Ch-102

Rimuru's POV

Nearly a day has passed since I departed for Ingrassia. It is evening right now, and the following light of Ingrassia could be seen far away. We were about to reach the city, so it wouldn't take a lot of time to reach there. In reality, if a king were to move, he would bring escorts. But I didn't. I mean, Testarossa is more than enough. And if needed, I can use the demons of her lineage.

The only problematic thing left would be those stupid representatives. I know the representatives from a few countries. I have a good relation with them, but, for the others, I can't be so sure.

As we enter Ingrassia, not a lot of fuss happens. Very few people were entering the city, and those who were, were adventurers returning back. Unlike my old world, this world rides with the sun, and sleeps at sunset. Night activities are not that famous. Going to casinos or bars is the only source of entertainment.

We quickly make our way towards the inn, and the day for me comes to an end. While preparing for tomorrow's conference, I went to sleep, or so everyone was told. In reality, after reaching the inn, I used illusion magic and teleported outside the Church in Ruberios. There is something very important I need to confirm right now with Ruminas.

As I walk into the church, I see that the priests and nuns were still there. I walk to a nearby holy knight, and hand him a letter.

"Sir, would you be kind enough to give this letter to the leader of the Ten Great Saints, Hinata Sakaguchi-sama." I say in a time that a normal human would address someone with his position.

"Huh? Do you really think someone like Hinata-sama has time to read nonsense from someone like you?" He asked back, which is a completely valid point.

"But this is of utmost importance. If you don't give this to Hinata-sama and she gets to know about it, then even God Ruminas may not be able to save you."

As if remembering something, he took the letter from me and said," You better not be lying." After that he left and I could only see his silhouette slowly merge into the darkness.

Hinata's POV

My daily excercise has come to an end. I had finished patrolling and was about to end my day. Usually I would continue my training in the night as well, but once every week I will go to sleep. This body doesn't need sleep, but, I still get mentally tired. Just as I was mentally unwinding myself, a knight came running towards me.

"Hinata-sama, someone gave me this message, saying it was very important." The knight said while handing me a letter. Who would write me a letter? Everyone who might contact me can do so with thought communication.

I open the letter after making sure there was no magical signature on it. At least it is not booby-trapped. I take the letter out and read it. The light was dim, but my eyes had grown accustomed to it, so I could read pretty well.

How are you Hinata? I hope you are fine. Sorry to disturb you this late, but there is something important I need to discuss with you and Ruminas. I hope you will understand. Once again, I apologise for the inconvenience, but it really is important. I hope you understand.

-A friendly demon lord.
Rimuru Tempest

Something important? I wonder what it is?

"Lead the way." I tell him.
"Hai."

By the way, he said someone, right? So he didn't know about Rimuru's identity? But I am sure every knight knows about him. Rather, he is so famous that anyone should be able to recognise him. Well, he might be using illusion magic, so I guess that explains it.

The knight leads me to the centre of the church. The public church, open to the populace. The priests were cleaning the church, and amongst them was someone I had never seen before. He had normal black eyes and black hair, and a strong build. He was a bit shorter than his original height.

The knight leads me to the man.
"He is the one." The knight said.
"Alright. You are dismissed."

The knight simply bowed and left. The priests cleaning the church also took their leave quietly and I was left alone with Rimuru.

"So? Why did you come here?" I ask him.
"I told you in the letter, right? I will tell both you and Ruminas together."

"Fine, follow me." I say as I lead him to a room.

'Ruminas-sama. There is something I want to talk to you about.'
'Hmm? If it isn't Hinata? Do you want me to spoil you? Are you in the mood to do it? To think you would call for me, this late at night. Hinata-chan sure had gotten bold.'
'That's not what I- . Whatever. Demon Lord Rimuru is here. He said that he had something important to discuss with you.'
'Important? We just meet at the Walpurgis. What could be have to-. Oh. Nevermind. It must be something he can't say in front of others. Fine. I am coming. Tell him to wait.'
'Understood.'

"Done talking to Ruminas?"
"Yes." I say and we continue walking.

Wait. How did he know I was talking to Ruminas-sama?

I quickly turn to look at him. Seeing me stare at him, he told his heads in confusion.

"How did you know I was talking to Ruminas-sama?"
"Your face gave it out. You suddenly made a disgusted face, and then you're expression changed as if you had given up."

"I-I see." Looks like I will have to learn to control my expressions.

We finally reach the room I was taking him to. We enter and take a seat and wait for some time. While we were waiting, Rimuru took out some documents and started reading them.

"What are those?" I ask.
"Nothing. Just some papers for tomorrow's meeting. You will be coming as well right?"
"Yes. Now that I think about it, how did you know I was in Ruberios and not in Ingrassia?"

"Gut feeling." He replied without looking up from the documents.
"Gut feeling?"
"Yep. Gut feeling."
"As if you would do something just on your gut feeling."

"What are you saying? In fights, your gut feeling will be the only thing that won't abandon you. Your logic might fail you. Your thinking might fail you. But your gut feeling will never."

"Are you telling th-" I was about to ask something, but he interrupted me.
"Yes. From experience." He said, answering my question before I even asked it.

A strange silence spread across the room. This silence was only broken by the fluttering of the documents and moving of the poem done by Rimuru.

"You sure do work hard." I say trying to break this awkward silence.

"I have to. Unlike my siblings, I was not talented in such stuff. Unlike them, who were talented in politics and internal affairs, I only had talent in military control. Unlike their talents, my talent only brought suffering to the world. So, I have to work hard, just to be able to see their backs, let alone catch it."

Halfway through, the conversation became a bit dark. I guess he realised that, so he changed the topic as well.

Just then, Ruminas-sama walked in. Rimuru just summoned black vortexes which devoured all the documents.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Ruminas-sama said as she say down beside me. I tried to stand up, but she just held my hand, not allowing me to stand.

"Do you want to be stronger?" Rimuru asked.
"Huh? What type of question is that? Of course I want to be stronger. Especially after what we discussed at the Walpurgis."

Huh? What happened at the Walpurgis?

"Is that so? That's good. I have a way for you to get stronger." Rimuru said.

-------------------------------

I hope you guys liked it. My school's open and vacations have ended. So I don't know if I will be able to keep up this upload schedule, but I will try.