CH-27 Tempest Festival Day 2 & 3

Rimuru's POV

Today was the official beginning of the Festival. I gave a pretty boring speech. I made sure to keep it short. A slight introduction of myself, briefing the major laws and punishment upon breaking them. It was about a minute long. I used to give speeches in military back in my world, so it's no big deal.

Once I got down, I went to the kids.
"So you really were a king." Kenya said.
"I told you" I said flicking his forehead, "You should trust your sensei."
After that we looked around for a bit and met Hinata.
"Oi Hinata. Could you do me a favor?"
"Oh Rimuru. What is it?"
"Ne, sensei, who is this old-" before Kenya could finish his line a blade was just touching his neck. Of course it wouldn't have gone further as I had my sword ready to intercept. Our swords were a millimeter apart. So she had intended to stop regardless. Kenya just fell back on his butt.
"I-I mean this-this beautiful lady."
"*sigh* you really shouldn't talk that way to a girl you know. Anyway, she is your senpai as a student of Shizue. She is Hinata."
"You are the guardian of humanity?"
"I always looked up to you."
The children flocked at her. I let out a smile while looking at this.
"I see that you all like Hinata quite a fair bit, so why don't you look around with her. Here, I will give you this."
I give them all a pendant. "This pendant has a top value usage of 100 gold coins. They can be used at any shop so enjoy yourselves. But make sure not to spend it all on one day." I say.
"I will take care of them." Hinata said and came closer and whispered, "Meanwhile, you take care of Ruminas-sama for me."
"Okay"

I say that and go towards the labyrinth. Today is mostly free for me so I decided to do something that I had been waiting for. Reviving Shizue.

I went to Ramiris's room. She was busy reading mangas. Is she really going to do any research?
"Hey Ramiris, I wanted to summon a spirit. Is it possible, right now?"
"Hmm? It should be. You are already have a spirit, so who is it for?"
"A friend of mine. I will be back in an hour."
"Okay."

After that I went back to my room and reconstructed her body, atleast enough to hold out in her youth for a month or two. I then placed her soul in it and also informed of everything going on in this world for the time she had died.

After a few seconds, I took her out of the void and placed her on my bed. She then slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. She stood up and bowed, "Thank you for fulfilling my wishes Rimuru-san."
"You don't need to thank me. I had my own reasons. And now they are my students as well."
"I see. This body?"
"I have seperated Ifrit. Let's go to Ramiris and get you a spirit."
On the way I met Shuna who questioned who she was but I told her that I would tell everyone together so she needs to wait. I told her to make everyone come to my office in about 2 hours. Shizue took her time looking around. She had never been to a festival so this was new to her. Nobody realized who she was as she was not wearing her mask or cloak. Just casual wear. After some time we finally reached the labyrinth. Ramiris then guided us to the spirit summoning room. The room remained the same as it was before.

Shizue then went in front of the spirit stone to pray. I wonder if she will summon a superior spirit. Just as she started praying a superior fire spirit appeared. She was also called 'Ifrit' but had a different gender. I wonder if spirits of all elements have different gender.
'Not only gender but even amongst superior spirits there are new born spirits like the one inhabiting Kenya which is only a few hundred years old to someone like me who has been living for a few thousand years.' Val informed me.

I see. The spirit then inhabited her. I could have named the spirit but decided against it. It would be better if Shizue names it and forms a deeper connection with it. Her strength would be less then Youm's but her skills in sword should make up for it. I guess she is not as strong as she was before she died but she has a lot of potential now. A few weeks of training her body should allow her to get stronger. I then told Hinata to bring the kids to my room after dinner via thought communication. After that me and Shizue went back to my room. Everyone was already present there.

