Ch-103

Hinata's POV

"What do you mean?" Ruminas-sama asked Rimuru.
"I mean exactly what I said. But, before that, I have to confirm something."
"Confirm something?"
"Yes. Why did you make your base here at Ruberios?"

"Huh? What type of question is that?"
"After Night Rose burnt down, why did you make your base here? At the time, Ingrassia was not there. It would have been better to make your base there. It is also not close to any other demon lords territories."

"..." Ruminas-sama just stood there with her mouth open, hesitating to answer.
"It was Chloe who told her to do so." I answered on behalf of Ruminas-sama.

"Why did Chloe tell you so? I have guessed it already, but did she say because I had told her?" Rimuru asked.
"That- I-I am not sure. I never asked. But I guess it was too make sure that the time line didn't get disturbed?"

"There is that, but the main reason is something else."
"What do you mean?" Ruminas-sama asked.
"Ruins. When you came here, were there any ruins here?"
"Huh? What do you- wait. There were. How do you know?"

Rimuru took out a book from his storage.

"Because of this." The book he showed had the title 'Relics of the past'.

"There used to be a civilization here, which was destroyed. We don't care about the civilization that much though. Let's return to what we were discussing. If I am not wrong, you can get stronger if you go into the ruins."
"Huh? How can going into the ruins make me stronger?" Ruminas-sama asked.
"You will understand once you go there. Also, don't take anyone with you. They will only be a burden for you."

"And how do I know this isn't a trap?"
"I don't need to setup such a roundabout way to defeat you. I can defeat you head on. Why would I set up a trap?"
"Fair point."

"Well then, good luck. Right. I am only giving you the chance to get stronger. Whether you take it or not, depends on you." Rimuru says that as he gets up and walks out of the room. I just noticed, but he didn't teleport. I wonder why? Knowing him, I wouldn't even be surprised if he said it was to make up the mood.

I looked towards Ruminas-sama and she seemed to be in some deep thoughts.

"What are you going to do Ruminas-sama?"
"Hmm. I am not sure. But, it is worth a try. My power has reached a bottleneck for the past few decades, if something can be done, then why not?

Leaving all that aside, why don't you come to my room? Let's enjoy ourselves a bit." Ruminas-sama said with lustful smile.

"I will humbly like to refuse. If you can tease me like that, then I am sure you will be fine." I said as I left the room.

Rimuru's POV

After telling Ruminas what to do, I quickly go back to Ingrassia. It doesn't take too long for the sun rise. I guess I spent a lot of time in Ruberios. As the sun rose, I quickly got ready to go to the meeting. After wearing a formal suit, the demon lord one which was modified a bit, I came out of the inn. What I saw there surprised me to some extent.

Testarossa wat playing around with a few kids, around the age of 5 or 6. I didn't notice this earlier, but Testarossa is the type to actually help things grow than break them down. I looked at them from far away, not wanting to disturb them, but all things had to come to an end.

"Ah! Rimuru-sama. I see that you are ready. Let's go. Alright kids, I have to go." Testarossa said as she spotted me.

"Ehh! No way."
"Stay with us some more."

The kids didn't want her to leave. Well, kids don't lie. She really is quite kind.

"I told you, didn't I? You all have to be good kids now. I will come see you later."