CH-64

Rimuru's POV

That evening, we just exchanged information. Leon told me about Chloe and their childhood. Then Chloe explained how she had two Hero Egg, one which belonged to her and another to Hinata, which fused to then become a true hero.

The next day we finally held the music performance next day. It was quite a spectacle. But my mind was busy in different things. Right now, I was setting my priorities. I have too many problems. One is Guy. Then there is The Eastern Empire. There is also the underworld, but with Elmesia's help, that should be taken care of. Next is the Virtue and Sin powers. I have Raphael and Uriel, so gaining a buff for them would be quite useful. I also know that Chloe has Hope, so that should help as well.

While I was thinking about this, Raphael reported.

<Soul of Chloe has been analyzed. Along with the egg, she has received ultimate skill 《Hope King Sariel》. Something else was also found. It was termed 《Crest of Virtue》 by the VOTW>

Crest of Virtue?

<Yes. Additionally, upon reanalysis of Master's soul, I discovered that master has both 《Crest of Virtue》 and 《Crest of Sin》in his soul.>

Crest of Sin and Crest of Virtue? Could it have something to do with what Beelzebub had told me?

<Answer. Insufficient Information.>

I guessed as much. For now let's focus on what is right in front of us.

Yuuki's POV

Just after releasing the true hero, I ran away along with Teare, Footman and Laplace. I don't know how much Rimuru-san would protect me, but I am sure that in front of two other demon lords, he would definitely not accept that we are related. So I just ran. I wanted to analyze the fight, but my instincts told me to run. Till now my instincts have always been on mark. It is because of them that I had managed to take control over the west.

Not that it matters. It has been a few hours. I decided to take it slowly and not rush. Looks like that backfired on me. In front of me was a red haired person and beside him were standing two maids wearing a crimson colored maid outfit. One had blue hair and other had green. Their appearances match exactly what Kagali and Clayman had said.

"You did well to catch my eye." Guy said.
I told the three to not attack by thought communication.

"My. It is a pleasure to catch the eye of the strongest demon lord, Guy Crimson. So what do you want? Maybe team up with me against the empire?"
"Haha. You sure are an interesting one. I understand now why he tried to hide you from me."

He? Is he talking about Rimuru-san?

"You see, both me and Rudra are playing a game to see who can rule this world. But, neither me nor Rudra is allowed to fight. Simple, right?"
"Why are you telling me this?"
"Because, till now it was only the two of us. But a few decade ago, someone was summoned who might have changed the game."
"That is?"
"You, of course. I believed that you would unite the West and become a third power. A third player in the game essentially."
"There is no way that would have been possible. There is no way I can fight a True Dragon."
"True. But that hero could have, couldn't she?"
"I guess."
"But, guess what, somehow something even more exciting happened. Rimuru was born. He created the third power. He essentially became the third player. But I thought this was fine, you know why?"
"Why?"

He just keeps on talking and giving me information. What does he want?

"Because then you could have allied yourself with the empire and me Rimuru could fight against you."
"So a 2v2?"
"Yep. You could say it like that. But Rimuru did something that I didn't think about."
"He absorbed the west into his influence."
"That, and also made you serve him. Now he has a True Dragin, four primordials, a true hero and you working for him. I am sure he has a few more aces up his sleeve that I don't know about."
"So? Why tell me all this?"
"I thought it would be better to let you know."
"Huh?"
"Now scurry on. I also want to see what you can do, so good luck."

Huh! Is he for real? There is no way he is letting me go like this.

"What do you want?"
"Hmm? What do you mean?"
"There is no way you came all the way here just to tell me all me this."
"Well, I did come for all that. I wanted to humble you a bit by defeating you before you go to the Empire, but looks like Rimuru did it for me."
"So, you are not going to kill me?"
"No. If I do, I am sure Rimuru would use that as a reason to join the Empire."
"Huh? There is no way Rimuru-san would do that."
"No, I am sure he would. He is quite cunning. And I am sure Rudra will agree to give him autonomy over Tempest. Gaining a True Dragon, 4 primordials, an awakened hero and an awakened demon lord is a lot to gain, just for that."

Now that I think about it, he might be correct. Then the information he gains from me would decide how he moves.

"But now, you have my interest even more. I wonder why Rimuru wanted you under him. What about this, if you manage to defeat me, I will let you go, but if you don't, I will kill you all."

Tch. Shouldn't have tried to get more information out of him.

"Come at me, or I will kill you regardless."
"Why the sudden change? I thought you were afraid of Rimuru."
"Afraid? You are quite amusing. Let's start."

Looks like he won't talk anymore.

I quickly apply Anti-skill on my legs and kick at him. But it gets stopped as soon as it touches him.

"Just what are you built of?"
"Hahaha. If you are this weak then it wouldn't be interesting at all. Well, allow me to attack back."

As soon as he says that, a black fireball appears in his hand.

"Napalm Burst."

As soon as he said that, he fired started approaching me. I am immune to the fire thanks to my Anti-skill. I am immune to any magic, rather.

!!!?

Just as the fire was about to touch me, my instincts screamed at me to jump out of the way, and I did so.

Somehow my body had caught fire and the oxygen near me was being used up.
It's a mix of magic and physics. Shit. My Anti-skill can only deal with one of them at a time. That is the only disadvantage.

3rd Person POV

Yuuki still did not give up. Even after being burned in flames, he used water magic to put out the flame and used his Anti-skill to douse out any magical interference. For the next few minute Yuuki continued to attack but was finally shut down when Guy just punched him into the ground.

"So that was all? I wonder what Rimuru saw in you? Oh well. Let's end this."
"So you really are strong, Demon lord Guy. I have a proposal. Now that you have defeated boss, I mean our contractor, our deal is more or less nullified. So just let me live and I came work for ya." Laplace said in his usual tone.

Laplace wasn't betraying his team. Rather this was a last ditch effort to save them. The number 1 rule of the Moderate Clown troupe was not to betray their friends and employer. Laplace believed that Yuuki would remember that.

Guy was an eccentric person. Laplace believed that if he talked to him like this, he would incur the wrath of Guy. By doing so, Yuuki and others might just be able to escape.

Yuuki understood this as well. Yet, instead of going with the plans, he went completely against it.

"Am I really that unreliable, Laplace?"

Yuuki said as he got up. Till now, he always believed that it would be control the ones at top, yet now that he was beaten up not only by Rimuru, but Guy as well, his desire welled up. His desire to get stronger. To rule the world. To correct the world which was still young. To make sure that this world was truly just. But, most importantly, to save and protect those close to him.

[Comfirmed. Individual Yuuki Kagurazaka's Unique Skill 《Greedy One》 has evolved to the Ultimate Skill 《Greed King Mammon》]

This voice was heard only by Yuuki.

"Isn't that enough, Guy? Look at him. He is all bruised up. You shouldn't be this aggressive to someone you have just met." A voice resounded.

------------------------

That's it. I hope you guys enjoy.