causes a state where magicules are highly unstable and if disturbed, they convert directly into energy. Though the magicules in the surrounding get completely used up, the magicules from the surrounding come in and replace the used up magicules.

"Just who are these demons?" Benimaru asked completely exhausted.
"They are the demons who Diablo brought with him." I reply.
"No. I understand that. But that doesn't explain this." Benimaru says poining towards the Death Streak that Testarossa was about to activate.

"*sigh* Do you know about primordial demons?"
"Primordial demons, is it, Rimuru-sama? If I am not wrong, aren't they supposed to be the most ancient demons, who lead the demons?" Shuna answered.
"That's right, Shuna. And, Diablo, along with those three are the primordial Black, White, Yellow and Purple. Diablo, why don't you explain it in detail to Benimaru."
"Of course, milord."
"Alright, while you do that, I will go and do a small errand." I say as I get up and teleport to where Testa and Ultima were.

After absorbing the tanks, I found that they were badly made. True, the fact that they could be used without any danger of it exploding on itself is quite a feat, it still has a lot of drawbacks. I mean, even without Raphael, I can suggest atleast 7 to 8 major upgrades to make them more useful.

I then teleport back to the labyrinth. I can feel souls beingboffered to me. I guess these would have some use.

"Ah! Rimuru-sama, you are back. Really, of we had someone this strong, you should have told me." Benimaru said.
"Hahaha. Sorry, sorry."

Just as I was watching the replay of the war, and everyone performance, Raphael gave me a report.

[Report. The amount of souls received is 240,000. The necessary conditions have been fulfilled. Master can now evolve any of the following subordinates:-
1)Ranga
2)Benimaru
3)Shion
4)Gabiru
5)Geld
6)Diablo
7) Testarossa
8)Ultima
9)Carrera
10)Adalmann
11)Zegion
12)Kumara

Do you want to create a soul corridor?]

No. I fell asleep while evolving, didn't I? It would be better to keep that for later. Also, there are quite a few more souls coming our way.

Now that I think about it, shouldn't Souei and Valora be qualified as well?

[Notice. The conditions regarding the evolution of Souei is unclear, but for Valora, permission from Veldora would be required as she belongs to his lineage.]

Wait, so Valora's permission herself wouldn't be sufficient?

[That is correct. It can also be thought as how Benimaru, or any other person in your lineage, cannot be awakened without your permission.]

'I see. I guess that makes sense. But, I really doubt which one is the head of the lineage.' I think facing towards Veldora, who is being scolded by Valora for his misconduct. I particularly don't mind that. In reality, this is something that has been true everywhere. The strong bend, and at some times even break the rules without any repercussion.

Let's wait till we defeat this army before evolving. I wonder how Guy will react to this. Just as I was thinking about what to do, Carrera barged in.

"Rimuru-sama, I want to fight as well. Please order me to go to the frontline." Carrera screamed.
"Both Ultima and Testarossa have been telling about all they did."

Looks like she is getting jealous. I have quite a few battle-obsessed subordinates.

"Don't worry. You will get your chance. And unlike them, you will have all the opponents to yourself. So sit tight."
"That's right. Carrera-dono, let's wait for our chance." Geld said as he entered.

"That's right. You all will get to show your power now. So don't disappoint me."
"Hai."
"Veldora, Ramiris. It is your time to shine."
"Don't worry Rimuru. Leave everything to me. Kwahahaha." Veldora said.
"That's right. That's right. Leave everything to me and Mentor."

The city was already inside the dungeon. I don't want to bring Shizue or the kids into this war. But a part ofe wants Shizue to take part. If she does take part, then I am sure she will evolve. Yet, I guess it's better if she stays with the kids.

I had some doubts that the Imperial Army might just skip Tempest and attack Falmuth straight up. That would be troublesome as Falmuth is not exactly in a position to wage war. But if they did do so, we could have pincered them.

Fortunately, the Empire's aim was the labyrinth. If we fight inside the labyrinth, we can effectively make sure that there are no casualties on our sides.
The door to the labyrinth was quite large. It was to make it easy for the army to enter.

"Alright. Veldora, Ramiris. It's your time to shine."
"Yep. Leave everything to me and Mentor."
"That's right Rimuru. I will show them the might of the Storm Dragon. Kwahahaha."

As they say so, they both left the room. This will be the first job for Veldora, not sure whether he will get a chance 0r not though. As I look through the screen, it seems that the army is preparing to enter the dungeon. Let's see how long they will survive.

3rd Person POV

General Calgurio was having the moment of his life. Not only was he going to defeat Veldora, he was about to conquer the labyrinth, rumored to be filled with treasures. The only thing that he didn't like was letting Gastar take the head of Gazel Dwargo, but he gave up, thinking it was a necessary 'carrot' to give and he cannot only give the 'stick' to his subordinates.

"Have we received any reports?"
"No. None after that report from General Faraga, sir."
"Tch. He should send some report at least."

The last report that he had received was from General Faraga. It stated that they had come across a monster that could have been Veldora. But after that, there was no connection. Calgurio assumed this was because of the high magicule density and decided to give up and focus on the labyrinth in front of them.

Calgurio and his officers were blinded by the greed. The fact that they decided to go into the labyrinth without a single plan other than over-runing it with sheer numbers proves this fact. Calgurio didn't care much about fame. All he cared was wealth and status. Defeating the demon lord and taking over the dungeon was surely something that would make him a lot of wealth.

On the other hand, the labyrinth. It never denies anyone entry. But now, all the safety criteria have been removed. Only now will the Imperial Army face the labyrinth in its true form, a living hell.

In a room deep inside the labyrinth, the main people of the labyrinth were having a meeting. The people in the room, aka, the Lords of the Labyrinth, are the one who will decide the fate 9f the Imperial Army. Not, whether they live or die, but how much suffering they will face before dying.

---------------------

I hope you guys enjoyed.