CH-60

Velgrynd's POV

It seems like his soul really is gone. Why did you do this brother? Without you, he has gone mad. He is trying to destroy what you created, just to revive you. Should I stop him?

No. If this brings brother back, then this might as well be worth it. With his soul in tatters like this, if someone can do anything, it can only be you, right, brother?

Rimuru's POV

Ruminas just looked at me with a glare.
"Tch." She clicked her tongue. But I didn't care much about it.

"Hahaha. I don't what prompted you to kill Hinata, but you have my thanks, Demon Lord Rimuru."
"Is that so? If you knew why I did that, you would pee your pants, you know."
"Oh my. I am quite scared, then." He said, slightly chuckling.

"Granbell!! You. You wanted a duel, didn't you. Let's end it today then." Ruminas said.
"Very well, Ruminas-sama, no, Ruminas."

Ruminas's heterochromatic red and blue eyes started to glow brighter as her expression changed. She was dead serious now. That's a good expression. So even she can make such a face. Interesting. Well then Ruminas, do show me what you can do when you are serious.

I look around. Shion and Ranga are being cornered but are still able to hold on their own. Shion was so concentrated that she didn't even see the explosion that had taken place. Meanwhile, I was standing in front of the kids. Diablo just returned.

"Diablo, create a barrier and protect the kids. Help Shion and Ranga only if she needs it."

I then moved towards Granbell and Ruminas. Just as I was moving towards them, I felt quite an ominous aura.

Suddenly a loud explosion happened. Again. As the dust settled down, a peerless beauty was standing there. She had a figure that would mesmerize anyone. Truly a thing that could be only seen in dreams. She was standing there completely naked.

"Geez, Granbell. I didn't get paid enough for this. This is way beyond my control. I am leaving. Now. She broke her seal on her own." Yuuki said as he quickly teleported away. But before teleporting away, he looked at me with a face as if challenging me.

"Don't worry about her, Ruminas. I will take care of her. Why don't you fight Granbell and show me your tricks."

I said that and  dashed straight at the hero, Chronoa. As expected, she materialized her sword and blocked me. Instead of going on a counter attack, I waited. Chronoa donned on a spirit armor. I guess that even if she is no longer in control of the body, she still remembers what I taught her.

But why is she not in control?
<It takes time for a soul to completely settle and take control of a body. Even Master's soul took nearly two and a half months before his soul integrated with Master's body.>

Wait. I was in the cave for nearly three months then?
<Affirmative.>
I am surprised nobody attacked me while I was sleeping.

I stop thinking about such things and look at Chronoa. She had black armor and a beautiful rapier equipped. Both of which overshadowed legendary grade weapon. They might just be mythical grade weapon and armor.

I quickly cast 《Absolute Defense》 on my sword and parry Chronoa's attack. It appears that she can break my barrier with every attack, using Absolute Severence. Why is it called Absolute if it can be broken. Well, I can complain later. I am using a lot of magicules to protect my sword. So I decided the best move at the time. To not use my sword.

I quickly create a gap between us and eat my sword. I then activate my dragon scales in my hands and feet. My scales are already as strong as mythical grade, if not stronger. I then continue to parry her attacks. It is easy to predict her attacks as her sword style is quite similar to mine and Shizue's. Yet, the power behind those attacks are devastating.

3rd Person POV

A woman in her early twenties with silky black hair and a face that could charm even those of the same gender as her stood in an open plain.

It might appear as if the person in question was enjoying the calm surrounding her, yet the inside of her mind was in chaos.

Hinata's POV

I am tired. My eyes just refuse to open anymore. I just want to stay in this dark void forever.

I had a good life and loving parents. Yet everything went downhill after my father's company went bankrupt.

If only father hadn't indulged in those drugs. If only all three of us had supported each other through hardships, maybe things would have been different.

'Human heart is a fragile thing. Yet if conditions are right, it could be harder than diamonds.'

I know. You were right Rimuru. Yet, for me, the correct conditions never arrived. In the end, you killed me. Damn it. I know I was a pain in my entire life. I killed my dad and made mom sad. That is why when I came to this world, i decided to help everyone. Where did i mess up? I just want to rest.

'-eechan.'
'-ata-oneechan.'

Who is it? It's noisy. Just let me rest.

'Hinata-oneechan.'
'Chloe?'

Why can I hear Chloe? I am sure this isn't my imagination. I use my skill 《Mathematacian》at its full power, yet I was unable to reach a conclusion.

'Hinata-oneechan. Can you hear me?'
'Yes. But what happened? I thought I died.'
'Yes. About that....'

She then explained to me about how she was sent into the past.

(A/N:- I am not explaining the entire time leap. I am sure all the Tensura lovers know what happen.)

'So, the skill only works when I die?'
'That is what i think. Even I am not sure. I have a bit of my memories. In the past life, you did not attack Rimuru-san, so this part where we are attacked by Granbell never happened. Also, Veldora-san is never released. But Rimuru-san still became a demon lord. I studied normally until I grew up. As I grew up, I started to have feelings for him. So, when the Empire attacked, I wanted to be selfish and tell him not to go. Yet, he just smiled and told me he would come back.'
'So Rimuru lost to the Empire?'
Also Rimuru-san? Not sensei?
'No. The initial attack was repulsed and Rimuru-san had even successfully counter attacked. Yet, someone killed him. I am not sure who it was, but Rimuru-san died. After that Veldora went on a rampage and me, Ruminas and you went to stop Veldora, but again, you were killed, activating my ability.'

'I see. But this still doesn't explain why I was killed by Rimuru.'
'I am not sure, but now that I have my past memories, I understand Rimuru-san better. I believe that this time Rimuru-san had somehow found out earlier about how to send me back in time and decided to do it.'

'But, why?'
'I don't know. But I know that there is something very different from all the previous loops.'
'That is?'
'Rimuru-san is still alive. If it is him, then he will definitelydo something so that we all can survive.'

I know. If it is him, then I can trust him. Even though he just killed me. Isn't that quite ironic. Even then, I just can't bring myself to hate him.

'Also....'
'Also?'
'Um.. something odd happened when I forcefully took your soul.'
'What happened?'
'You see. While I forcefully took your soul, I was unable to control the power properly and absorbed a bit of Rimuru-san's soul.'
'Wait. So he is here with us?'
'No. The part of soul is so small that it should have disintegrated on its own. Yet it did not. So I believe it must include memories important to Rimuru-san.'
'So? Should we take a peek at it and see what it is?'
'I guess. I hope it isn't something that will not make Rimuru-san angry if he gets to know that we saw it.'
'He killed me, you know? I don't think he has any right to complain.'

-----------------------------

That's it. I hope you guys enjoyed. Like and follow.