CH-85

Rimuru's POV

As I look at the one sided battle, even I get surprised. True, Zegion had a lot of talent. With Raphael's help, and my scales which are now a part of his body, he should be quite strong. Apito herself was quite strong, but Zegion is on a whole another level. And with Veldora teaching him martial arts, he has only gotten stronger. Why am I talking about this? That is because Zegion had managed to finish the four survivors of the labyrinth in less than a minute.

3rd Person POV

As soon as the four entered the room, they were greeted with darkness. Reiha quickly used an elementary magic to light up her surroundings. In front of them a tall mountain. A mountain of corpses. All the unfortunate soldiers who were teleported to this room had been killed in a single hit, and their piled up, one over the other. And, on top of this hideous abomination was a single being, meditating and floating a bit above the pipe of corpses. This 'being' had pure black Armor, with a horn coming out of the head. His eyes slowly opened to reveal a cluster of small compound eyes.

"Wh-who are you?" Mintz asked.

They had only defeated 7 out of the 10 lords of the labyrinth, so they knew he wasn't the boss of the labyrinth. Yet the power that he exuded was nowhere near the other lords they had fought. They knew that the demon lord was a dragon, yet, the being in front of them had more than enough strength to called a demon lord.

"My name is Zegion. I am just a lowly subordinate of demon lord Rimuru-sama."

It was only now that Mintz came out of a daze. He realised that the being in front of him was a fully evolved insectar. He had only met one of them once, and he knew how powerful they were. Rather, the one they were on highest alert against in the Western Nations was Razul, who was another Insectar.

"Well then, to the only survivors of this labyrinth so far, your only way to escape is to defeat me go forward. Put your utmost efforts and entertan me with your futile attempts." After saying so, Zegion slowly came on the ground in front of them and stood still. He could have attacked, but allowed his foes to make the first move.

Bazan was the first to move. He swung his large axe as he deftly went to attack Zegion. Zegion just stood there calmly and once the attack was about to connect, Zegion used his left arm to subtly change Bazan's trajectory, causing him to fall. But before Bazan's body could touch the ground, his head had already been severed from his body by Zegion, using his other hand.

Seeing her teammate fall so quickly, Reiha remained stunned. Zegion did not let this opportunity go as the next instant, his hand had pierced cleanly through her heart, bringing her life to an end.

"Y-You monster. You killed them." Krishna screamed. He was about to attack him but was stopped by Mintz.
"Calm down. If you rush in now, your fate will be no different than theirs. I will hold him down for a moment. Use that moment to unleash your strongest attack."
"Tch. Very well." Krishna said as he swallowed his anger.

Mintz then unleashed his skill, causing the gravity to converge around Zegion, which should have slowed him down. Seeing this, Krishna rushed at Zegion, using all the mana he had to strengthen his blade, yet, it was all for naught, as Zegion, without even bothering to defend, just sliced off Krishna's head, and before Mintz could do anything, Zegion had proceeded to kill him as well.

And that is how all the intruders met their end.

Rimuru's POV

"So? What do you think Benimaru? Can you defeat him?" I ask.
"To be completely honest, Rimuru-sama, I am not sure. But the chances are not zero." He answered.

"So he was the one you were talking about. I had heard about him, yet this is the first time I have seen in action." Benimaru commented.
"Yep. He is the masterpiece I was talking about."

I am not kidding. With a part of my scale imbued into him, and rigorous training under Veldora, complemented by his innate talent and racial characteristics, he was seriously very strong. Strong enough to give the other demon lords a good fight. Raphael has already played along with his skills, so I am sure that should tell you just how scary he is.

"I have to say, as expected of Rimuru-sama, and Zegion. Even I had difficulties beating him, and even now, the chances are 50-50. Those three haven't even defeated him even once." Diablo said, which caused Benimaru to question the truth of the statement. He had just seen how strong Testa and Ultima were, so I am sure he has mixed feelings about this.

Anyways, with this, everyone in labyrinth is taken care of.
«Notice. Individual Krishna had a resurrection bracelet, and hence has been revived above ground.»

Oh. Right. If I remember correctly, Gadra had taken two resurrection bracelets with him. One of them was used for research. So the other one was given to Krishna. Very well.

As I was about to decide about what to do with the remaining soldiers, my eyes fell on the screen showing the place where Apito was revived. Beretta was also there.

"Are you alright, Apito." Beretta asked.
"Yes. It's great as always. It feels like nothing happened at all."

Wait. This is concerning. I hope they don't get too attached to this feeling of resurrection.

"Benimaru, have you been training in the labyrinth recently?" I ask him.
"Yes, Rimuru-sama."
"I see. Then let's see how much stronger you have gotten."

I say that as I quickly use my legs to push me upwards from my seat, and anchor my hands onto the handrest of my chair, allowing me gain circular velocity. I then aim straight at his ribs with my kick.

Benimaru was caught off guard but quickly responded by using his left hand to block. Just before I hit him, I stopped myself, but the wind pressure was enough to push him a few steps back, causing him to stumble.

"*Sigh* This is what I was worried of." I say as I go and stand beside him, as he slowly stands up.

"Why did you block my attack? I am sure you had enough time to dodge it. I was especially slow enough to let you dodge."
"B-But-"
"Stop. Listen to me. You do know that if I had not stopped, your arm would be crippled at best, and torn off, if worst?"
"Hai."
"Then why did you defend. You have gotten used to the feeling of pain. You feel as if your injuries would heal. In the labyrinth, you have gotten used to dying. This is not healthy at all. Pain 8s a way for the body to tell you that it is overstraining itself. But, now, you are starting to avoid it. If this had been a real battle, there is no way you would have survived if you had lost your arm so quickly."

Benimaru looks at me, a bit dejected.

"Just get used to fighting outside, and don't let the labyrinth's feature lead you astray. Understood?"
"Hai."

----------------------

I hope you guys like it.