CH-87

3rd Person POV

Carrera, who had been floating right above the second Corps, was busy thinking about how to best start this battle. One of her subordinates, Agera, had gone to strike a deal with the Imperial Forces, but in reality, Carrera hoped they wouldn't surrender, because if they did, Carrera wouldn't get to go all out. Testarossa and Ultima kept bragging on and on about what they did, and she did not wanted to be left behind.

So, as soon as Agera came back, the first thing she asked was the Empire's response.

"No, Carrera-sama. They didn't give a reply, but the chances that they will surrender is low."
"Is that so? Then let me annihilate them with my magic."

Then came a scene that was very similar to how a grandfather would teach his granddaughter. Agera, wh had been serving Carrera for eons, knew how suicidal it was. Even giving advise to a primordial is done at your own discretion, and that you will come out alive, is no guarantee, even if you are a demon Duke. Yet, Carrera had a liking for him, yet he safer, than most. When Agera was in the middle of explaining how 'Rimuru would be troubled' by her behaviour, the Imperial Army made their move.

"Hey Agera, they are moving already Can't we start yet?" Even though she asked a question, it was more of a order.

"Hai. I did give them an hour, but I didn't forbid them from moving before that timeframe."
"Well, then, you will not stop me now will you?"
"No. Not at all, Lady Carrera."

With this Carrer gave a satisfactory smile and started to prepare the most destructive magic in her entire arsenal. This magic wasn't something that was supposed to be used when you are on a planet, but Carrera didn't care. It was great that Carrera had limited her range, or else the effects of the magic would have been catastrophic.

Within a few seconds, Carrera unleashed a fearful magic, which only few can even dream to understand, let alone do it, Gravity Collapse.

Due to this magic, most of the Imperial Soldiers in the area under its effect, became nothing more than splashes on the ground, just like how insects look when squished below someone's feet.

Nearly 20,000 soldiers managed to survive. But seeing this showcase of brutality only made them fight harder, to give them even a glimmer of hope that they will survive.

Geld, and his men, created a lond iron clad defense and took the full brunt of the remaining Imperial Army without being pushed back at all.

Now, the battle had been decided. Yet, the only question remaining was how long the Imperial Forces would last. It wasn't only Tempest's forces which were fighting this war. Reinforcements from Eurazania had also come, led by Albis. These Beastmen forces were not a joking matter at all. In fact, they were strong enough to not only hold their own against the right flank of the Imperial Army, they were able to push them back as well.

Meanwhile, Momiji led her troops on the left flank to completely devastate the battlefield. Both Momiji and Albis wanted to show their worth as the wives of Benimaru, the military head of Tempest. And both managed to do just that magnificently.

On the right flank, Albis achieved a complete tactical victory. On the other side of the battlefield, Momiji killed all the soldiers with a large scale magic, Rose of Death. It was a large flower made of flames, burning at thousands of degrees. Anyone, who was lucky enough to be less than a few hundred feet away from it, died a relatively quickly and peaceful death. Meanwhile, the unlucky ones were scorched to a crisp, slowly and painfully.

Main Army Camp..

Calgurio was looking outside the camp as he saw a spectacle he never thought he would see in his life.

Suddenly, an aide rushed in.
"General Calgurio. That magi-"
"Don't say anything. I know. That is..... what the old man was researching."
"Sir?"
"Old man Gadra. He was researching about nuclear magic, wasn't he?"
"S-Sir? Are you saying that that magic is..."
"That's right. How else can we describe it?"

Hearing this response from their leader, the tent succumbed to chaos. People were divided into two polar opinions. There were those who understood the gravity of the situation, and gave up on any chance of surviving. Meanwhile, the other half lost all of their thinking capabilities. Their mind tried to diverge and look away from the impending doom by trying to understand the pinnacle of magic in front of them. But this chaos did not ensue for long.

Just as the left and the right flank had been destroyed, Diablo made his move. To fulfill his master's wishes, he made sure to not let anything go awry.

Silently, a man dressed in butler outfit entere the tent.
"Kukuku. I thought things would be much more grimmer here, but it looks like you guys are enjoying yourself." Diablo said as he entered.

"Who are you?"
"How did you enter?"
"What about the guards outside?"

"Silence!" Diablo said. Everyone quieted down. Diablo had not released any of aura. Atleast not inside the tent. That was just how domineering he is.

"Now then. Allow me to answer your questions. I am Diablo, a lowly servant of my master, Demon Lord Rimuru. Secondly, I only strolled inside, as there was no one to stop me. And lastly, about the guards outside, they are all dead."

Diablo said so without any emotions in his tone. This only instilled more fear in the hearts of the Imperials.

"As for what I am here for, I have come to kill you all on my Master's order."

Just as Diablo finished speaking, a man jumped at him at a speed way beyond human comprehension, yet to Diablo, he was slow, too slow. This man, was none other than Krishna.

Before Krishna could even say anything, his body was forced into the ground by Diablo using Gravity magic.

"Quite lively, aren't you?" Diablo asked in a playful tone.
"You- You bastard."
"Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I guess I should quickly finish before i get going."

As soon as Diablo said that, the heads of all the people started to fall one by one. Calgurio and Krishna could only watch in horror as they were unable to move, waiting for their impending deaths. Yet, that never arrived.

"You are Calgurio? I thought you would be stronger, being the head of the military operation and all. But I guess I was wrong." Diablo stated in a matter of factly tone.

Right now, Calgurio's mind was in a turmoil. Notbonly had he lost all the soldiers he had received from Emperor Rudra, they had managed to gain nothing from this invasion. Death of nearly a million soldiers, in vain.

'How? What should I do now? I need to do something. I can't let this end like this. I need to something.' Calgurio thought.

Calgurio, though greedy, was not incompetent. He knew that his entire plan was wrong. There was no way to correct that. There was only one thing to do. Defeat the demon in front of him and escape.

But that wasn't possible. Not with the weak pathetic state he was in. Right now, when all gates seem to be closed for Calgurio, a miracle happened. It was as if God himself had given Calgurio his support. A bright light surrounded Calgurio.

He evolved from a human sage to a saint. As soon as Calgurio completed his evolution, he felt immense power inside him.

"Hahaha. Now even you can't defeat me. With all this power, no one can stop me." Calgurio started laughing like a maniac. Was it because he instinctively knew that Diablo was stronger and was running away from that fact, or because he finally could see a glimpse of hope, nobody knows, but he had lost his mind.

"It seems that you really have evolved. From a harmless insect to an annoying one." Diablo said, not giving Calgurio any credit.

"You! I will show you my str-" Before Calgurio could even finish, there was a large hole in Calgurio's stomach. Diablo had simply made the air move fast enough to not only penetrate his Armor, but his internal organs as well.

Krishna could only see in horror as Calgurio fell to the ground lifeless. Soon enough his vision went blank and he knew that death was near.

-----------------

I hope you guys liked it. I might start changing a few things now as the ending for tensura is not out yet, i will give it a original ending. Feel free to give me your opinions.