"Everyone, I would like you to meet Shizue. She is a friend of mine, so I hope you will treat her well."
They all nodded. Shuna was the first to start talking with her and soon everyone was caught up in it. After dinner I was outside the room while Shizue was inside. Hinata and the children came towards me.
"This castle really is quite big and beautiful. " Hinata said.
"Thank you. I have a surprise for you all. Go inside." I said pointing towards the door. As soon as I said that I started moving away from the room. I could see their confused stares at me,except for Chloe, and once they entered I could hear a light scream and sobbing from behind due to my superior hearing. I decided to leave them alone. I had told Shizue to say that she was just staying here to the children searching for a way to save them. She would tell the truth to Hinata at a later time. She would also be a great sparring partner for Shizue to get back in form.

The next day

Today, we held a concert and a show to display our scientific discoveries. At the same time preliminaries for the tournament starting tomorrow was taking place. Shizue decided to spend the entire festival with her students. She later on met with Yuuki as well.

First, all of the major guests were led to the concert. I could also see Ruminas disguised as a maid. Does she have a fetish or what? Anyway I decided to ignore her. The band that came first played quite a old music. Somewhere from 1980s. After that came a few more bands and lastly an hour long play. It consisted of quite a few anime songs which were mixed with each other to play in perfect harmony. Even I am surprised that Raphael could do this. Though I personally believe that this is a waste of her abilities.
<I completely agree.>
>Then why did you do it?<
< ....I thought it would be better to do something new for once.>
>I see. Why the long silence though?<
>Now you stay silent. Great.<

While I was listening, Yuuki and Hinata were glaring at me. Shizue was unable to understand what was happening. Well, she was summoned when she was young, quite young. Also, I dont think anime were being made that early.

Next we had to take a tour of the research center of Vesta and Gabil. I understand very little on this topic. Well, it mainly stated that the healing potion was made from hipokute leaves. But these hipokute leaves were just normal grass that had absorbed magicules. Also, how potions could be used to treat weapons as well, though it was inefficient. After that, everyone was free to do whatever they wanted so they decided to go and enjoy. Me? I had paperwork to do. Even if a festival is going on, the paperwork doesn't stop. I could, of course, keep them for later but I had rather do it now than let it pile up. Suddenly Shuna came into my office.
"Rimuru-sama, it appears that Ruminas-sama wants to meet you."
"Is that so? Bring her here."
"Understood."

After some time, Ruminas entered my room.
"You are quite diligent to be working, even though there is a festival going on."
"I have to do this. I just decided to do it now rather than later on. So why did you come here?"
"I actually liked the concert a lot. So I wanted to ask if you would come to Ruberios later on for the play again. Also the research was interesting. I am sure my underlings can learn a lot from it."
"A cultural exchange huh? That's alright. Well, if I am coming to Ruberios I will bring Chloe as well. She will be able to get back her body as well."
"Okay."
Is she not concerned at all. I am going to take away a true hero from her. If that wasn't enough, her fetish should also be against it. I wonder what she is thinking.
---------
Meanwhile in Ruminas's mind 'Once she gets back her body, I will do.......'
(Author here. Unfortunately I cannot tell more about her fetish as I will keep this book for all age groups. But I am sure we tensura lovers all know what she is thinking
---------

She then sent Gunther to Nightgarden for some preparation.
"Also, I would like to send some vampires here to learn about your technology."
"Hoh? Why do you think I will teach them?"
"Of course, because I will give you something in return."
"I see."
Then we continued to discuss the technological advances of both our countries. The vampires seem to be quite advanced. At the present time we are more advanced in military but they seem to be advanced in technology for daily life. I decided to accept them and return send my own researchers there along with the skill. The fact that she had to start the negotiations gave me quite a bit of advantage.

"So, I assume that is all, Rimuru."
"Yep."
"So about the skill I am giving you, it is skill of faith and favor."
She then explained the skill in detail. The skill was surprisingly easy to master. Well, it was not something I had to do alone. This skill would allow my subordinates to use a bit of my power in the form of holy magic. So holy magic need not be directed towards someone holy or god but to anyone he has complete trust in. After that we went on our ways and I went to bed.

-----------------------
That's it. I hope you guys enjoy. Please like and follow me.