CH-59

3rd Person POV

Guy, the overlord and the mediator of the world, is currently having the biggest headache in his life. Let's skip over the fact that he is a demon and cannot feel pain. Because that is how great Rimuru is.

Till now, the world remained in a delicate balance. But due to Rimuru, it was completely shattered. He named and gave body to four primordials. Diablo aside, the other three would never bow down to anyone. What Rimuru has done is no longer in the realm of 'crazy' or 'overconfident'.

"Well, I guess i will go and give Rimuru a visit to clarify a few things."
"No. That sounds troublesome, so I refuse."
"Huh?" Guy was flabbergasted. He was about to burst out in anger, but managed to control it. If he got angry, then he had lost. Diablo could revive instantly, unlike other demons.

"Come on. I heard that Tempest is quite a beautiful country. This is no place to talk. I will go and there and talk."
"Fine. Let's talk later then."

Just praising Rimuru's country a bit was all it took for Diablo to change his mind. As soon as Diablo said that, Guy and Raine teleported away.

"Kufufufu. Looks like I managed to avoid a fight. I guess I can't win against him as I am now. I should get stronger." Diablo said.

Rimuru's POV

I look around at what is happening. Looks like Laplace and Footman are thinking of running away. Gunther an d Louise are doing a good job I guess. Anyways, Louise seems stronger. By a lot. Do you know anything, Raphael?

<It is just a hypothesis, but I assume that both Roy and Louise were the same being. Now that Roy has died, they both have merged into one, increasing their fighting prowess.>

I see. That might be a possible explanation. Meanwhile, Luminous is fighting against Maria. She seems to be holding back quite a fair bit.

Ruminas's POV

It seems like Gran still could not overcome the love he had for this woman. To go as far as to make her corpse a death golem. But, she is really well made. It appears as if she was able to use many unique skills.

But. Something is wrong. She is strong. No doubt about it. Yet, to even give me a proper fight, she is weak. So why did Gran send her here. I quickly go to the place where the Holy Ark was. Please let it just be me overthinking things.

I reach the room. Gunther meets me midway as I keep Maria's attack from reaching me.

"Ruminas-sama, me and Louise have flushed out the invaders. I will proceed to go after him."

But before I could acknowledge what he said, I reached the room.

No way. A huge amount of my aura left my body, but I couldn't care less. The coffin was stolen. How?

"Gunther. Flush out whoever stole the Holy Ark."
"Understood."

As soon as he said that, he stood up and left. Maria tried to attack me, but I just pierced her body with my arm. I look around the empty room. It is completely destroyed. Damn it!

"DAMN IT! Gran! You will pay now. You will understand what it means to push my limits!!"

"Calm down."

I look around. A dark mist appears to have coiled around me. I tried to move, but my body instinctively froze. I look at the figure in front of me. It was a dark mist with a humanoid figure.

"Think calmly. Or else you will lose the Holy Ark."

Who? How does he know?

"Who are you?"

As soon as he said that, I felt a sudden pain in my heart.
"Now do you understand? "
"Rimuru?"
"Yep. I want the Holy Ark as much as you do. So don't mess things up."

As soon as he said that, the mist slowly dissolves and dissipates. Tch. Acting all haughty. But I know what he was saying was the truth.

Rimuru's POV

After telling Ruminas to calm down, I teleported to the Grand Cathedral. After some time, Luminas came bursting out of the underground room with Maria in her hands.

"Granbell. What do you want? You should know that she is dead. This is how you respect her."

<Analysis completed. The girl in the coffin is indeed Chloe. Also, it appears as if the individual was harboring three souls inside her body.>

Three? One is Chloe. Second is Chronoa. Who is the the third one?

<There is a 79% chance that the third soul belongs to Hinata Sakaguchi.>

It seems like Luminas and Granbell are busy talking to each other. Everyone stops fighting to listen to them. I meanwhile turn to look at Chloe. Chloe doesn't realize that I am looking at her, yet I could see a faint glow behind her. The glow started to move towards me.

She came to a stop in front of me and said, "Hinata. I know you already guessed it, but her dying is important for Chloe to go back in time."

I looked around. It doesn't seem like anyone other than me can see or hear her.

"I see. Then, I will make sure she dies, but, after you come back, you better explain everything to me."
"Alright."

I then made my way towards the children. I glanced at Granbell. Doesn't he look quite a bit younger now?

<That is because Granbell has taken in all the energy from Maria to regain his youth. This was originally given to him by Ruminas.>

"This is why. Forgive your old past Hinata. Otherwise, you will never be able to have a light spirit reside in you. Even if killed someone close to you, if you don't forgive yourself, you will lose more people close to you."

As soon as he said that, he attacked with a wave like aura towards the children.

To protect them, both Veyron and Hinata jump in the way. But before either of them could be hurt, I devour the attack with Beelzebub.

"Rimu-"

Looks like she was genuinely surprised. Not only her but everyone who was there. Even Granbell. Though, I don't know what surprised them more. The fact that I was in front of the children and had predicted Granbell's attack, or the fact that my hand had pierced completely through Hinata's chest.

"Be quiet. I am sorry. You will understand why I did this soon. I won't ask you to forgive me. I had my own goals anyway. But, take care of Chloe."

"Huh? Wh-*cough* what do *cough* you mean?" She asked while coughing out blood.

I just put my finger on her lips, indicating her to remain silent.

"Eh? Hinata-oneechan? Rimuru-sensei? Why?" Chloe asked confused. She just ran to Hinata and looked at her.
"What are you doing Rimuru?" Ruminas said as she came towards with her sword. I just took my hand out of Hinata's chest and block her attack. I then use my free hand to knock Luminas straight into the nearby wall.

Meanwhile, Hinata has lost a lot of blood. It will be impossible to save her now, even if a full recovery magic is cast.

"Why? Why it wasn't the time yet? She didn't tell me anything about this."
"Chloe, take this *cough*. You can get str*cough*onger than me."
"No. I don't want this."

Suddenly, Hinata's body disintegrated into small light particles that went towards Chloe. After a little while, they both dissapeared. I look towards Ruminas, who had just recovered.

"You understand now?"
"Shut up. There must have been another way for this."
"Might have. But it would have been more troublesome. Anyway, Venom, protect the kids."

I had already made the kids and Shizue fall asleep due to my paralyzing poison. Leon was quite startled to see Shizue fall mid fight, so much so, that he didn't even realize what had happened.

------------------

That's it. I hope you guys enjoyed. Like and follow.