CH-68

"In 2057, a new mission was led to Antarctica. It was led by the son of the two heroes, Shiva. His name was based on one of the Indian Gods. Upon reaching Antarctica, no monsters could be seen. They managed to reach the wormhole within a month, and went through it. They came out in a few hours, but for them more than a few days had passed. It was a wormhole connecting to an ancient civilization which died to these monsters. It was theorized that opening these wormhole and escaping was their last ditch effort, which was in vain. Humans then took over everything they left behind and advanced technology to new heights. All the sci-fi movies you saw were now reality. Till 2070, humans had managed to obtain space travel and colonized thousands of planet with the help of superior firepower, technology and wormhole. Many planets had different lifeforms such as humans, beastfolks, elves and many more. All those which could think and act and talk were called superior species. Shiva, then led to the creation of a new galactic empire under his rule, called the Golden Fang Empire. The name was a tribute to his father who used a golden fang like weapons. Japan also started spreading its influence across the cosmos. From 2070, humanity prospered. Different places had different flows of time, so, even though only 50 years passed on Earth, more than 200 years had passed on planet Somalis, which was the head or capital planet of the Sakura Empire. As the name suggests, this empire was created by one of the Japanese who led the exploration squad. I was the second oldest prince of the Sakura Empire, and my mother was the first princess of the Golden Fang Empire. I had two little siblings and an elder brother. Due to the power struggle,... I killed my brother."

Rimuru hesitated to say it. Yet I am sure. When I looked at Rimuru just before he told us about killing his brother, I could feel bad emotions welling up inside of him. He was not angry about the fact that he killed his brother. It was something else. The dark and ominous feeling was enough to send shivers down my spine.

"So... in my lifetime, I carried out various missions in which I met the dragon. Satisfied now?"
"Can I ask something?" I asked.
"What is it?"
"How strong was that 'Demon'?"
"Now then. Who knows? There is no proper way to transform data of power of that world and this world. But, according to reports, he might be as strong as an awakened demon lord. The only reason humanity won was that he had used up most of his magic in destroying the western countries. He was unable to replenish mana as there was very little of it on Earth. Anything else?"

I look at Hinata and she seems to be deep in thought.

"Nothing then? You should go now. It is about to be dawn."
He said and led us till the door. Hinata just followed absentmindedly as she was busy with other things on her mind.

Both of us then silently left the room and headed to our rooms.

Rimuru's POV

As the two of them go, I sit back down. Tch. I nearlt lost my temper at the end. There is no way I will ever forget what my brother did to her. My fiance died because of him. She died because of him!! But, why? Why? Why did I have to remember it.

<It is all in the past now, Master.>

I guess so. I look around the room. It was completely dark. I am positive that the Sun has risen but there is no light rays entering the room. It was completely dark. I wonder why, but it seems Raphael prefers to remain in a dark place than a brightly lit one. I wonder if was because of my influence.

"So? Are the things done?"
"Hai. All the defensive turrets are now functional and in place. They can only be used with milord's permission. All the other gadgets have also been made. They are currently residing in Master's stomach. Though, the Mobius system is still not complete." Raphael replied as she took a human form.

"I see. That's good. So? How do you like that form?"
"It's given to me by you, Master, so I took very good care of it."

"Really? I gave it to you so I wouldn't mind you use it anyway you want. Also, that didn't answer my question. Fine. Do whatever you want."

I say that and leave the room.

Nearly half a year has passed since then. Hinata and Chloe have more or less accepted what I had told them and moved over it. Not seeingit with your own eyes doesn't leave as much of an impact. Quite a few other things have happened since then.

Firstly, anyone and everyone who entered Tempest had to be screened. This was to prevent spying and information leaks.
Secondly the Empire had started moving supplies to major cities across the border. A war is brewing and I am sure it will be problematic.
Finally, the last problem is the letter in front of me. It is a letter inviting me to Hikari's 8th birthday. I am quite surprised. I thought they wouldn't try to contact me, or anyone else, so this was a surprise. I will have to go and discuss this with Gazel and El-tan and get their opinions. I have no clue about them after all. I heard that they got an invitation each as well.

'Testa, could you come to my office.'
'Of course, Rimuru-sama.'

After some time Testa enters my office.

"What is it, Rimuru-sama?"
"I want you to send an envoy to Dwargon telling them that I will make an official visit."
"Understood. About the reason, what should I.."
"Gazel will understand. So, tell them it is to strengthen our relationship for the masses. Tell them that I will come after a month."
"Understood."

Testa then bows and leaves the room. As soon as Testa leaves, I contact Elmesia with my thought communication.

'El-tan, you free?'
'I am, but don't teleport here.'
'I won't. Who do you think I am!'
'A stalker.'
'Th- i can't deny it, huh?'
'So? What did you want to talk about?'
'It's about the invitation to Hikari's birthday invitation.'
'So you feel that it is odd as well, don't you?'
'Yep. They used to isolate themselves, so why show up in the world now.'
'Is their queen still Luna? We haven't had contact since like forever.'
'Yes. Hyme's queen was Luna. Do you know her?'
'Yes. She had been the queen even when my mother was the queen and I was little. Though I am surprised to know that she had a child. Quite a young one at that.'
'So? Are you attending?'
'Of course. You might not know this, but their military strength is equal if not surpassing us. The fact that they can fight on both land and sea is a threat as well.'
'That is quite surprising. I knew that they were strong but this might be a bit above my expectations.'
'Well, their kingdom is older than Sarion. I suggest that you stay in top behavior in front of them.'

This is the first time I have seen Elmesia so serious. She doesn't know that I already have a treaty with Hyme, does she?

'I will keep that in mind. Anyway, I am going to Dwargon to visit Gazel and see what his opinion is.'
'Alright. I will meet you in a month.'

She didn't joke around or tease me at all. Quite a different personality. But this means there is much more behind Hyme and its history than what can be seen.

----------------------

I hope you guys liked it. A new and original arc begins. Yay. Look forward to it.