CH-74

Six months have passed since I returned from Hyme. The Empire is yet to take any major steps, but from how things are progressing, it is easy to see that we will be forced to fight a war in less than a year. Usually I would strike first, but the fact that I have already failed 14 times is something that's surprising. I made up as many attack plans as I could, but there was only 13 ways of attacking that I found probable.

So, I guess I will be on the defensive. Maybe cou ter and deal some damage to them. But the fact is, that Rudra doesn't seem to care much about his people if he sent a million people to fight Veldora.

I got some inside information regarding the Empire with the help of an underground organization 'Cerebrus'. It was attacked by Masayuki just before the Festival. They stopped their work temporarily but resumed later on. It seems that it was headed by Yuuki. One of the three heads of Cerebrus, Damrada had a lot of information. The amount of information he had was pretty suspicious, but it didn't contradict with anything that Moss had gathered.

He might be someone under Rudra's control, but Yuuki and Damrada had known each other for more than 10 years. So I believe that he is not against Tempest. Speaking of Yuuki, he sent a few people over from the Empire. First was a group of youngsters led by Shinji. He had an interesting skill which allowed him to play around with microscopic organisms. The reason I say play is because he has no idea how to properly use it. My clones, without any unique skill is more effective than his unique skill. That should prove the difference in skill to use it.

Secondly, he sent an old man named Gadra. He is the teacher of Razen, who is currently helping Youm to rule. He is also an old friend of Adalmann. He is a complete maniac when it comes to learning magic. Ramoris's magic golem caught his fancy and he decided to become the guardian of the 60th floor after a series of incidents. Diablo also used 《Dominate》 on him to make sure he wasn't lying or would betray us in the future.

Other than that, nothing major regarding Tempest occurred. The Empire had started moving around the border of former Clayman's territory. Milim suggested to take action against this, but I told her not to. As in this world, there is nothing that seperated two territories like a boundary, we could easily say that they had invaded, but this would have more troubles as I would no longer have total command over the army.

The war that was supposed to Empire vs Tempest would become Empire vs Milim's territory. Meaning that Milim would become the head of the army. This would be unpredictable for me, as Milim is no less of a troublemaker than Veldora.

So, right now I am in the control room in the dungeon. With me is Benimaru. With the help of Argos I can see the battlefield just like how a satellite would show.

Currently I was looking at the Imperial Army. They had slowly moved towards our border and finally breached it. Unlike most other countries, Temoest has a clear outlined border. A whit line approximately fifty feet wide demarcated Tempest's boundary. This wasn't all for aesthetic reason either. It served a purpose as well. Just below this line is a wall nearly 50 meters tall with many artilleries and turrets. For now, I want to keep these hidden if possible.

Raphael had made anti-army machines which were at the pinnacle of not only magic, but scientific technology as well.

The army invading Tempest was an army of old-fashioned tanks. They are still used? I thought they were only for display. But then again, people from the early 21st century were summoned here. I guess at that time these would be one of the strongest weapons.

Meanwhile, nearly 700,000 thousand soldiers were marching towards the connecting land between Dwargon and Tempest. I guess they want to prevent any reinforcements from Dwargon reaching Tempest.

I looked at the screen showing Dwargon. The tanks were lined up about thirty kilometers in front of the entrance. Looks like their most convenient range is thirty kilometers.

"I have already sent Gabil and Gobta as reinforcements, but I guess I should talk to Gazel once more to make sure no confusion ensues."

The last thing I want is infighting. To prevent this, me and Gazel had come to a solution. Tempest forces would be free and attack the legion, meanwhile the Dwargon forces would focus on defense.

I then use my contact device, aka, computer, made by the one and only Vesta to connect to Gazel.

"Hello? Is Gazel there?" I ask.
"Um. Please wait a minute. We will ask for King Gazel's attention."

In less than two minutes, Gazel came on the line.

"I just called for a final confirmation."
"Ah yes. I was about to contact you for that as well. Also, the Eastern gate is also blockaded."

As expected. I heard from Gadra that it was the legion led by Yuuki. In the past year, I have never tried to initiate a connection to Yuuki. The reason for this is simple. Kondo. He does the same work as Souie or Moss. There is a high chance he would never catch me. But I don't want to take any unneeded risk and foil the entire plan.

"I see. As I said, just stand off against the army. It should not attack."
"I see. We, of Dwargon, will not initiate an attack. That has always been a part of our heritage. But you have no need to follow that. What are you going to do?"
"The Empire has invaded my territory. As such, I will make sure to show them what happens to those who don't follow my rules in my territory. Today, right now, I declare war on the Empire."

"Haha. That's good. To make things clear, we, Dwargon, left all the negotiations to Tempest. If Tempest is to enter a state of war with the Empire, then Dwargon, as an ally of Tempest, would support it."

I recorded this as a proof of support of Dwargon.

"Well, take care. Regarding these Magic Tanks, we have no data on them. So, make sure you take proper precautions against them."
"No need to worry about that. There were things like these in my previous world. I have some information on them."

I don't have much information on them, but I do know a few ways to take them out. The best would be a hit and run strategy. They are good at bombing, but highly inefficient when it comes to attacking a single target.

"Then, I will send someone to state the declaration of war. I am someone who upholds rules, unlike the king of Farmuth."

Now. Who should I send? Gabil is out of the options. Similarly, Gobta is not a choice either. He is too cowardly. That leaves only Testarossa, I guess. Now that I think about it, Testarossa does help me quite a fair bit in my work as well. Her work load must be quite large, especially with the Western Council.

Recently things have calmed down. Testa no longer goes for the monthly meetings, instead, Cien is sent. I guess she really deserves some rewards for her effort. Thinking as such, I use my thought communication to contact Testarossa.

-----------------------

I hope you guys liked it.