CH-73

Today is finally the day for Hikari's birthday. A list of gifts were prepared for her, but there is something that I had to give her myself, so I decided to keep it with myself until I get to have a meeting with her.

The party started somewhere around six in the evening. It appears that the nobles of Hyme got to have a meeting with Hikari first. It appears that there are other cities underwater as well. Each of these cities is ruled by a noble house.

But, they are unable to expand because creating an air bubble like this one is an 'ancient magic' as they say. I am sure Luna can create an air bubble, but maintaining it would be a pain, and if she lost her control over her feelings, the air bubble could be lost.

Hikari was sitting on a small throne made especially for her. Beside her, Luna was sitting acting as a guardian and a parent at the same time. As the different nobles were greeting the birthday girl, I just stood in the side and looked at their exchange. They seem to be pretty close with each other. I guess that makes sense. For such a long living race who can only depend on each other in case of an emergency, it is obvious they will deepen their relationship.

I cannot hear their conversation no matter how much I try, so I guess they have applied a sound absorbing barrier. After some time, all the nobles had talked to the girl of the day, and Elmesia was the first one to get to meet Hikari officially. Now that I notice, apart from me, Gazel and Elmesia, and our respective entourage, no one else from the surface was invited.

Gazel was busy talking with someone. If I am not wrong he was the head of the technology department of Hyme. Looks like Gazel will do anything to get more types of technology under his belt.

After some time, Elmesia finally decided to leave Hikari alone. They had put a barrier to prevent anyone from seeing what was happening inside halfway through, mainly because Elmesia was treating Hikari as a cute little toy. After Elmesia it was finally my turn.

Once I get close to them, I can feel that i passed through a barrier.
"Happy Birthday Hikari."
"I am grateful to have your blessing."
"No need to be so formal. Nobody can hear us anyway."
"But.."
"Why not just do what he said." Luna said. It was only then that she finally agreed. Such a well-mannered girl. If only Veldora could learn something from her.

"Anyways, I want to give you something." I say as I take out a small ball like structure from my stomach.
"You see, in my world, giving gifts on birthdays was a sort of practice. Of course, I have sent a lot of other gifts as well, but this is something that I wanted to give you by myself."
"And that is?" She said looking curiously at the ball.

I smile and let the magic ball do its work. This is a device that Raphael had made. It was a large scale barrier that can be used to prevent specific things from entering or exiting the barrier. Of course, it used to be much larger in my world, but with the help of magic, it was made much smaller and compact.

As Hikari was looking at the ball. It's outer layer divided into four and moved spherically outwards, revealing a bright red orb in the centre. The entire ball was floating in the air, so I pushed the ball into her hands.

"This is a large scale barrier. It can help you protect a large area. It can even withstand a full power attack by a true dragon, but only once. It would need to recharge after that."

Hikari's eyes went wide when I told her how strong it was. Well, it could handle Veldora's power, but I am not sure about her sisters. Scorch Dragon, Velgrynd should be weakened inside an ocean, but the same couldn't be said for the Frost Dragon, Velzard.

"Rimuru, isn't that.." Luna asked.
"Hmm?"
"The barrier around our cities. It is also maintained by something like that. The people who built it used to call it the 'Obsidian'. Could it be related to it."

Obsidian?

"Wait. Does the barrier run on something other than magic?"
"Hm? Yes. It runs on something called elektrivity, or was it eletrivity?"
"Electricity?"
"Yes. That."
"I see. Then the machine you are using is not from this world."
"I know. It was made by otherworlders. But to think you are form the same world as them."
''By the way, this can be used in the same way as those 'Obsidian'. But, instead of electricity, it runs on magicules in the air. Also, whatever you do, you must no let anyone touch the core, alright?"
"Huh? Why? Is it delicate?"
"Yes. It is extremely delicate. Obsidian is a rock found near volcanic regions. Form the outside it looks extremely hard and smooth, but in reality it is quite fragile."
"I see. I will keep good care of these."
"I hope you do. Then I will take my leave."

I then stood up and glanced at Hikari. She was busy fiddling around with the barrier I gave to her as if it was a toy.

As I leave Gazel made his way to meet Hikari. He had eyes as if he was going to get the most important thing in his life. Just how much does Gazel love technology?

<I wonder how he would react when he gets to know how humanity had conquered the cosmos in Master's old world.>

I know, right? But conquering is not the correct word, you know. We held a lot of it under us, yet we knew very little of it.

Wait! Wait..... Raphael?

<Yes?>

Did you just initiate conversation on your own?

<Does Master not like it? If so then->

No. No. I was just surprised. You never usually initiate a conversation. But, I like it better this way. This makes me think that I am closer to my aim.

<?>

Nothing. Nothing at all.

The rest of the party continued without any major events. Unlike my previous world, there was no such thing as cutting a cake to celebrate a birthday.

Ultima was talking with Luna and Hikari. It appears that Luna and Ultima knew each other. Meanwhile, for Hikari, the closest in age to her was Ultima, at least according to her, so they became friends and Ultima was dragged along with Hikari. But, from my soul corridor with her, I knew she was not hating it.

Meanwhile Veyron and Zonda were just following the two around along with some other maids to stop them. While I was witnessing all of this, Luna came beside me.

"Why in the corner?"
"Who knows? Maybe just a habit of mine."
"Such a waste. Someone as handsome as you should be the center of the stage."
"Flattery won't get you anywhere. Besides, for today, Hikari is the center of the stage."

As I say that, we both looked towards Hikari who was now running around the garden outside the castle along with Ultima, through the window.

"*sigh* So? What did you come to talk about?"
"Ara? Can't I come to talk you about small things?"
"You can, but you wouldn't. You don't appear to be that type of a person."
"Mou.. You need to be kinder with you words, you know. Or else women will hate you, you know."
"You don't need to worry about that."
"*sigh* I came here to tell you this, there is a lot of this world you don't know. Even I, who personally knew GOD don't know much about it. But, it is far more complicated than you can think."

"So?"
"This world is not a chess board."
"I know. It is a game of war and tactics."
"Is that so? I have told you all you need to know."

She then leaves. Of course this game isn't chess. Unlike chess, where you will sacrifice your pawn to save the queen, in this world, I cannot sacrifice anything. No. I will not sacrifice anything. I will make sure that a tragedy like that doesn't happen again. Ever again.

After that, the party slowly came to an end. The next day we went back to Tempest. Nothing of note had happened for the three days I had been gone. But, the war with Empire is on the horizon.

--------------------

I hope you guys liked it.